• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trayvon riots set for Monday

haymarket

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
WOW!!! I went to bed late last night fully expecting to awaken today to a media filled with pictures of burning cities all over America as angry African American took to the streets to riot after after the Zimmerman acquittal late Saturday night. After all, we were told repeatedly by the right wingers of this land that we should brace ourselves for the worst.

So I woke up Sunday morning and went from network to network - I even looked in on FOX where I expected full coverage filled with smiling dark faces carrying plasma TV's while drinking looted bottles of Dom - and could find nothing. A little dust up in California with a few windows smashed a fire or two lit but generally it seemed to be far more peaceful than a normal hot July night.

So why no riots?

Then I found out that they were scheduled for Monday.

I'm Not the One Hoping for Trayvon Riots! - The Rush Limbaugh Show

RUSH: Yeah, plus the riots are scheduled for Monday. They probably don't have the rioters ready to go today. But they can't help themselves. I mean, folks, it's amazing

It's been a long time for the Drive-Bys. There haven't been any real, decent riots since Rodney King. I mean, you might have to go back to Rodney King to find some really decent, really qualified riots in terms of the way the media looks at these things. A sports championship riot doesn't count because that's engendered, really, by joy and happiness. If people want to tear down their town 'cause their team wins, that's one thing, but if they tear down their town because they think they've just been given the racial shaft, that's made to order.

Now that explains everything. After all, Limbaugh has made it official

There are riots to be had here.

On the other hand, perhaps the old gasbag is just full of crap yet again? After all here is what he said as the case went to the jury

Now, if things run true to course, the way things are in America today, the facts won't matter, the evidence won't matter, the substance won't make a smithereen bit of difference. It will be all about the feelings. It will be all about the heart and how sad.

The guy really believes in America doesn't he? :doh:roll:

Last edited:
Yep. We seem to see riots just about equally as a result of not guilty verdiicts in these racially charged cases, black rioting after Rodney King verdict and white rioting after the O.J. verdict. Perhaps you can show us some stories about white riots after racially charged trial verdicts were announced - fair and balanced as this post is. You select one windbag moron, with media access, and could find nobody else that thought the odds quite good for black rioting after a Zimmerman trial not guilty verdict?

The op is documentation the author has no clue who Rush is nor his perspective on issues presented on his show.

Thanks for the proof. (-:

Yep. We seem to see riots just about equally as a result of not guilty verdiicts in these racially charged cases, black rioting after Rodney King verdict and white rioting after the O.J. verdict. Perhaps you can show us some stories about white riots after racially charged trial verdicts were announced - fair and balanced as this post is. You select one windbag moron, with media access, and could find nobody else that thought the odds quite good for black rioting after a Zimmerman trial not guilty verdict?

I agree that Limbaugh is a windbag moron. Sadly the guy has a huge following among the right and is picked up all over the land. With him beating the drum, its a very loud drum.

Are you really saying you did not hear anything about riots other than this from Limbaugh? IS that your position? I do not want to misinterpret what you wrote because generally I find you reasonable and sensible. So please clarify.

The op is documentation the author has no clue who Rush is nor his perspective on issues presented on his show.

You act as if I made up the story and the Limbaugh quotes. :shock::doh

They are 100% accurate and his own words.

You act as if I made up the story and the Limbaugh quotes. :shock::doh

They are 100% accurate and his own words.

Now you've even doubled down on it.

Kudos!

I agree that Limbaugh is a windbag moron. Sadly the guy has a huge following among the right and is picked up all over the land. With him beating the drum, its a very loud drum.

Are you really saying you did not hear anything about riots other than this from Limbaugh? IS that your position? I do not want to misinterpret what you wrote because generally I find you reasonable and sensible. So please clarify.

It's something people discussed and it's something people need to be prepared for.

It is discussed and prepared for because of the prevalency the black community does riot in these cases. Overall, I think we're lucky that the verdict came back late on a rainy weekend. Given their propensity for violence when the weather is nice, things may have been very different if a verdict came back early on a sunny morning. I can't imagine what would happen if the verdict came out to start last week's holiday weekend.

I'm not really sure what your point is but kudos to the black community for not looting and rioting as they have in the past.

Was that what you were looking for?

Now you've even doubled down on it.

Kudos!

I guess I committed the ultimate sin to a Limbaugh True Believer - I quoted him. :lamo:doh:lamo

WOW!!! I went to bed late last night fully expecting to awaken today to a media filled with pictures of burning cities all over America as angry African American took to the streets to riot after after the Zimmerman acquittal late Saturday night. After all, we were told repeatedly by the right wingers of this land that we should brace ourselves for the worst.

