• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trayvon martin supporters make shocking threats ahead of verdict

Kinda like nothing was going to happen when the Rodney King cops were acquitted in their first trial.

Nothing will happen, because Zimmerman is already convicted.
Let me repeat, this is not Los Angeles. Its Sanford Florida, bet you never heard of Sanford Florida before this and will never again after its all over.

Let me repeat, this is not Los Angeles. Its Sanford Florida, bet you never heard of Sanford Florida before this and will never again after its all over.

You can parrot that all you want, but it still doesn't mean anything.

You can parrot that all you want, but it still doesn't mean anything.

Who am I parroting? I was the one that said nothing will happen. But you ladies all seem to have your panties in a bunch about "riots" and "killin's" that aint going to happen.
I say this based on the fact that I LIVE IN FLORIDA, NOT THAT FAR AWAY FROM SANFORD.

Who am I parroting? I was the one that said nothing will happen. But you ladies all seem to have your panties in a bunch about "riots" and "killin's" that aint going to happen.
I say this based on the fact that I LIVE IN FLORIDA, NOT THAT FAR AWAY FROM SANFORD.

Nothing's going to happen, because Zimmerman isn't going to be acquitted.

What part of "this is not LA did you not understand"?

What pat of racially motivated violence do YOU not understand? Do you think it can only happen in Sanford? If GZ is acquitted, it will happen in many places. Sanford may or may not be one of them.

What pat of racially motivated violence do YOU not understand? Do you think it can only happen in Sanford? If GZ is acquitted, it will happen in many places. Sanford may or may not be one of them.

Why, with all the killings going on in the US on a regular basis, is this one getting so much attention? It seems that the media selects an incident, competes with each other to sex it up, and it develops into an international soap opera with everyone picking sides and threatening violence if their guy doesn't win.

And what annoys me most is that I'm now curious about the outcome when I really shouldn't give a damn.

As the murder trial of George Zimmerman marches on, supporters of slain teen Trayvon Martin are vowing to carry out disturbing and deadly acts of violence if Zimmerman is not found guilty.

Twitter has been buzzing with death threats against Zimmerman (and random white people…and for the truly ambitious, an “hispanic/white” person) if the verdict isn’t guilty as charged in the murder trial in which Zimmerman is pleading self-defense in his fatal shooting of Martin.

Here’s a sampling via Twitchy (and be advised of rough language ahead):

‘If Zimmerman Get Off, Ima Go Kill a White Boy’: Trayvon Martin Supporters Make Shocking Threats Ahead of Verdict | TheBlaze.com

People who wonder why many white people fear young black people need only consider the content of this OP to discover some of the reasons.

Why, with all the killings going on in the US on a regular basis, is this one getting so much attention? It seems that the media selects an incident, competes with each other to sex it up, and it develops into an international soap opera with everyone picking sides and threatening violence if their guy doesn't win.

And what annoys me most is that I'm now curious about the outcome when I really shouldn't give a damn.

It gets attention because it was made a racial issue, rather than being handled as the tragedy it really is. Media love racial issues... it gets ratings... and perpetuates strife and friction among people.

President Obama claiming that if he had a son, he'd be like Trayvon Martin justified feelings in every black person in America that Zimmerman wrongly murdered him. That's what made this case the powder keg it may turn out to be.

It gets attention because it was made a racial issue, rather than being handled as the tragedy it really is. Media love racial issues... it gets ratings... and perpetuates strife and friction among people.

The case has been hyped as both a racial "profiling" and a handgun issue. Had the deadly weapon used been a knife, club, or rock then I seriously doubt that the case would have received nearly the same media attention.

Both made into a racial "profiling" and a handgun issue. Had the deadly weapon used been a knife, club, or rock then I seriously doubt that the case would have received nearly the same media attention.

Agree 100%. If the Connecticut murders happened because this nut job ran a Hummer into the classroom, we would not be seeing the anti-gun crowd trolling for support. Far more people die in auto related incidents than in gun related incidents.... but that's not news.

If any white people are attacked by hysterical blacks in the wake of an acquittal, the mass news media is certainly responsible to a large degree. What I find really disturbing is that rather flimsy news stories such as Paula Deen's racial remarks, or the tragic death of one Trayvon Martin which should not have garnered more than local media attention once the Stand Your Ground controversy was settled, are fixated upon and artificially inflated into major news stories

Meanwhile, truly disturbing news stories, such as the Shawn Custis home invasion in Millburn, NJ, are provided relatively scant news coverage. Indeed, a search of 'Shawn Custis' on CNN's search engine turns up nothing while the same search engine turns up pages and pages of stories pertaining to Deen and Zimmerman. It appears that public opinion is being manipulated in such a way as to fill African Americans with self-righteous rage at the expense of white people.

