• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transsexual assaulted

Despite the fact that I am for anyone being any way they wish as long as it is not pushed on someone else, I'm going to anser these because I really doubt that dixie could.

If God's so powerful - the creator of the universe and the infinite beyond - why doesn't he just destroy Satan straight out? Why does he have to wait until some mythical, theoretical date in the future? What's he waiting for exactly?

As best as I can tell from my studies it's a free choice thing. A couple of religions hold that there are a finite number of souls (although a staggeringly high number for our little minds) and He has to wait till everyone has had a chance to "choose their way" so to speak. This is one of the harder questions to answer since by definition God's thinking is a little above ours.

Wasn't satan just a lowly angel at one point? What makes Lucifer so special that he can defy god and get away with it? Can any angel fall from heaven and create an alternate place (like hell) where people can go when they die?

Actually, Lucifer, AKA Morningstar, was one of the first and highest ranked angels, so lowly is not an accurate description. Secondly, while angles (who are NOT humans after they get to heaven. They are separate creatures altogether) do have abilities that humans do not, creation is not one of them, at least not in the sense you are ascribing. Now Lucifer can take an existing place and modify it. Some curtains here, a throw rug there, torture chamber off the back.... But that brings us to the third point. Hell is a recent creation based upon the fiery pit that Satan and the non-saved souls will be ultimately destroyed in at the end of the 1000 years that follows the Armageddon war. There is a holding place for that 1000 years, but the modren image of hell is derived from that final pit

Why did God - the original creator - give creating powers to Satan? (such as the powers to create gay people so they can have gay sex with each other)

Again Satan does not have creating powers, but you'd be amazed at what can be manipulated and put together in new ways. Is what Satan supposedly doing encouraging people to be gay? Maybe he is whispering in their minds from their birth to be attracted to their gender. Maybe he is forcing certain genes to develop into opposite of the body's gender (there are studies that show that male gays have brain structures more closely related to female brains than straight male brains and vice versa). BUt he doesn't just create gay people.

Now I will say that I find people who gay bash and worse try to make laws against homosexuality and then try to claim to be Christians to be highly hypocritical. Jesus didn't go around and try to have laws asserted against those he claimed were sinners. He didn't go around bashing people and harassing them. He hung out with them. He said what he had to say and then he buddied around. He even STOPPED people from causing harm to sinners (the prostitute; "Let he who is without sin..."). So any Christian who is frothing at the mouth about gays is not following Christ's example.

Despite the fact that I am for anyone being any way they wish as long as it is not pushed on someone else, I'm going to anser these because I really doubt that dixie could.

As best as I can tell from my studies it's a free choice thing. A couple of religions hold that there are a finite number of souls (although a staggeringly high number for our little minds) and He has to wait till everyone has had a chance to "choose their way" so to speak. This is one of the harder questions to answer since by definition God's thinking is a little above ours.

Actually, Lucifer, AKA Morningstar, was one of the first and highest ranked angels, so lowly is not an accurate description. Secondly, while angles (who are NOT humans after they get to heaven. They are separate creatures altogether) do have abilities that humans do not, creation is not one of them, at least not in the sense you are ascribing. Now Lucifer can take an existing place and modify it. Some curtains here, a throw rug there, torture chamber off the back.... But that brings us to the third point. Hell is a recent creation based upon the fiery pit that Satan and the non-saved souls will be ultimately destroyed in at the end of the 1000 years that follows the Armageddon war. There is a holding place for that 1000 years, but the modren image of hell is derived from that final pit

Again Satan does not have creating powers, but you'd be amazed at what can be manipulated and put together in new ways. Is what Satan supposedly doing encouraging people to be gay? Maybe he is whispering in their minds from their birth to be attracted to their gender. Maybe he is forcing certain genes to develop into opposite of the body's gender (there are studies that show that male gays have brain structures more closely related to female brains than straight male brains and vice versa). BUt he doesn't just create gay people.