So I woke up Sunday morning and went from network to network - I even looked in on FOX where I expected full coverage filled with smiling dark faces carrying plasma TV's while drinking looted bottles of Dom - and could find nothing. A little dust up in California with a few windows smashed a fire or two lit but generally it seemed to be far more peaceful than a normal hot July night.

So why no riots?

Then I found out that they were scheduled for Monday.

I'm Not the One Hoping for Trayvon Riots! - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Now that explains everything. After all, Limbaugh has made it official

On the other hand, perhaps the old gasbag is just full of crap yet again? After all here is what he said as the case went to the jury

The guy really believes in America doesn't he? :doh:roll:

There was quite a bit of rioting in LA.

Quite the opposite; I said that many other media folks had addressed the distinct possibility of black rioting in the event of a not guilty verdict, yet you made it sound the only Rush did so. My main point is that there is indeed good historical prcedent for the expectation of black rioting, e.g. after the Rodney King verdict. I also challenged you to show that white rioting is equally likely to occur when the races involved in "racially charged" trial are reversed, e.g. after the O.J. Simpson verdict.

These riots based on racism whines are always the same thing;

The rioters simply break into stores and steal merchandise.

Yup, that new big screen TV will really help satisfy the false racism whine.

Theft and property damage is the driving force.

Act like an animal, and they will get treated like animals.

Quite the opposite; I said that many other media folks had addressed the distinct possibility of black rioting in the event of a not guilty verdict, yet you made it sound the only Rush did so. My main point is that there is indeed good historical prcedent for the expectation of black rioting, e.g. after the Rodney King verdict. I also challenged you to show that white rioting is equally likely to occur when the races involved in "racially charged" trial are reversed, e.g. after the O.J. Simpson verdict.

If that is how you took my comments, they were not meant that way. I used Limbaugh because of his fame and prominence as a strong voice for the far right.

I do not understand the white rioting comparison nor do I understand what the point is? Rioting is generally a step taken by otherwise powerless people who feel they have no other alternative open to them so they foolishly strike out even against their own community. People with power - economic, political and other forms - generally have other avenues to pursue when they have an axe to grind or want redress for their perceived grievances.

If you study the history of the nation, I believe that history bears me out on this showing rioting to be generally connected to the lower strata of society - no matter which racial or ethnic group was int hat position at various times in history. The infamous Draft Riots of the Civil War era were done by lower working class men angry that they could not buy their way out of the draft the way monied people could do. The Seattle anti-Chinese riots of 1886 were committed by largely unemployed laborers striking out against people they saw as competing for jobs in a bad labor market.

If you need more examples, I can provide them.

This list from wikipedia is of riots the world over but many are from the USA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_riots

Last edited:
This was published Friday in the Washington Times:

New Black Panther Party members are prepping for rallies and gatherings in the wake of the George Zimmerman murder trial, but are coy on whether violence, riots and other chaotic outbursts are potential — or welcome — offshoots of those events.

...A series of [NBPP member] tweets posted in the same time frame reference the potential for post-trial violence — and the NBPP’s attitude toward that likelihood.

“If Zimmerman is acquitted there is likely to be unrest all over America. It will be way beyond the capacity of the NBPP,” the tweet read.

Another, in the same time frame: “From what we are hearing there is a HIGH chance of rebellion across the nation if Zimmerman is acquitted on all charges.”

And a third: “New Black Panther Party will not give you specific details on anything other than to say we have rallies and street maneuvers planned.”

New Black Panther Party coy on 'rallies and street maneuvers,' post-George Zimmerman trial - Washington Times

Looks as if "rightwingers" weren't the only ones discussing post-verdict concerns over possible "rallies and gatherings."

I'm not sure I understand this. The Sanford Police Department made a plea for peace in press conferences and public service messages on-air. We were told that pastors of black congregations were calling for peace. (I say 'we were told' because I never read the stories personally. I'm sure they're there.) Recently, we've been blasted with social media posts threatening unrest. "No Justice - No Peace" slogans were in the streets; a photograph of Martin Zimmerman in the crosshairs on a t-shirt; social media abuzz with threats; Comment areas under trial coverage on the internet were menacing.

Rush Limbaugh? Your discussing his perspective is like me discussing the perspective of Al Sharpton. On this issue, one is as bad as the other.

If that is how you took my comments, they were not meant that way. I used Limbaugh because of his fame and prominence as a strong voice for the far right.

I do not understand the white rioting comparison nor do I understand what the point is? Rioting is generally a step taken by otherwise powerless people who feel they have no other alternative open to them so they foolishly strike out even against their own community. People with power - economic, political and other forms - generally have other avenues to pursue when they have an axe to grind or want redress for their perceived grievances.

