• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transgender minors have a right to gender-affirming care, Justice Dept. warns states

A person who believes they are the opposite sex, is by definition delusional.

If they believe they are the opposite sex that their DNA says they are, they are by definition delusional and exhibit those symptoms.

Not schizophrenia, not. But delusion.

I am not behind anything. Biology does not care that you are offended by reality.

And that's sad for those delusional people. But just like very other delusional person, pandering to their delusions does not do them any good. We don't treat people who think they are demi gods, as demi gods lol.
Repeating these debunked claims that are not based on facts suggests that you are delusional. There is no point in having a discussion with someone who is not rational. There are no medical organizations or treatment protocols that claim that trans people are to be treated with anti-psychotics as a way to alleviate gender dysphoria.

As a taxpayer who spends thousands a year on school taxes (4-figures right off the top) of my property taxes I've been paying most of my life, why is it only the actual parents have control of what their children are taught in public schools? All the children I've paid for will someday be legislators, public servants, teachers, doctors, and basically everyone who lives in our society, who will have the power and responsibility to run this county in the future.

I for one want these children to have well-rounded instruction in school, and not be burdened by being forced to deny who or what they are because some non-vested self-righteous transphobic parent says these kids should not be themselves, and to live a life stuck with a body and social standing incongruent with who they really are.

How is it better for a child to live in isolation and self denial, be subject to ridicule and rejection, and basically be alienated from their own lives, to sedate some parental groomers who thinks every child is theirs to own, and withhold crucial information and appropriate care from?

Anyone with kids who disagrees, please send me the part of my annual taxes to school your children, and I'll shut up.

Repeating these debunked claims that are not based on facts suggests that you are delusional.
I;ve not repeated anything that has been debunked. You and your "movement" are trying to redefine the meaning of words, and that of reality.
There is no point in having a discussion with someone who is not rational. There are no medical organizations or treatment protocols that claim that trans people are to be treated with anti-psychotics as a way to alleviate gender dysphoria.
I'm well aware that the politics involved have forced medical professionals to pander to the delusional.

I;ve not repeated anything that has been debunked. You and your "movement" are trying to redefine the meaning of words, and that of reality.

I'm well aware that the politics involved have forced medical professionals to pander to the delusional.
The idea that trans people are delusional is not supported by medical science, so your core idea is debunked. You are the epitome of the Dunning-Kruger effect because you are too informed and driven by your beliefs on this situation to know to defer to the medical experts. Your simplistic understanding of human sexuality and external biological is not the whole picture but you will never admit that fact.

The idea that trans people are delusional is not supported by medical science, so your core idea is debunked.
It is supported by both medical science and by definition. If someone thinks they are something they are provably not, that is by definition and diagnosis, delusional.
You are the epitome of the Dunning-Kruger effect because you are too informed and driven by your beliefs on this situation to know to defer to the medical experts.
At no point have I expressed a belief.
Your simplistic understanding of human sexuality and external biological is not the whole picture but you will never admit that fact.
This has nothing to do with sexuality. It has to do with biology, and reality. Your DNA determines your sex, not your feelings. If you think you are something your DNA clearly shows you are not, you are by definition and diagnosis, delusional. It's no different than thinking you are a demi god, a dolphin, or a klingon.

Trans people are not delusional. They do not exhibit the symptom of delusion. The fact that they have a gender identity that is different from their biological gender is not a symptom of delusion or schizophrenia. You are 50+ years behind medical science because you either reject or do not understand the work of John Money who proved that gender identity exists and cannot be changed. There is no evidence that a person's gender identity can be changed by medication or therapy.
It's the same tired old bigot confronts something new mentality with that one. The world has moved on.

This has nothing to do with sexuality. It has to do with biology, and reality. Your DNA determines your sex, not your feelings. If you think you are something your DNA clearly shows you are not, you are by definition and diagnosis, delusional.
Transgender people identify with the opposite gender, hence the term 'trans-gender' replacing the incorrect/outdated 'transsexual.' You've been so desperate to repeat your bigoted claim (explicitly refuted by the very DSM5 you pretend to have quoted) that transgender people are 'delusional' that we've sat here watching you in post after post after post parade the most profound ignorance imaginable about the subject and the very English language itself!

It's no different than thinking you are a demi god, a dolphin, or a klingon.
Now you're going to show us the sociological research demonstrating that demi-gods, dolphins and klingons are biologically-derived social constructs like gender, and the scientific literature explaining the genetic, epigenetic, hormonal and environmental factors which cause folk to have brains and psyches aligned with these near-universal identities... in some cases contrary to the most common sex/gender correlations.

No, no wait, I was daydreaming. You're just going to keep spouting ignorant nonsense in the hopes that someone will believe you, aren't you?

