• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trayvon hit first ---- Rachel Jeantel

I don't "care" what she says, really, because I don't find her credible in any way at all. I think it's just interesting that she never said that on the stand. I think the more interviews she does, the more she'll add into the story, I suppose. The girl is a hot mess.

I don't really think her testimony lacks credibility but it certainly is coming from a totally different perspective than most adults would have. She is VERY focused on her own thing...kind of self absorbed (as is perfectly normal for a kid that age). I have to kind of decipher everything she's saying.

My interpretation is that she's saying that Trayvon confronted Zimmerman because he was feeling disrespected and that he hit Zimmerman for the same reason. While that's understandable it's also direct testimony to the fact that he escalated the situation. I'll even go so far as to say that Zimmerman wasn't guiltless in that escalation but as things continued the case for Zimmerman's self defense just increased.

The physical evidence and witness evidence all point to Zimmerman taking a beating for an extended period of time and if he was in fear for his life then the shooting was justified. A lot of stuff could have been done differently to avoid getting to that point but they weren't and the result is what it is.

if your scared you don't turn around and double back to confront who your scared of do you
Indeed! Never, ever confront your fears.

like how you left off the rest of the quote that explain why its its plausible and likely he attacked because he thought Zimmerman was gay and the link to prove the the most homophobic race is black here i will do it for you
Umm, you haven't been able to make the connection between RJ saying something and TM thinking it yet.
And showing that something is "plausible" is not at all the same as showing that something is actual. Otherwise all the conspiracy theorists would be right.
If you can't see why the distinction between plausible and actual is important...

you have less evidence of Zimmerman being a racist...
LOLWUT? You're just pulling stuff out of your butt aren't you? Where the **** does that come from? Oh, dur. I just said where that came from--your butt.

Just take a moment and try to limit yourself to responding to what I am saying instead of what you would like to imagine I am saying [or w/e is going on.]

...then[sic] i have that Martin attacked Zimmerman for being gay and following him...
Afaict, the two amounts of evidence are both at zero. But, don't let my ill-informed opinion stop you from speaking your truth.

...but you believe the racist part don't you
No. Thanks for asking. But as I noted above, there's no need to get all involved with my actual opinions. Feel free to make up w/e you like.

When you get tired of that, you can read the words I write and respond to those. If you want. Your call.
:shrug:

Well you know what? It all depends. Seeing that it was night, with visibility low to none in some places, he probably ran for a bit than hid; when George caught up to where he was hiding, he probably thought he was going to have to confront George sooner or later. Remember, Trayvon tried to run from him but George finally caught up to him--and Trayvon didn't know this man's name from nothing; it's almost like George was trying his best to instigate trouble.

Who knows how this thing would have worked out if George would have just stated his name and he was a member of a Neighborhood Watch. And if this thing went down like Rachel believes it did than what about Trayvon's right to stand his ground if he is shoved?

Yeah, I mean if GZ had done as some GZ-haters done - to have run down TM, gotten in TM's face and demand TM answer his questions on identifying himself and his authority as neighborhood watch - it might have turned out differently. GZ's truck might have been vandalized, his apartment burglaries and GZ jumped coming out of his condo someday.

Per YOUR logic, you might be more credible if you posted your name and address on the forum. I think that is your logic of what GZ should have done to someone acting suspicious he thought was on drugs. The thing to do is to get in that person's face and say "my name is .... and I live right over there at xxxxxxxx address .... and I demand to know who you are and what you are doing!"

ENDLESSLY, ENDLESSLY, GZ-haters demand 2 diametric opposites - that GZ was legally required to stay in his truck AND that legally GZ was required to directly confront TM giving his name to TM plus declaring his (non-existent) authority as neighborhood watch.

And every time an anti-GZer makes those diametric opposite claims, that person proves they have exactly no intellectual integrity whatsoever.

TPD, I posted the video for everyone to see. I didn't omit anything.

Now tell us why you're so angry about this thread, but not about the people who edited, lied and omitted words of a man, demonized and dehumanized him - causing him to be subject to death threats to the point where he couldn't even walk outside without body armor on?
Come now, Josie. Nobody's angry. And yes, it's quite clear that you made the title of this thread and the OP in order to give an impression of Jeantel's words that is ultimately false. Not taking responsibility for that and again, lashing out at someone who questions your actions, is not the way to handle that error. Just take responsibility. It's easy.