Now I will say that I find people who gay bash and worse try to make laws against homosexuality and then try to claim to be Christians to be highly hypocritical. Jesus didn't go around and try to have laws asserted against those he claimed were sinners. He didn't go around bashing people and harassing them. He hung out with them. He said what he had to say and then he buddied around. He even STOPPED people from causing harm to sinners (the prostitute; "Let he who is without sin..."). So any Christian who is frothing at the mouth about gays is not following Christ's example.

Thanks for the interesting and thought provoking analysis and response to my questions.

I'm sorry if I came off anti-Christian, because I'm not, I just got a little fired up there from Dixie's comments; he/she is the type of religious person who drives others away from Christianity (in my opinion) and religion in general due to their radiation of hatred towards others who are different than themselves.

Anyways, it was nice to hear your point of view.

Last edited:
Thanks for the interesting and thought provoking analysis and response to my questions.

I'm sorry if I came off anti-Christian, because I'm not, I just got a little fired up there from Dixie's comments; he/she is the type of religious person who drives others away from Christianity (in my opinion) and religion in general due to their radiation of hatred towards others who are different than themselves.

Anyways, it was nice to hear your point of view.

You're most welcome. I understand exactly what you mean. It's people like that who drove me away from churches as a whole, but they can't drive me from my faith. I think there will be a great many Christians who will be surprised to find that they've been stumbling blocks of faith instead of leading people to any real faith. And yes, readers, that's a biblical reference.

You're most welcome. I understand exactly what you mean. It's people like that who drove me away from churches as a whole, but they can't drive me from my faith. I think there will be a great many Christians who will be surprised to find that they've been stumbling blocks of faith instead of leading people to any real faith. And yes, readers, that's a biblical reference.

Yes, I find people like Dixie very hypocritical - especially given that Jesus was quite the progressive guy, who loved, listened to, and would talk with just about everyone he encountered, rich or poor, male or female, ect.

I wonder what he would say about people 2,000 years later who condemn, bash, name-call, and hate "in his name".

Anyways, so back to the gay thing. Why do you believe this has become some a prime focus of the Christian political base? Again, wasn't mentioned in the Ten Commandments, wasn't mentioned by Jesus, why is gay such a big deal?

Last edited:
Anyways, so back to the gay thing. Why do you believe this has become some a prime focus of the Christian political base? Again, wasn't mentioned in the Ten Commandments, wasn't mentioned by Jesus, why is gay such a big deal?

It's bleed over of the church's need to control. Did you know that the Christian religion didn't even want their followers to marry until around the 13th century? Oh they allowed it, but it wasn't a church sanctioned thing. I believe it was Pope Innocent III that decreed that all marriages had to then happen in the church or they would be considered immoral and the offenders excommunicated. That is also when divorce became "illegal". It was all a control issue. Since they can't control the gays through the church itself nowadays, they are going to try to do it through law.

It's bleed over of the church's need to control. Did you know that the Christian religion didn't even want their followers to marry until around the 13th century? Oh they allowed it, but it wasn't a church sanctioned thing. I believe it was Pope Innocent III that decreed that all marriages had to then happen in the church or they would be considered immoral and the offenders excommunicated. That is also when divorce became "illegal". It was all a control issue. Since they can't control the gays through the church itself nowadays, they are going to try to do it through law.

Very interesting - did not know these things.

Hi, first time poster here. I truly believe God hates all non-straight humans. I take the Bible very seriously and it declares that any sex other than for procreation is wrong and should be punished by death. If America is going to get back on track morally and with God, we need to outright ban any gay/transexual behavior. Any offender caught should be made an example of and executed publicly. Now, I do not hate those that sin, as Jesus said we shouldn't. But, we have to uphold the commandments of God and if they repent before their death they can be forgiven by God and sent to Heaven.

why the hell would some deity make some creatures it would later hate

that seems rather silly

Back
Top Bottom