• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Travis the 'Attack Chimp' Owner Dies of Broken Heart

bhkad

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Travis the 'Attack Chimp' Owner Dies of Broken Heart

Sandra Herold, the Connecticut woman whose 200-pound pet chimp brutally attacked her friend, Charla Nash has died. Herold's attorney, Robert Golger, confirmed her death today (Tuesday) to the Associated Press saying Herold suffered a ruptured aortic aneurysm late Monday.

In a statement, Golger said while the aneurysm is what killed her, his client ultimately died of a broken heart.
"Ms. Herold had suffered a series of heartbreaking losses over the last several years, beginning with the death of her only child, then her husband, then her beloved chimp Travis, as well as the tragic maiming of friend and employee Charla Nash," Golger said in a statement. "In the end, her heart, which had been broken so many times before, could take no more."

As Examiner.com previously reported the state prosecutor opted not to press criminal charges against Herold for the chimp attack. Charla Nash's family, however, has filed a civil suit against her seeking $50 million dollars in damages. Attorney Golger says he expects the lawsuit to move forward despite Herold's death. Nash's family also wants to sue the state arguing the state could have done more to prevent the chimp attack.

Sandy Herold dies of aneurysm, chimp attack lawsuit against her moves forward

She certainly suffered great losses.

I find it extremely difficult to feel badly for Ms. Herold. People lose children and husbands all the time, but keeping a wild animal as a "pet" (as if) and allowing that animal to literally destroy another person's life...

Last edited:
I find it extremely difficult to feel badly for Ms. Herold. People lose children and husbands all the time, but keeping a wild animal as a "pet" (as if) and allowing that animal to literally destroy another person's life...

Yes because she allowed the chimp to maim her friend. It's obvious she could have stopped the attack but chose not too.
:roll:

I agree. I do think that she was mentally unbalanced, however. Her attachment to the chimp was sick. She slept with him, for Christ's sake! :doh

Aortic aneurysms are deadly and I doubt her death had anything to do with her emotional state. Even with medical intervention, the death rate is very high.

My mother died of a brain aneurysm. It was very sad, she was 62 and otherwise was in very good health. :(

Last edited:
thoracic_aortic_aneurysm.jpg

I agree. I do think that she was mentally unbalanced, however. Her attachment to the chimp was sick. She slept with him, for Christ's sake! :doh

Aortic aneurysms are deadly and I doubt her death had anything to do with her emotional state. Even with medical intervention, the death rate is very high.

My mother died of a brain aneurysm. It was very sad, she was 62 and otherwise was in very good health. :(

Oh, I am so sad to read this. :( I'm sorry. I am sure you miss her.

Oh, I am so sad to read this. :( I'm sorry. I am sure you miss her.

Thanks. It was many years ago. :( She was rather a health nut, took triple care of herself, which makes it all the more unfair.

Yes because she allowed the chimp to maim her friend.

No; because she kept a chimp in her home to begin with.

It's obvious she could have stopped the attack but chose not too.

She could have "stopped the attack" by not having a damned wild animal in her home in the first place, and acting as if it were a freakin' beagle.

No; because she kept a chimp in her home to begin with.

Ahh, I see. You're one of those.

My dad loves to tell a story of a friend of his in College, kept a 6 foot Alligator "Alli" under the sofa. The stories of the fun he, my Aunt and others would have with that Gator are just classics. And no, the Gator never hurt anyone.

She could have "stopped the attack" by not having a damned wild animal in her home in the first place, and acting as if it were a freakin' beagle.

Dogs cause more deaths and injuries then Chimps do year in, year out.

Dogs cause more deaths and injuries then Chimps do year in, year out.

That's because chimps don't live among humans quite like dogs do.

Don't forget, she also bathed with the chimp. Fa-Reak!

I saw a documentary about this chimp- and a number of other, similar chimp attacks- on Animal Planet recently.
It's tragic. i just don't understand the mentality of these people.

Even this guy knew there was a time to let go ...

_41193019_jackson_bubbles_203ap.jpg

Back
Top Bottom