I'm not upset. I'm just trying to figure out why you would purposely omit something to give a false impression. Why would you do that? Please stop deflecting Josie. This is your thread, you made the post.
To be fair, the conversation is not the most straight forward thing I have ever heard in my life. It took me a couple of listens before I sussed out what was being said.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was just as unclear to someone else.

Come now, Josie. Nobody's angry. And yes, it's quite clear that you made the title of this thread and the OP in order to give an impression of Jeantel's words that is ultimately false. Not taking responsibility for that and again, lashing out at someone who questions your actions, is not the way to handle that error. Just take responsibility. It's easy.

I apologize for not quoting every word she said in the video, but instead posted the video for everyone to listen to themselves. Do I need a spanking too?

I'm not even arguing the case. I'm just talking about what she said in this interview. Josie is giving a false impression of what she said. That is my issue.

Josie is giving HER impression of what was said. I don't see where she was trying to be misleading at all. If you disagree with her interpretation that's one thing but if you're suggesting what thoughts are in her head that's quite another. Ironically enough that's the same kind of thing that likely got Trayvon killed.

To be fair, the conversation is not the most straight forward thing I have ever heard in my life. It took me a couple of listens before I sussed out what was being said.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was just as unclear to someone else.
That's fair. It seems pretty clear to me, but I can see how it could be unclear given how Rachel answered the questions. With that in mind, I think a lack of clarity - at the least - should be acknowledged by the OP.

That's fair. It seems pretty clear to me, but I can see how it could be unclear given how Rachel answered the questions. With that in mind, I think a lack of clarity - at the least - should be acknowledged by the OP.

How much more clearer can you get than posting the entire, unedited video, TPD? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I apologize for not quoting every word she said in the video, but instead posted the video for everyone to listen to themselves.
Again, another poor way to react to making a mistake. Make a condescending "apology" that takes no real responsibility for the error.

Josie is giving HER impression of what was said. I don't see where she was trying to be misleading at all. If you disagree with her interpretation that's one thing but if you're suggesting what thoughts are in her head that's quite another. Ironically enough that's the same kind of thing that likely got Trayvon killed.
Your defense of Josie is noted.

How much more clearer can you get than posting the entire, unedited video, TPD?
This comment doesn't make sense as a response to post it's addressing.

Again, another poor way to react to making a mistake. Make a condescending "apology" that takes no real responsibility for the error.

Because there was no error, honey bunches. :)

travyon hit first

lest kill him one more time

Because there was no error
Add denial to the list of poor responses to making an error. Is this what libertarian personal responsibility looks like?

By her account, Trayvon went back with the specific intent to confront the "creepy ass cracka". Also...by her account "creepy ass cracka" meant Trayvon thought Zimmerman was a cop or security guard.

Josie, you made a mistake. You omitted part of Jeantel's comments and gave a false impression of her words. The best course of action in situations like this is to just admit what you've done and move on - not lash out at someone who questions your error. Come on.

she didn't misrepresent or mislead she quoted exactly what Jaba the Hutt said that she believes Trayvon hit first her attempts wasnt to mislead other wise she wouldnt have posted the vid and told you where to go to hear the statement

your just butt hurt because the martre that you trying to make Martin out to be is crumbling around you, its is slowly coming out that Martin was a homophobic racist thug that attacked Zimmerman because some ghetto Jaba the hut was teasing him for being followed by a gay man

she didn't misrepresent or mislead she quoted exactly what Jaba the Hutt said that she believes Trayvon hit first her attempts wasnt to mislead other wise she wouldny have posted the vid and told you where to go to her the statement
Your defense of Josie is noted.

your just butt hurt because the martre that you trying to make Martin out to be is crumbling around you, its is slowly coming out that Martin was a homophobic racist thug that attacked Zimmerman because some ghetto Jaba the hut was teasing him for being followed by a gay man
LOL

By her account, Trayvon went back with the specific intent to confront the "creepy ass cracka". Also...by her account "creepy ass cracka" meant Trayvon thought Zimmerman was a cop or security guard.

A gay rapist cop or security guard.

Back
Top Bottom