Finally.

The 14th Amendment is very clear that states cannot abridge the rights of any of its citizens. Trans youth deserve access to compassionate, evidence-based medical care, including hormone therapy as they need it. Transphobes can scream all they want to to the contrary, but they do not have the right to deny trans youth this care. :)
Eh....I question this...
Kids in their 20's are too immature to understand the basics of student loans, but 16 year old's are mature enough to consent to puberty blocking drugs and irreversible surgery?

Eh....I question this...
Kids in their 20's are too immature to understand the basics of student loans, but 16 year old's are mature enough to consent to puberty blocking drugs and irreversible surgery?
The patients aren't making the treatment decisions. The decisions are made by the Drs and psychologists and the patients are given the choices from what the Drs determine. This is made by years and not just a few weeks. Until you understand gender identity and gender dysphoria, none of this makes any sense.

Transgender people identify with the opposite gender, hence the term 'trans-gender' replacing the incorrect/outdated 'transsexual.' You've been so desperate to repeat your bigoted claim (explicitly refuted by the very DSM5 you pretend to have quoted) that transgender people are 'delusional' that we've sat here watching you in post after post after post parade the most profound ignorance imaginable about the subject and the very English language itself!
Nothing I've stated has been bigoted. Biology isn't bigotry. And the DSM explicitly supports my position, as you've been shown repeatedly.
Now you're going to show us the sociological research demonstrating that demi-gods, dolphins and klingons are biologically-derived social constructs like gender, and the scientific literature explaining the genetic, epigenetic, hormonal and environmental factors which cause folk to have brains and psyches aligned with these near-universal identities... in some cases contrary to the most common sex/gender correlations.
Sex is biological. Gender is a psychological construct. A male who believes he is female is no less delusional than a human who believes they are a dolphin.
No, no wait, I was daydreaming. You're just going to keep spouting ignorant nonsense in the hopes that someone will believe you, aren't you?
I will continue to crush your ideological position with biology, and medical science. I'm sorry this hurts your feelings, but reality does not care.

Nothing I've stated has been bigoted. Biology isn't bigotry. And the DSM explicitly supports my position, as you've been shown repeatedly.

Sex is biological. Gender is a psychological construct. A male who believes he is female is no less delusional than a human who believes they are a dolphin.

I will continue to crush your ideological position with biology, and medical science. I'm sorry this hurts your feelings, but reality does not care.
The DSM does not say that trans people are delusional. You should read 302.5 again. Even before John Money experimented with David Reimer trans people were not claimed/suspected of being delusional.

Nowhere in the standards of care is a diagnosis for delusions supported for gender identity/dysphoria.

Where is it the psychiatrists recommend that trans people are treated for delusions? I must have missed that paragraph.

The DSM does not say that trans people are delusional.
If someone believes they are something they are provably not, they are by definition and diagnosis, delusional.
You should read 302.5 again. Even before John Money experimented with David Reimer trans people were not claimed/suspected of being delusional.
If a person believes they are something they are provably not, they are by definition and diagnosis, delusional.
Nowhere in the standards of care is a diagnosis for delusions supported for gender identity/dysphoria.
Does the hypothetical male person believe they are female, or vice versa? If the answer is yes, they are by definition and diagnosis, delusional.
Where is it the psychiatrists recommend that trans people are treated for delusions? I must have missed that paragraph.
You seem confused. What they recommend has no relevance to the fact they are by definition and diagnosis, delusional, if they believe they are something they are provably not.

Youth today are starving for real fulfillment, and unfortunately modern society isn't cutting it. Being trans is to hate yourself as you were born. This goes along with other human-hating concepts like abortions and global warming.

It's ok to be as you were born. You deserve to be here, the universe created you.
What if a boy thinks he was "born" a girl. That is what a trans is. Isn't it his belief that counts and not yours?

If someone believes they are something they are provably not, they are by definition and diagnosis, delusional.

If a person believes they are something they are provably not, they are by definition and diagnosis, delusional.

Does the hypothetical male person believe they are female, or vice versa? If the answer is yes, they are by definition and diagnosis, delusional.

You seem confused. What they recommend has no relevance to the fact they are by definition and diagnosis, delusional, if they believe they are something they are provably not.
You probably believe gays had a choice too. It is not a choice to be gay or trans. If that is too complex for you to understand just butt out. It is above your pay grade.

This lie is not supported by facts, repeating it over and over says that you cannot discuss the idea rationally or refuse to learn.

Trans people are not delusional. Believing that they are delusional might make you l delusional because this idea is not supported by reality.

You probably believe gays had a choice too.
No. I'm simply pointing out that believing you are something you are provably not, is by definition delusional.
It is not a choice to be gay or trans.
Strawman.
If that is too complex for you to understand just butt out. It is above your pay grade.
I have no obligation to address, butt out of, or acknowledge arguments you make up and attribute to me.

