• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trapped Drunk Driver cracks open a beer

somepeoplesay

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
From The Daily Telegraph

TRAPPED after flipping his car while drunk driving, a man opened another beer as he waited to be rescued.

Paul Nigel Sneddon, 47, pleaded guilty to careless driving and drunken driving in a district court in the North Island city of Palmerston North, the Dominion Post newspaper reported on Wednesday.

Sneddon failed to take a corner on June 1, crashed through a wooden barrier, and flipped his car onto its roof.

The newspaper quoted defence lawyer Peter Young as telling the court when Sneddon found he could not open the doors, ``he had nothing else to do at that point, so he had another beer''.

When police found him trapped in the vehicle his breath-alcohol level was 1,191 micrograms - nearly three times the legal limit of 400 micrograms.

Prosecutor police Sergeant Ollie Outtrim told the court Sneddon went on a drinking bender after losing his job at a bakery.

I'm against drunk driving and all, but my first thought when I read this was "hell yea!" :mrgreen:

Wasn't he concerned he'd have to urinate? :unsure13:

Hey, he was boned anyway. In for a penny, in for a pound...............

Back
Top Bottom