• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transgender Rights?

DOJ ripped for making transgender restroom use new front in civil rights battle | Fox News

So let me get this straight, a teen boy who just wants to see girls can consider himself a girl and get to use the girls room? Come on now, this is ridiculous.

What's ridiculous is your dismissal of common sense. No one is going to allow a horny teen boy go into the girls room. Furthermore, this situation is not like that, this situation clearly states this child has always considered himself a boy and wishes to be granted the privileges of being a boy.

As to the larger issue, transgender rights are a very delicate situation. There is much (I'm assuming, I've never heard differently) which we simply do not know about what makes a person develop with a mind different than their body. I think the best solution would be unisex facilities, as well as gender specific facilities. But that is not easy nor always cheap, so until those times come, it's certainly a difficult situation for everyone.

No, that's not what can happen. What this does is protect trans people from being persecuted into using a facility that is not the place for them.

Not the place for them? If you have natural boy parts, you go to the boys room, natural girl parts, the girls room. Pretty straight forward...

Restrooms are simply not correctly marked now. Using "us and them" instead of gender would make this spearate but equal issue easier to deal with. ;)

Not the place for them? If you have natural boy parts, you go to the boys room, natural girl parts, the girls room. Pretty straight forward...
Ahh, so you're in favor of this boy who is attracted to girls (hypothetically) going to the girls bathroom with the girls?

Ahh, so you're in favor of this boy who is attracted to girls (hypothetically) going to the girls bathroom with the girls?

First, she is not a boy. Second, no different than a lesbian being in the girls room, in reality, that is what it is. A kid who wants to be a lesbian.

What's ridiculous is your dismissal of common sense. No one is going to allow a horny teen boy go into the girls room. Furthermore, this situation is not like that, this situation clearly states this child has always considered himself a boy and wishes to be granted the privileges of being a boy.

As to the larger issue, transgender rights are a very delicate situation. There is much (I'm assuming, I've never heard differently) which we simply do not know about what makes a person develop with a mind different than their body. I think the best solution would be unisex facilities, as well as gender specific facilities. But that is not easy nor always cheap, so until those times come, it's certainly a difficult situation for everyone.

:spin: :alert does not say always, says from a young, unnamed, age.

DOJ ripped for making transgender restroom use new front in civil rights battle | Fox News

So let me get this straight, a teen boy who just wants to see girls can consider himself a girl and get to use the girls room? Come on now, this is ridiculous.

Being transgender is very complicated. I don't pretend to undertand it at all. If this person has seen therapists and been diagnosed or however that works, then I don't have a big problem with it.

Can't we just let people make their own choices and be happy in their lives?

Being transgender is very complicated. I don't pretend to undertand it at all. If this person has seen therapists and been diagnosed or however that works, then I don't have a big problem with it.

Can't we just let people make their own choices and be happy in their lives?

You can't choose what parts your are born with. Doesn't work that way, sorry.

First, she is not a boy.
The child (I'm assuming just from the story) is a boy in every way but physical.

Second, no different than a lesbian being in the girls room, in reality
It is to the parents of the girls.

that is what it is. A kid who wants to be a lesbian.
No, transgender and homosexual are not the same thing. At all.
:spin: :alert does not say always, says from a young, unnamed, age.
The child is roughly 14 or 15 years old. A "young, unnamed, age" would for all intents and purposes be always.

First, she is not a boy. Second, no different than a lesbian being in the girls room, in reality, that is what it is. A kid who wants to be a lesbian.

Jeez, this isn't about boys or girls wanting to be lesbians or horny teenagers wanting a quick peek. Being born in the wrong body is a recognised medical condition. The brain anatomy and physical gender don't match up.

No, that's not what can happen. What this does is protect trans people from being persecuted into using a facility that is not the place for them.

Not being able to use the bathroom with the right word on the door is persecution? Give me a freaking break.....

The child (I'm assuming just from the story) is a boy in every way but physical.

It is to the parents of the girls.

No, transgender and homosexual are not the same thing. At all.
The child is roughly 14 or 15 years old. A "young, unnamed, age" would for all intents and purposes be always.

Physical is a pretty big part of it, just saying.......to the parents of the girls? I'm pretty sure the article mentioned nothing about them, what I would imagine is the parents of real boys now have a problem that a girl is using their restroom.

I don't get the claim that people will use their transgender status to attack people in bathrooms. What prevents a man from dressing up as a woman and going into the female bathroom now?

You can't choose what parts your are born with. Doesn't work that way, sorry.

But you can choose what parts you end up with. When I was a baby, my parents didn't ask me if I wanted to be Catholic, but I was free to make a different choice later in life.

If we all stayed the same as when we were born, it sure would smell bad around here.

I don't get the claim that people will use their transgender status to attack people in bathrooms. What prevents a man from dressing up as a woman and going into the female bathroom now?

And gays, don't forget about them.

True story:

I went into the restroom at my college a couple of years ago and there was a woman sitting in front of the mirror refreshing her make-up. I immediately said "I'm so sorry, I thought this was the men's room" and bee-lined it th e**** out of there, embarrassed. I looked back at the door and noted that it was, indeed, the Men's room. I then went back in and the woman apologized to me and said "I'm not allowed to use the ladies room. I tried to stop you but you were out of here so fast I didn't get a chance."

Trust me, that was a much more uncomfortable situation than having a transgender man in there with me would have been.

And, of course, if we weren't such a sexually repressed and backwards culture, the idea of going to the bathroom near other people wouldn't be a big deal at all. The hostility towards transgenders is one of the many symptoms of that repression.

And, of course, if we weren't such a sexually repressed and backwards culture, the idea of going to the bathroom near other people wouldn't be a big deal at all. The hostility towards transgenders is one of the many symptoms of that repression.

I'm very particular about who gets to drop deuce in my presence.

Yes,you can. What you can't change is your genetic makeup. But you can absolutely change the nose, breasts, ears etc.. and yes, your external sexual organs as well. Welcome to the 21st century. :D

Yes, you can cut your breasts off or make them bigger, you can get yourself a nose job, and you can have a surgery to give the appearance you have a vagina.

I wouldn't call that choosing what parts you end up with. :lol:

I'm very particular about who gets to drop deuce in my presence.

Heh, went to a bar in Ulm, had the two bathroom doors with the universal symbols for man and woman. They both opened to the same ally. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom