• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trickle down or Siphon up!

No, I'm saying the article focuses on the extremes without looking at the big picture which my article did. Your article isn't even attempting to make the argument you think it is. Now are you going to try and disagree with my article or are you just going to ignore it because you know you have no comeback.

no you made an argument that these people are getting it from mommy and daddy.
the forbes top 400 negates this and shows it 100% false. the majority of people on the forbes top 400
are self made. meaning they went out and worked for it or invested or created something to earn it.

you article has nothing to do with what you argued.
the fact is that people are seeing upward mobility and a lot of that is due to the internet.

the other article i posted supports this as the age of wealthy people has dropped.

so now you are back peddling in what you argued because you were proven incorrect.

You addressed 1 out of 3 points that I made, and your Rebuttal didn't even say what you thought it did.

no i addressed everything.

the fact is you hate people that are more successful than you. otherwise you would spend more time being successful yourself instead of hating those that do what you
can't.
you next claimed that they were getting it from mommy and daddy (this was proven incorrect)
next you listed a bunch of nonsense that didn't need to be acknowledge for the drivel that it was.

You addressed 1 out of 3 points that I made, and your Rebuttal didn't even say what you thought it did.

since you don't seem to remember what you argued this is what you argued word for word.

Nobody is jealous of success. What we want is A.) for people to actually earn it by doing something positive for the country. (i.e. not simply have it given to them by mommy and daddy). B.) ensure that those successful people are primarily funding a government that is almost exclusively designed for their own benefit. C.) Recognize that instead of paying a cop $50k a year to defend you from someone in poverty you could just as easily provide basic necessities for the person in poverty.

1. These people do earn it please see the forbes top 400 i posted the majority of those people are self made. IE they didn't get it from mommy and daddy.
2. this is just nonsense
3. i addressed this as well. that is what the welfare system is for. it is designed to provide basic needs but guess what i still need a cop in that neighborhood. so it looks like that doesn't solve your issue.

so you are lying when you say i only addressed 1 out of 3.

Do you even know what money is? Have you looked at a dollar before? Whose picture is on it? It is a stockholder? Taxes are payments for services rendered. They're a lot like HOA fees. As long as you choose to live in the community the HOA gets to decide what your fees should be, and that money belongs to the HOA every month so they can pay the associated bills. If your HOA voted to give you a discount on your HOA, but then had to take out a loan to pay the lawn mowers which the HOA will have to pay back later would you say that's a smart financial choice? Maybe in a down economy when the people in the community are already struggling to pay their mortgages as it is it would be fine, but not in a strong economy.

Do you think it would be smart for your HOA to give you a break in your fees and just assume that you'll use the extra money that you have laying around hire your own lawn mower?

If it were for services the FedGov is suppose to provide other than all the waste, I might agree.

This just speaks for itself. Voters please stop supporting the destruction of the working people

America’s companies are swimming in cash thanks to the big cut in the corporate tax rate.

The roughly 180 companies in the S&P 500 Index that have reported results saw their effective tax rate drop by 6 percent on average in the first quarter. That saved them a total of almost $13 billion in taxes, an analysis by Bloomberg shows. About a third of that went to 44 financial firms.

Verizon generated layoffs- $30 BILLION IN PROFITS AND A $4 BILLION TAX CUT, VERIZON SEEKS TO CUT 44,000 U.S. WORKERS, OUTSOURCE UP TO 5,000 JOBS

A number of good people lost their jobs as part of company-wide layoffs, despite Verizon taking in nearly $4 billion in government funded tax breaks last year and a promise that workers will 'share in the company's success,'"

Under Obama corporations offshored trillions of dollars in profits and Banks deposited trillions of dollars in excess reserves at the FED where is sat for years earning a me a measly .25% in interest

Trillions of dollars in capital sat stagnant through Obama's entire term while small businesses we're being hit hard by Obama's increasing and burdensome regulations and ObamaCare's double digit increases

Also, the Middle-class was absolutely slammed under Obama

The alternative to " Trickle down " is always high marginal tax rates and or wealth taxes, burdensome regulations and massive spending on social programs.

That's the Left wing alternative to Trickle down and it's a job killer and it's the middle-class who are impacted the worst as their ranks shrink and the disparity between the rich and poor widens.

The layoffs at HuffPo and BuzzFeed are the result of diminishing add revenues, and that's the result of a drop in readership.

Their writers chose to be full time activist instead of journalist and they routinely alienated millions of potential readers by treating them as the enemy.

Americans have had enough of a bunch of arrogant kids with gender study degrees spewing constant social justice talking points and hurling toxic vindictives at anyone who disagrees with them

Back
Top Bottom