• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trigger happy police shoot one of thier own

Hardly.

Roofers and garbage men "put their lives on the line" far more frequently than police officers do.

Two words: Constitutional Carry.

That and the abolition of the completely useless War on Drugs (TM) would put 50% of police out of business, save us untold billions on wasted "law enforcement" expenses, and make our streets safer.

Only sheep believe that grown men actually need other grown men to "keep them safe".

Cause roofers have people potentially shooting at them every day when they go on the job..... Oh wait.

"Constitutional Carry"

Joe Citizen is hardly trained or well prepared to handle any criminal situation. People freeze up, they panic, and they don't do well. There's a reason you hardly ever hear stories about the average citizen taking down the bad guy on their own.

But obviously there's no need to "enforce laws", right? After all, people are naturally good and won't take advantage of their neighbors, right?

The strong prey on the weak without law enforcement. Chaos doesn't help anyone.

Only idiots actually think that their Rambo and can handle any situation guns a blazing with little to no training or understanding of the situation

Cause roofers have people potentially shooting at them every day when they go on the job..... Oh wait.

"Constitutional Carry"

Joe Citizen is hardly trained or well prepared to handle any criminal situation. People freeze up, they panic, and they don't do well. There's a reason you hardly ever hear stories about the average citizen taking down the bad guy on their own.

But obviously there's no need to "enforce laws", right? After all, people are naturally good and won't take advantage of their neighbors, right?

The strong prey on the weak without law enforcement. Chaos doesn't help anyone.

Only idiots actually think that their Rambo and can handle any situation guns a blazing with little to no training or understanding of the situation

Calm down.
Cops don't protect anyone, and laws don't prevent anything. Start from there. The strong prey on the weak, law enforcement notwithstanding. Those people aren't laying their lives on the line, they're better-trained and better-paid security guards. Hopefully better-trained and better-paid, that might be doubtful in some jurisdictions.
And if physical danger is a factor, plenty of civilian jobs would make cops or military blanch with fear.

Calm down.
Cops don't protect anyone, and laws don't prevent anything. Start from there. The strong prey on the weak, law enforcement notwithstanding. Those people aren't laying their lives on the line, they're better-trained and better-paid security guards. Hopefully better-trained and better-paid, that might be doubtful in some jurisdictions.
And if physical danger is a factor, plenty of civilian jobs would make cops or military blanch with fear.

"Cops don't prevent anyone"

����������

That's just ****ing hilarious right there.

I'm sure all the people who would have died had police officers not arrested or killed one criminal or another would be glad to hear it.

Or all those rescued from hostage situations.

And now your trying to trivialize people who go into danger every single ****ing day by claiming civillian jobs are scary.

Yeah, I bet storming ashore on Omaha Beach or patrolling Englewood was no big deal because fishermen have hard jobs. Riiiiight

But hey, apparently Wild West fantasies are more important than facts.

����������

I'm sure all the people who would have died had police officers not arrested or killed one criminal or another would be glad to hear it.

Or all those rescued from hostage situations.

And now your trying to trivialize people who go into danger every single ****ing day by claiming civillian jobs are scary.

Yeah, I bet storming ashore on Omaha Beach or patrolling Englewood was no big deal because fishermen have hard jobs. Riiiiight

But hey, apparently Wild West fantasies are more important than facts.

-Do cops protect you?

����������

You have cops around protectiing you? I have personally never seen that... cops that follow you around like body guards ready to protect you at any moment but I am glad that the cops in your community are onto that... it must feel really good knowing that you are protected at night from a home invasion because the cops are on your yard there... "protecting you".

This does seem to be a little bit (a lot) of work for a $60 buy.

There are a lot of moving parts in a bust like this and it's VERY unusual for the UC guy to pull out a weapon for EXACTLY the reasons we see in this incident. I'm REALLY not a big fan of this kind of takedown because it puts too many people in high risk situations.

Seems like very shoddy police work to me.

-Do cops protect you?

In that they have arrested criminals and terrorists who otherwise would have committed crimes down the line that could have involved me, yes, they did.

Thousands upon thousands of peopl are alive today because of the actions of the police

You have cops around protectiing you? I have personally never seen that... cops that follow you around like body guards ready to protect you at any moment but I am glad that the cops in your community are onto that... it must feel really good knowing that you are protected at night from a home invasion because the cops are on your yard there... "protecting you".

Obvious missing the point in favor of snark is obvious 🙄

But that does remind me. The people who have to enter witness protection are yet another group who are protected by police. Both until they get their new identity and afterwards if they need to be pulled out

The "potential" that someone may, possibly, shoot at them is not at all the same thing as "putting their life on the line every day".

