• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Treason

watsup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
“Article 3, section 3, clause 1 of the U.S. Constitution specifies that the giving of aid and COMFORT to theenemy is an element in the crime of Treason. Aid and COMFORT may consist of substantial assistance or the MERE ATTEMPT TO PROVIDE SOME SUPPORT”

Which begs the question: is Putin feeling some “comfort” when he hears various Republican politicians and former military officers, as well as Tucker Carlson, repeating his propaganda regarding his murderous invasion of Ukraine almost word for word? And if so, are they skating very close to treason by doing so?

Did you see my thread about sending Putin an abundance of love and strength?

“Article 3, section 3, clause 1 of the U.S. Constitution specifies that the giving of aid and COMFORT to theenemy is an element in the crime of Treason. Aid and COMFORT may consist of substantial assistance or the MERE ATTEMPT TO PROVIDE SOME SUPPORT”

Which begs the question: is Putin feeling some “comfort” when he hears various Republican politicians and former military officers, as well as Tucker Carlson, repeating his propaganda regarding his murderous invasion of Ukraine almost word for word? And if so, are they skating very close to treason by doing so?
Imo, you missed one part. The part of treason that involves wartime. The US is not at war.

Do you have some actual quotes/examples of this supposed treason that you would like to share?

“Article 3, section 3, clause 1 of the U.S. Constitution specifies that the giving of aid and COMFORT to the enemy is an element in the crime of Treason. Aid and COMFORT may consist of substantial assistance or the MERE ATTEMPT TO PROVIDE SOME SUPPORT”

No. We're not at war with Russia, so technically they don't qualify as "the enemy".

No, despite your obvious need to have your biases confirmed by others - it isn't "treason."

But if you really want to go there, maybe have your more popular Dems take a long hard look in the mirror - perhaps even the one currently asleep at the wheel in the WH.

Yes. Definitely! We should immediately imprison all the Republicans and start executions at sunrise.

This went well

Imo, you missed one part. The part of treason that involves wartime. The US is not at war.

War is not declared. We most certainly are at war, World War III.

Good grief.

War is not declared. We most certainly are at war, World War III.

Good grief.
In what possible way can you describe what is going on (concerning America) as being at war, much less WW3? OMG, gas is up $.50 a gallon!

In what possible way can you describe what is going on (concerning America) as being at war, much less WW3? OMG, gas is up $.50 a gallon!

Wow, just fickin wow.

God bless you. I am sorry the obvious eludes you.

While not formally "at war", there is simply no doubt that Putin's Russia, at this point, can be called an "enemy". Maybe not a war enemy, but certainly a state political enemy. As such, I have nothing but disgust for the traitorous scum like Tucker and his guest general and various other Republican politicians who are definitely providing his "comfort" with their naive and unnecessary statements that parrot exactly his propaganda campaign.

I wouldn't call it treason (against the United States), but it is certainly giving praise and comfort to a brutal fascist regime that is slaughtering civilians in Europe.

That the Trump branch of the Republican party supports Colonel Putin does not surprise me in the least.

I wouldn't call it treason (against the United States), but it is certainly giving praise and comfort to a brutal fascist regime that is slaughtering civilians in Europe.

That the Trump branch of the Republican party supports Colonel Putin does not surprise me in the least.

Wonder if he's still negotiating for his hotel in Moscow? I wonder if Putin still takes his calls now that he is no longer "president"? Probably. They probably have a good time reminiscing about the "good old days" when they were good buddies.

Maybe you few ought to get out your cell phones and call Nancy and Chuck.....and they can tell the President he needs to declare war on Putin and Moscow

Yeah.....i can hear those calls now.....

"you what? you think we need to declare war on Russia? We arent in conflict with Russia...you know that, right?" click......

lmfao.....wow just wow

and you think the obvious eludes someone else?

Maybe you few ought to get out your cell phones and call Nancy and Chuck.....and they can tell the President he needs to declare war on Putin and Moscow

Yeah.....i can hear those calls now.....

"you what? you think we need to declare war on Russia? We arent in conflict with Russia...you know that, right?" click......

lmfao.....wow just wow

and you think the obvious eludes someone else?

So silly.

Wow, just fickin wow.

God bless you. I am sorry the obvious eludes you.
It is obviously not WW3. We are not at war, when was the last time we were? 1945.

While not formally "at war", there is simply no doubt that Putin's Russia, at this point, can be called an "enemy". Maybe not a war enemy, but certainly a state political enemy. As such, I have nothing but disgust for the traitorous scum like Tucker and his guest general and various other Republican politicians who are definitely providing his "comfort" with their naive and unnecessary statements that parrot exactly his propaganda campaign.
Imo, anything less than being formally at war trivializes what we mean by war. Low estimates of deaths during WW2 are about 60 million people. Armed conflict does not approach that level of global death and destruction. Ukraine is horrifying, and for the people who live there, it is obviously a war. Standing to the rear and providing support while suffering only economically is a challenge, not a war.

You are denying that we are supplying weapons to Ukraine who ARE at war with Russia? That is called a "proxy" war and that is still a war.

Back
Top Bottom