If you study the history of the nation, I believe that history bears me out on this showing rioting to be generally connected to the lower strata of society - no matter which racial or ethnic group was int hat position at various times in history. The infamous Draft Riots of the Civil War era were done by lower working class men angry that they could not buy their way out of the draft the way monied people could do. The Seattle anti-Chinese riots of 1886 were committed by largely unemployed laborers striking out against people they saw as competing for jobs in a bad labor market.

If you need more examples, I can provide them.

This list from wikipedia is of riots the world over but many are from the USA

List of riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No need to go back to 1886. Using a single far right windbag as your example discounts the rather significant number of folks, of all political persuasions, that thought (and some still do think) black rioting to be a very distinct possibility with a not guilty verdict for Zimmerman.

Rev. Jesse Jackson: Don't Riot After Zimmerman Verdict | www.ajc.com

Broward County Sheriff's Office Prepares Zimmerman Verdict Riot Plan

Atlanta Police Departments Prepare For Riots After Zimmerman Verdict « CBS Atlanta

TIME columnist:

These riots based on racism whines are always the same thing;

The rioters simply break into stores and steal merchandise.

Yup, that new big screen TV will really help satisfy the false racism whine.

Theft and property damage is the driving force.

Act like an animal, and they will get treated like animals.

Good morning, SMTA. :2wave:

What has not been properly explained is WHY they feel they deserve what someone else has worked for. Does a new big screen TV really satisfy some personal shortcoming, and make everything all okay? If so, then there is an easy solution...just buy them for everyone that feels slighted. Or is it greed or envy, called by other names, that is the real problem? I guess whoever said "haters gotta hate" had it pegged! :thumbdown:

I guess I committed the ultimate sin to a Limbaugh True Believer - I quoted him. :lamo:doh:lamo

The ultimate sin would be if you were one of the Black Racist enabling DEM Lib/Gay turds kissing the arse of Obumster, and his most ardent followers like Al Sharpton, and the other Black Racist Wonderboy Jesse Jackson...... praying in the Cathedral Of Hate run by the "Pastor, Friend, & Mentor" of Owebumster, Jeremiah "Goddamn America" Wright.

I'm not sure I understand this. The Sanford Police Department made a plea for peace in press conferences and public service messages on-air. We were told that pastors of black congregations were calling for peace. (I say 'we were told' because I never read the stories personally. I'm sure they're there.) Recently, we've been blasted with social media posts threatening unrest. "No Justice - No Peace" slogans were in the streets; a photograph of Martin Zimmerman in the crosshairs on a t-shirt; social media abuzz with threats; Comment areas under trial coverage on the internet were menacing.

Rush Limbaugh? Your discussing his perspective is like me discussing the perspective of Al Sharpton. On this issue, one is as bad as the other.

I happen to value your opinion about all things Maggie - even Sharpton --- who by the way I do not have much good to say about..... but thats another story.

Just got a phone call from a friend:

The turd-like newspaper New York Times, the quotidian Bible of the Black Racist Enabling DEM Gay/Lib scum had this on their Front Page:

A crowd of the Teen age Thug Trayvon Martin Female Sympathizers cuddling their infants in their arms purportedly showing the extent the emotional anguish these idiots are going thru with bemoaning the just verdict of Z's NOT GUILTY verdict !!!

I puked when I heard that........and, I am still puking.

I wonder how many times, if ever, these same idiots turned out in the streets cuddling their babes in their ams to bemoan the MONTHLY THOUSANDS of the TEEN AGE Black/Black, and Black/Non Black crimes across the Nation ?!?!?

The ultimate sin would be if you were one of the Black Racist enabling DEM Lib/Gay turds kissing the arse of Obumster, and his most ardent followers like Al Sharpton, and the other Black Racist Wonderboy Jesse Jackson...... praying in the Cathedral Of Hate run by the "Pastor, Friend, & Mentor" of Owebumster, Jeremiah "Goddamn America" Wright.

Convenient how you slipped your hate of the President into this. I guess there are some who just can't give up the addiction to vitriol nor accept the election results. :roll:

Then you should read the post above yours about the New Black Panther Party. That's even worse than Sharpton or Limbaugh

I don't listen to Limbaugh, but I did finally click on your link, Haymarket. Reads to me as if Limbaugh is being sarcastic. Did you see the reference to MSNBC putting out a dead-Trayvon photo? I've just looked at it at Gawker. Why did MSNBC do this "accidentally"?

Back
Top Bottom