The overwhelming majority of cops go their entire career without either a.) having a gun pulled on them (much less being shot at) or b.) drawing their own firearm.

Most cops are at far less risk to life and limb on a daily basis than your average commuter is walking across a busy city intersection.

Joe Citizen is hardly trained or well prepared to handle any criminal situation. People freeze up, they panic, and they don't do well.

That's because Joe Citizen mistakenly entrusts his safety and security to law enforcement though, paradoxically, it is perfectly well known, and there is legal precedent for the fact, that cops bear absolutely no responsibility for any individual citizen's safety or security.

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away", and all that.

If there wasn't this idiot illusion that cops will keep you safe more people would take responsibility for their own safety, would be better trained, and better prepared.

There's a reason you hardly ever hear stories about the average citizen taking down the bad guy on their own.

Because the liberal media likes to play down self-sufficiency and the effective use of firearms in self defense.

And since most people down dig any deeper than that they never hear of the many, many, many instances of citizens "taking down the bad guy on their own".

I don't know whether to call that a red herring, a strawman, an irrelevant tangent, or what.

Of course there's a need to "enforce laws".

Nobody is calling for anarchy, or at least I'm not.

The strong prey on the weak without law enforcement.

Newsflash - the strong prey on the weak with law enforcement.

There are only something like 765,000 sworn police officers nationally, and they're working in three shifts.

On average there are only 255,000 cops on duty in America at any given time.

In a nation of 319 million people that works out to about to about one cop on duty for every 1250 citizens.

I have a tough time knowing exactly what both of my kids are doing at the same time.

There is no way one cop could possibly know what 1250 people are doing at the same time.

Cops can't, and don't, for the most part, "prevent" crime.

They deter it to some extent, but they don't prevent it.

They step in after a crime has occurred and, if possible, apprehend offenders so the judicial system can punish them.

The punishment meted out by the judicial system is what really deters criminals.

Only idiots actually think that cops risk their lives on a daily basis, prevent crime, and keep people safe.

What ensures safety is hardening the target.

You said it yourself, "the strong prey on the weak".

Putting cops on the street doesn't make the weak any stronger.

Putting guns in the hands of the citizenry makes them stronger, "God made men, Sam Colt made them equal."

You're a sheep advocating for a nation of sheep and laboring under the illusion that some idiot who calls himself a "sheepdog" will keep you safe.

Last edited:
The "potential" that someone may, possibly, shoot at them is not at all the same thing as "putting their life on the line every day".

The overwhelming majority of cops go their entire career without either a.) having a gun pulled on them (much less being shot at) or b.) drawing their own firearm.

Most cops are at far less risk to life and limb on a daily basis than your average commuter is walking across a busy city intersection.

That's because Joe Citizen mistakenly entrusts his safety and security to law enforcement though, paradoxically, it is perfectly well known, and there is legal precedent for the fact, that cops bear absolutely no responsibility for any individual citizen's safety or security.

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away", and all that.

If there wasn't this idiot illusion that cops will keep you safe more people would take responsibility for their own safety, would be better trained, and better prepared.

Because the liberal media likes to play down self-sufficiency and the effective use of firearms in self defense.

And since most people down dig any deeper than that they never hear of the many, many, many instances of citizens "taking down the bad guy on their own".

I don't know whether to call that a red herring, a strawman, an irrelevant tangent, or what.

Of course there's a need to "enforce laws".

Nobody is calling for anarchy, or at least I'm not.

Newsflash - the strong prey on the weak with law enforcement.

There are only something like 765,000 sworn police officers nationally, and they're working in three shifts.

On average there are only 255,000 cops on duty in America at any given time.

In a nation of 319 million people that works out to about to about one cop on duty for every 1250 citizens.

I have a tough time knowing exactly what both of my kids are doing at the same time.

There is no way one cop could possibly know what 1250 people are doing at the same time.

Cops can't, and don't, for the most part, "prevent" crime.

They deter it to some extent, but they don't prevent it.

They step in after a crime has occurred and, if possible, apprehend offenders so the judicial system can punish them.

The punishment meted out by the judicial system is what really deters criminals.

Only idiots actually think that cops risk their lives on a daily basis, prevent crime, and keep people safe.

What ensures safety is hardening the target.

You said it yourself, "the strong prey on the weak".

Putting cops on the street doesn't make the weak any stronger.

Putting guns in the hands of the citizenry makes them stronger, "God made men, Sam Colt made them equal."

You're a sheep advocating for a nation of sheep and laboring under the illusion that some idiot who calls himself a "sheepdog" will keep you safe.

All that bs about how "if everybody was armed, there'd be no mass shootings" is just that---bs. It doesn't matter what your packing if the guy has the drop on you, and in the chaos of an active shooter situation people tend to freeze up. There's a reason the actual professionals tell people not to try and pull a Rambo or Die Hard----because more likely than not they'll get killed or end up shooting everybody but the perp.

