• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trayvon Martin’s mom: Jurors didn’t see my son as human

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
From Raw Story:

Sybrina Fulton told CNN’s Anderson Cooper she was shocked when she heard the verdict.

“The reason I say that is because I just look at people as people, and I thought for sure that the jury looked at Trayvon as an average teenager that was minding his own business, that wasn’t committing any crime, that was coming home from the store and was feet away from where he was actually going,” she said. “But when I heard the verdict I kind of understand the disconnect, in that maybe they didn’t see Trayvon as their son, they didn’t see Trayvon as a teenager, they didn’t see Trayvon as just a human being that was minding his own business.”

"I thought the human side of them would say, 'Listen this was a kid, this guy made a mistake,'"Fulton said.

Trayvon Martin’s mom: Jurors didn’t see my son as human | The Raw Story

Did Sybrina Fulton speak to each of the jurors after the trial? Does anyone know? Because if she didn’t, I don’t know how she could possibly know what was in their hearts and minds…and it’s more than a little insulting and scary too that she would think so very little of those jurors.

I’m also curious to know whether Traynon Martin’s mother has ever acknowledged that perhaps her son made a mistake too.

From Raw Story:

Sybrina Fulton told CNN’s Anderson Cooper she was shocked when she heard the verdict.

“The reason I say that is because I just look at people as people, and I thought for sure that the jury looked at Trayvon as an average teenager that was minding his own business, that wasn’t committing any crime, that was coming home from the store and was feet away from where he was actually going,” she said. “But when I heard the verdict I kind of understand the disconnect, in that maybe they didn’t see Trayvon as their son, they didn’t see Trayvon as a teenager, they didn’t see Trayvon as just a human being that was minding his own business.”

"I thought the human side of them would say, 'Listen this was a kid, this guy made a mistake,'"Fulton said.

Did Sybrina Fulton speak to each of the jurors after the trial? Does anyone know? Because if she didn’t, I don’t know how she could possibly know what was in their hearts and minds…and it’s more than a little insulting and scary too that she would think so very little of those jurors.

I’m also curious to know whether Traynon Martin’s mother has ever acknowledged that perhaps her son made a mistake too.

:alert Mrs. Martin, your son did commit a crime, it is called assault. Hate to break the news to you, but he wasn't innocent or average.

Americans don't see her as a good mom.

good parents don't let their suspended kids walk around at night.

she should stop blaming the jury, and GZ, and blame herself for what happened.

non of the TM supporters accept the notion that TM did anything wrong. They seem to ignore the fatal seconds when the struggle began between GZ and TM.

I take the comment as a coming from a parent who cannot accept their kid might have esculated the situation.

From Raw Story:

I was going write something PC but screw it....

That woman is full of ****. Period

That's not fair. His mother is not to blame for what her son did.

Besides, at the time of his death and owing to free time to visit because he was suspended from school, Trayvon Martin was with his father at his father's fiancée's house and wasn't in his mother's custody.

Besides, at the time of his death and owing to free time to visit because he was suspended from school, Trayvon Martin was with his father at his father's fiancée's house and wasn't in his mother's custody.

nor is it really fair for her to think the jury did not see her son as human. Wonder if she would think the same if the verdict went the other way? I would bet the answer is no. IMO, she is making this case about race which it was not.

Good parents dont raise their children to be smartasses to adults.
Good parents dont raise their children to be violent.
Good parents raise children to be adults.
Good parents instill personal responsibility in their child.
Sorry that she lost her child, really am. But you reap what you sow.

nor is it really fair for her to think the jury did not see her son as human. Wonder if she would think the same if the verdict went the other way? I would bet the answer is no. IMO, she is making this case about race which it was not.

She is a mother who lost a child.

Good parents dont raise their children to be smartasses to adults.
Good parents dont raise their children to be violent.
Good parents raise children to be adults.
Good parents instill personal responsibility in their child.
Sorry that she lost her child, really am. But you reap what you sow.

Sometimes, good parents do all they can do, but it's still not enough.

She's a mother for Christ's sake cut her some slack.

I agree with this. I can't really argue with her. She's a grieving mother who lost her little boy. There are other people to argue about this with.

it is totally fair for us to find her son to be a reflection of how she raised him. her child was suspended several times. where was she? what was she doing?

sure. as soon as she stops blaming others for this event, I will cut her slack.

her son was using drugs. suspended from school multiple times. found with burglary equipment. refers to adults in racist terms. her son was turning into a major loser and rather then see him for that, she is blaming everyone else.

Timothy McVeigh, who blew up the Oklahoma City Building and killed 168 people, had his mother (and father) testify on the stand at his trial that he was not a monster and was as human all the jurors were. Now is Timothy McVeigh a monster? Absolutely, beyond any shadow of a doubt. However I'm not going to spite a mother for loving her child even after he does something as horrible as this, in fact all I can feel is sorrow of both of his parents for having to undergo this kind of event and the pain that loving their son has brought them. You'd like love to be a good thing, something that brings you joy, clearly here it does not.

CNN - Mother: McVeigh not a 'monster' - June 11, 1997

And if I don't feel the need to spit this mother's face then I'm certainly not going to do it for Martin's mother who's only fault is completely loving her son without question. That kind of love should be encouraged, for the Christian's among us its part of what Christ taught us, not to be vengeful and hate the loving for their love. But even if you aren't Christian any decent human being wouldn't be angry at a mother for loving her son this much. We should all feel sorry for this poor woman who now has to suffer for all this.

Timothy McVeigh, who blew up the Oklahoma City Building and killed 168 people, had his mother (and father) testify on the stand at his trial that he was not a monster and was as human all the jurors were. Now is Timothy McVeigh a monster? Absolutely, beyond any shadow of a doubt. However I'm not going to spite a mother for loving her child even after he does something as horrible as this, in fact all I can feel is sorrow of both of his parents for having to undergo this kind of event and the pain that loving their son has brought them. You'd like love to be a good thing, something that brings you joy, clearly here it does not.

And if I don't feel the need to spit this mother's face then I'm certainly not going to do it for Martin's mother who's only fault is completely loving her son without question. That kind of love should be encouraged, for the Christian's among us its part of what Christ taught us, not to be vengeful and hate the loving for their love. But even if you aren't Christian any decent human being wouldn't be angry at a mother for loving her son this much. We should all feel sorry for this poor woman who now has to suffer for all this.

I don't fault her for loving her son.

I fault her for ignoring reason and common sense and trying to push to victimize another mothers child because her loser of a child needed to be shot to prevent any more damage form being done.

Suspension = vacation?

I don't fault her for loving her son.

I fault her for ignoring reason and common sense and trying to push to victimize another mothers child because her loser of a child needed to be shot to prevent any more damage form being done.

George was not a victim... He was acting out his Walter Mitty cop fantasy.

it is totally fair for us to find her son to be a reflection of how she raised him. her child was suspended several times. where was she? what was she doing?

I can see that "Mama Tried" went right over your head.

You could probably also add Zimmerman's mother into the list who does not deserve any hatred. I imagine she has been through hell and it is not going away anytime soon.

But as they say, haters will hate.

it takes a special kind of asshole to look down on people that are involved in their community in such a manner

“But when I heard the verdict I kind of understand the disconnect, in that maybe they didn’t see Trayvon as their son, they didn’t see Trayvon as a teenager, they didn’t see Trayvon as just a human being that was minding his own business.”
Somebody call a whambulance for her.

Wrong!

Back
Top Bottom