• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trayvon Martin acted in self-defense

Thing that bugs me is that Zimmerman initiated the conflict. Zimmerman placed Martin in an extraordinarily stressful situation by following him at night, Martin tried to avoid conflict by running away, Zimmerman then chased him, freaking Martin out more, Martin responded aggressively after being pursued, and Zimmerman shot him. Had Martin not being shot, Zimmerman would be guilty of assault on the basis of, and I quote from wikipedia here: "Assault is an attempted battery or the act of intentionally placing a person in apprehension of a harmful or offensive contact with his or her person."

This ****s me about Zimmerman, someone died because he couldn't stay in his ****ing car and wait on the cops.

Martin initiated the confrontation by trespassing on someone else's property.

Yes, Martin did attack Zimmerman. He did what any reasonable person would do when being followed by someone who is armed.

Betcha never thought of it along those lines.

Well of course I have.

Thing is, I've been followed by suspicious characters before. I have not yet done a Trayvon on any of them (punched them, knocked them down, got on top and pounded their head against the pavement).

I HAVE evaded and avoided at times, and at other times I have picked my spot and turned to confront them and ask them why they are following me... and believe me, I was prepared to take action if they started ****.

But initiated an attack just for following alone? No. Why not? Well for one it isn't wise, for another it would probably be considered assault on my part absent more dramatic threat-behavior on the part of the follower.

Just as it was for Trayvon, which is why Zim was acquitted....

That is one person, the majority who say that are not bringing race into it. I have yet to see someone who thinks the ruling was 'unjust' not bring race into it.

I don't think the ruling was unjust. I think that the whole situation was a tragedy, a tragedy created by the stupidity of 2 people.

Right! Go with that logic...lol!

Well, granted that independent thought isn't your strongsuit....you're particularly one of the people I expected to not understand anything that goes against the narrative that the conservative media fed you.

yeah that's what i thought. martin had legitimately gained access earlier and then later took a shortcut through a pedestrian gateway, right? a shortcut that would've been commonly used by residents

Both were legally on the property. Neither were trespassing.

Well that's fine. If neither were trespassing, then they weren't trespassing. I know it wasn't you, but it's unfair to put that on Trayvon if neither were trespassing.

Well, granted that independent thought isn't your strongsuit....you're particularly one of the people I expected to not understand anything that goes against the narrative that the conservative media fed you.

Independent thought isn't my strong suit? More failed logic...lol!

If I'm not mistaken, so was Zimmerman.

The point being, had Martin not been trespassing, he wouldn't have looked suspicious and Zimmerman probably would have given him little notice.

Independent thought isn't my strong suit? More failed logic...lol!

I don't want this to become a warning, so this is all I'll say. Show some independent thought. Everything you say is right from the con talking points, no matter what the issue.

The point being, had Martin not been trespassing, he wouldn't have looked suspicious and Zimmerman probably would have given him little notice.

So Zimmerman, who didn't live there, knew that Martin was trespassing, which he may or may not have been?

Nobody hired Zimmerman as their private security guard. He also would have been trespassing.

So Zimmerman, who didn't live there, knew that Martin was trespassing, which he may or may not have been?

Nobody hired Zimmerman as their private security guard. He also would have been trespassing.

Martin didn't live there either.

I don't want this to become a warning, so this is all I'll say. Show some independent thought. Everything you say is right from the con talking points, no matter what the issue.

Annnnnnnnd who started this thread?

Zimmerman was being a good neighbor by looking out for his neighbor's property.

Like a Good Neighbor....... Zimmerman is There!!!!!

Martin didn't live there either.

His father's girlfriend did. Which at least gives him an excuse.

Zimmerman was just there playing cop which nobody asked him to do. Look, I think he shot Martin in self-defense, but let's not rush to canonize him.

His father's girlfriend did. Which at least gives him an excuse.

Zimmerman was just there playing cop which nobody asked him to do. Look, I think he shot Martin in self-defense, but let's not rush to canonize him.

I have no interest in making a hero out of him......

Even less.... I want him to drop out of the public limelight for good and have a normal life again....

Back
Top Bottom