• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Transgenderism vs Christianity

your ignorance on the subject is showing...as has already been pointed out, Christ said the man should be the husband of one wife...no other allowances are mentioned in the Greek Scriptures for a Christian to follow...I choose to be a follower of Christ...

Did he say you should bash Transsexuals and call them mental cases?

The NT is pretty clear that the Moral Law is still in effect, and it reiterates it.

:roll:

Pick and choose. I knew it.

the study i posted was done in like 2004 so you are wrong you should have read the study.

You misinterpreted that study, as CC nicely pointed out to you in two or three carefully written and well-sourced posts. If you persist, then we will all know this misinterpretation was not an accident.

Did he say you should bash Transsexuals and call them mental cases?

I'm certainly not going to lie about what I think when the subject comes up and tell them what they're doing is ok...that in itself would be a sin...and no one is bashing anyone, that I've seen...we all have our demons to struggle with and overcome...

:roll:

Pick and choose. I knew it.
No, it's pretty clear. Moral law is reiterated. Tribal purity/ceremonial law is fulfilled and done away with. That's why we no longer have to sacrifice doves, but it's still wrong to murder.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

No, it's pretty clear. Moral law is reiterated. Tribal purity/ceremonial law is fulfilled and done away with. That's why we no longer have to sacrifice doves, but it's still wrong to murder.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

So, if we don't turn a cheek and forgive a sinner, we can expect what exactly?

I'm certainly not going to lie about what I think when the subject comes up and tell them what they're doing is ok...that in itself would be a sin...and no one is bashing anyone, that I've seen...we all have our demons to struggle with and overcome...]/b]

Agreed (in bold).

Now, I have to ask. Why is it a "sin" for transsexuals to overcome their demons with medical assistance, specifically hormone treatments and varying degrees of surgery?

Are you aware that a large number of people with GID do not even require full bottom surgery. They often find adequate relief with modifications done above the waist?

Not really - a Religious Faith is not inherently a delusion in that which is physically disproven. Believing that you are "really" something you physically are not, is.

The Regressive Left eats their own liberals for minor heresies they commit. Joe Rogan is not religious at all. And he's pretty liberal. He accepted transsexuals as being people, and people that should be free and safe to live as they wish if they are not harming others.

But liberals attacked him for committing heresy and not parroting every single liberal dogma about transsexuals. Thus, that began to turn him to some degree from the liberals zealot, crusader cry.

Similar has happened to the homosexual (married to another man) Dave Rubin who was always a liberal too.

*snort*...yeah, I get that...;)

Actually, you don't. You, like ludin, would prefer to allow your bias and ignorance on this topic guide you rather than science and facts. If you are OK with that, that's find. Just admit it.

I was interested in the information that John Hopkins reversed that policy, and indeed, when I looked it up, I found an article about it.

Johns Hopkins psychiatrist sees hospital come full circle on transgender issues - Baltimore Sun

This was an article in April of this year, and it mentions the decision to change course was made public of July of last year. I had not been aware of that change.

I believe that they just opened their transsexual services. I know my client, who lives near Baltimore, had to wait until they were all set up.

the study i posted was done in like 2004 so you are wrong you should have read the study.

And the study doesn't mean what you think it means.

:) If you will read through what I was responding to, you will discover that the point you make in the bolded is precisely mine - that this is a mental disorder. Our inability to cure a mental disorder does not make it "not a mental disorder". You will note that this argument was in response to Calamity's suggestion that the fact that we couldn't cure someone suffering from the belief that they were "really" the gender they were not somehow countered the point that it is, indeed, a mental disorder.

You indicate that transsexuality is a mental disorder, which it is not. The incongruence between one's anatomical sex and the "brain" sex often causes the GDD, the mental disorder.

See, this strikes me as similar to saying that a large percentage of people no longer present symptoms of Multiple Personality Disorder once we stop counting the symptoms by normalizing them.

"Bob and Jane, who inhabit the same body, are both healthy, and neither of them has DID".

You are ignoring the difference. Parts of the brain itself is structured as a different gender. There are structural differences in the brain with DID, but nothing that denotes a different person inhabiting the brain/body.

Then you haven't been paying attention here, or just haven't gotten in on the threads where it happens. I've seen this argument here a lot, not to mention out in the world.

Show some evidence and I'll believe you.

Agreed (in bold).

Now, I have to ask. Why is it a "sin" for transsexuals to overcome their demons with medical assistance, specifically hormone treatments and varying degrees of surgery?

Are you aware that a large number of people with GID do not even require full bottom surgery. They often find adequate relief with modifications done above the waist?

Because they are not overcoming but giving in...

I don't see any connection between transgenderism and religion

I don't see any connection between transgenderism and religion

I do. It's the god gave you this path for a reason argument. "Now suffer like he intended."

There are reasons why I shun religion. That would be one of them.

Because they are not overcoming but giving in...
Then all corrective surgeries for things that occur from birth (whether discovered then or not) is giving in and not overcoming.

I do. It's the god gave you this path for a reason argument. "Now suffer like he intended."

There are reasons why I shun religion. That would be one of them.

Not all religions, nor even all Christians (myself as an example) follow the asinine idea that God made you one way and you have to stay that way even if you suffer. I do follow the idea that either you are a certain way for a specific reason, OR it will be used in some way towards overall betterment, even if we never personally notice or realize it. Religion shouldn't be shunned because some abuse it. Find your own place within one that is right for you and follow that path your deity lays out for you. Even if you are the only one.

Not all religions, nor even all Christians (myself as an example) follow the asinine idea that God made you one way and you have to stay that way even if you suffer. I do follow the idea that either you are a certain way for a specific reason, OR it will be used in some way towards overall betterment, even if we never personally notice or realize it. Religion shouldn't be shunned because some abuse it. Find your own place within one that is right for you and follow that path your deity lays out for you. Even if you are the only one.

Oh, I have. I invented my own. It seems to work well...for me :)

So all deities exist?

Back
Top Bottom