What are the Powers That Be up to now?

People who wonder why many white people fear young black people need only consider the content of this OP to discover some of the reasons.

Do you believe this twitter BS?

If any white people are attacked by hysterical blacks in the wake of an acquittal, the mass news media is certainly responsible to a large degree. What I find really disturbing is that rather flimsy news stories such as Paula Deen's racial remarks, or the tragic death of one Trayvon Martin which should not have garnered more than local media attention once the Stand Your Ground controversy was settled, are fixated upon and artificially inflated into major news stories

Meanwhile, truly disturbing news stories, such as the Shawn Custis home invasion in Millburn, NJ, are provided relatively scant news coverage. Indeed, a search of 'Shawn Custis' on CNN's search engine turns up nothing while the same search engine turns up pages and pages of stories pertaining to Deen and Zimmerman. It appears that public opinion is being manipulated in such a way as to fill African Americans with self-righteous rage at the expense of white people.

What are the Powers That Be up to now?

Has Shawn Custis been arrested or had it been swept under the rug?

I know in Atlanta they arrest black criminals and white criminals as swiftly as possible.

Do you believe this twitter BS?

I believe that anyone who takes the time to threaten physical violence should be taken at their word until proven otherwise. Personally, I've never threatened anyone with physical violence nor would I ever contemplate doing so. Violence is not in my make-up. Sadly, violence is just below the surface of far to many people, particularly young people, in today's society.

President Obama claiming that if he had a son, he'd be like Trayvon Martin justified feelings in every black person in America that Zimmerman wrongly murdered him. That's what made this case the powder keg it may turn out to be.

The amazing thing about Obama is when he puts his foot in his mouth he always manages to fit the other one right in there beside it.

Regardless of the verdict GZ's life and safety (as well as his family's) is over. If convicted, he will most likely be killed in prison. If acquitted, he will have to live in fear for himself and his family. There WILL be violence... you can bet the farm on it.

He will "most likely be killed in prison?" Holy geez, are you kidding? First of all, there is something called solitary confinement. Second, there are a whole lot of Nazis in prison and they'll love old Georgie if he is sentenced to a lengthy stay in their wonderful home.

Nobody's going to do anything. This country lashes out when the establishment gets away with murder, sometimes, but not in cases like this (which happen every day). When people were most against Zimmerman - before the case started - he stayed safe. He will "most likely" be able to do so forever. His life may not be like it used to be, but I won't shed any tears for a man who put himself into the situation he was in.

I believe that anyone who takes the time to threaten physical violence should be taken at their word until proven otherwise. Personally, I've never threatened anyone with physical violence nor would I ever contemplate doing so. Violence is not in my make-up. Sadly, violence is just below the surface of far to many people, particularly young people, in today's society.

At other times they seem overly enthusiastic about anyone threatening violence. Free Justin Carter Now | National Review Online

Wait, what? This ignorant race baiting must stop. This is based on a Tweet? I don't even use Twitter. How does a random internet posting from what could even be a white person sowing discord between races garner its own thread on this forum?

He will "most likely be killed in prison?" Holy geez, are you kidding? First of all, there is something called solitary confinement. Second, there are a whole lot of Nazis in prison and they'll love old Georgie if he is sentenced to a lengthy stay in their wonderful home.

Nobody's going to do anything. This country lashes out when the establishment gets away with murder, sometimes, but not in cases like this (which happen every day). When people were most against Zimmerman - before the case started - he stayed safe. He will "most likely" be able to do so forever. His life may not be like it used to be, but I won't shed any tears for a man who put himself into the situation he was in.

I hope you are right... but I doubt it.

Wait, what? This ignorant race baiting must stop. This is based on a Tweet? I don't even use Twitter. How does a random internet posting from what could even be a white person sowing discord between races garner its own thread on this forum?

On the other hand, there was a lot more than a single such tweet. It is possible that all these tweets were all submitted by racist whites playing agent provocateur, but highly unlikely. What is more, there is precedence in the black community for such behavior in the wake of racially charged trials.

Back
Top Bottom