Police and military personal are trained for these kinds of situations. Joe Citizen isn't. Joe Citizen also has no actual experience with said situations while police and military personel have a ton, collectively.

Many police don't ever have to draw their weapons, but enough do that the point is still valid. Not to mention all the preoparation in the world still won't do you any good if your not physocologically prepared for a situation, which Joe Citizen isn't.

Only an idiot thinks Wild West fantasies make for deterring crime. Unless your willing to go back to a Switzerland style "everybody gets conscripted, taught how to use a firearm, taught the responsiblities involved in having a firearm and are held accountable for their actions with said firearm while mentally prepared to defend themselves and their country and giving back to the community" society.....

That is to say?
Not briefed- no aware of the 2nd officer, why did he not ask for an update, some officers had to be present?

In that they have arrested criminals and terrorists who otherwise would have committed crimes down the line that could have involved me, yes, they did.

Thousands upon thousands of peopl are alive today because of the actions of the police

So what you are really saying is that lots of people protect you. Architects who safely plan and build buildings and bridges... teachers who take bullies out of class/school... lots of people... I can go on and on... firemen who get arsonists off the street... the bouncer at the bar that stops some guys from beating you... the judge who orders the sentence... the weather man that informed you about the incoming hurricane so you could evacuate... the scientist who designed the weather satellite that the weather man used to see the hurricane... see where I am going with this or do you still think that police ACTUALLY PROTECT YOU.

So what you are really saying is that lots of people protect you. Architects who safely plan and build buildings and bridges... teachers who take bullies out of class/school... lots of people... I can go on and on... firemen who get arsonists off the street... the bouncer at the bar that stops some guys from beating you... the judge who orders the sentence... the weather man that informed you about the incoming hurricane so you could evacuate... the scientist who designed the weather satellite that the weather man used to see the hurricane... see where I am going with this or do you still think that police ACTUALLY PROTECT YOU.

In a way, yeah. All these people, when doing their jobs right, do protect people. Only it's not in the freaking job description like it is for police.

In a way, yeah. All these people, when doing their jobs right, do protect people. Only it's not in the freaking job description like it is for police.

So actually your argument that "cops protect you" is really just an Appeal to Emotion because lots of people protect us without getting credit.

So actually your argument that "cops protect you" is really just an Appeal to Emotion because lots of people protect us without getting credit.

But most of those people don't get shot at as part of the daily risks of their job.

Not to mention I don't see any teachers or sanitation engineers going around preventing terrorist plots.

Or, you know, arresting and making sure those responsible for successful ones are punished.

But most of those people don't get shot at as part of the daily risks of their job.

How does a cop getting shot at protect you? Can you stay on point for a second or do you just float about making tangents?

Not to mention I don't see any teachers or sanitation engineers going around preventing terrorist plots.

Or, you know, arresting and making sure those responsible for successful ones are punished.

How is any of this relevant?

How does a cop getting shot at protect you? Can you stay on point for a second or do you just float about making tangents?

How is any of this relevant?

Shootouts with terrorists and criminals who otherwise might have murdered you? Hostage situations when the police storm the building? Just flat out ordinary gun fights?

It's relevant because your claiming that plenty of jobs are as dangerous as police work---yet police have to go after the scum of the earth, instead of avoiding them like most people would

Shootouts with terrorists and criminals who otherwise might have murdered you? Hostage situations when the police storm the building? Just flat out ordinary gun fights?

It's relevant because your claiming that plenty of jobs are as dangerous as police work---yet police have to go after the scum of the earth, instead of avoiding them like most people would

Another misrepresentation... although I am now beginning to think that you are not that capable of a reader. I never said plenty of jobs are as dangerous. I said that they were as stressful. I also said that your argument was not very good because other jobs protect you equal to police. Are you going to ignore this failure too and not be accountable for what you say? I wonder...

Another misrepresentation... although I am now beginning to think that you are not that capable of a reader. I never said plenty of jobs are as dangerous. I said that they were as stressful. I also said that your argument was not very good because other jobs protect you equal to police. Are you going to ignore this failure too and not be accountable for what you say? I wonder...

So other jobs apparently go after terrorist cells and criminals and take them off the streets so that the citizen can't be harmed by them, or punish them once they have committed crimes against the citizen? Uh huh......

i wonder how many seconds will pass between someone smashing your window and forcibly entering your home, and you frantically dialing 911 to beg for assistance from the evil police?

my guess; 2.5, anyone else care to wager?

It's not in the job description for the police to protect you either. Police are not bodyguards.

Back
Top Bottom