This lie is not supported by facts, repeating it over and over says that you cannot discuss the idea rationally or refuse to learn.
Of course it's supported by facts lol. By definition and diagnosis, if you believe you are something you are provably not, you are delusional. That might hurt your feelings, but it doesn't make reality go away.
Trans people are not delusional.
If they believe they are something they are provably not, they are by definition and diagnosis, delusional. It's just reality.
Believing that they are delusional might make you l delusional because this idea is not supported by reality.
It's not a matter of belief. It's a matter of definition and diagnosis. If you believe you are something you are provably not, you are by definition and diagnosis delusional.

Of course it's supported by facts lol. By definition and diagnosis, if you believe you are something you are provably not, you are delusional. That might hurt your feelings, but it doesn't make reality go away.

If they believe they are something they are provably not, they are by definition and diagnosis, delusional. It's just reality.

It's not a matter of belief. It's a matter of definition and diagnosis. If you believe you are something you are provably not, you are by definition and diagnosis delusional.
You are emotionally and intellectually unable to change your stance and adapt to current medical science when presented with the facts. Medical science doesn't give a furry Fig Newton what you believe because it isn't based on fact. Repeating a lie does not make it true. That is the logical fallacy of trans people being delusional is known as fallacy ad nauseam.

An argumentum ad nauseam (also known as an argument by repetition) is the logical fallacy that something becomes true if it is repeated often enough. It is a subset of argument by assertion and is an informal fallacy. An ad nauseam argument that can be easily shown to be false leads to the "point refuted a thousand times".

Due to the modern 24 hour cable news cycle and the fact that every idiot now has a blog, argumentum ad nauseam has become particularly prevalent. In politics it is usually used in the form of a talking point, which is then reduced to a three second sound bite and is repeated at every available opportunity. On the blogosphere it takes the form of a meme, where every like-minded blogger repeats a statement used by a fellow blogger. Twitter, where every message has to be less than 280 (and until recently just 140) characters, has only made this latter form of viral propaganda worse.

Repeating an opinion again and again seems to convince people that it is true, in large part because it simulates the effect of an appeal to the people (argumentum ad populum). Moreover, by assuming what needs proof, it is circular, and therefore amounts to begging the question (petitio principii). However, that does not apply to arguments such as "Hydrogen and oxygen molecules combine in a 2:1 ratio to create water; therefore, if you combine hydrogen and oxygen in proper proportion, water will result." Like redundancy, repetition is not inherently evil, nor does it constitute a logical fallacy (flawed reasoning) all by itself. If it were, every parent would be guilty of it, as would every teacher, every drill sergeant, and every conductor or director. It is also important to distinguish between opinions and arguments. By definition, an argument is a set of premises in support of a conclusion, whereas an opinion is merely a thought or a belief, whether it has or lacks any evidence to justify or support it. Accusing someone of committing a fallacy is not the same as proving it. Indeed, some of the examples cited here fall far short of the mark. Beware of bearing false witness, and of using the weapons of logic indiscriminately, lest they backfire on those who wield them. Beware of name-calling ("any idiot with a blog"), which is itself an ad hominem. And beware of thyself. Let one whose reasoning is flawless invent the first dismissive label. Or as the French say, honi soit qui mal y pense.

Transgender people have never been diagnosed as delusional. The therapy for a delusion does not change a person's gender identity. The fact that gender identity cannot be changed by any treatment seems to be lost on you.

You are emotionally and intellectually unable to change your stance
It's not MY stance. It's the literal definition of the word delusional lol. I get that this hurts your feelings, but reality does not care. If you think you are something you are provably not, you are by definition and diagnosis, delusional.

Repeating these debunked claims that are not based on facts suggests that you are delusional. There is no point in having a discussion with someone who is not rational. There are no medical organizations or treatment protocols that claim that trans people are to be treated with anti-psychotics as a way to alleviate gender dysphoria.
I would not suggest giving these confused people medications to cope with their confusion. I advocate ignoring them, and/or telling them NO when they are demanding to be treated with special rights or considerations.

Near where I used to work there was a man who I would see almost daily screaming at trees, bushes, light poles, and cars while wearing a ballerina tutu. Yes, he was a real person, but how he felt, or what he believed, or what his screaming demands were of the trees he was upset with didn't phase me, I didn't care. He was clearly abnormal, and clearly nuts. But that doesn't mean I or anyone else needed to accept him as normal when he wasn't. It is the same with these tranvestuals. They exist, but they aren't mentally sound. Okay to feel sorry for them. Not okay to encourage them however.

Not typically the case for transgender people, obviously.

Not the case for transgender people, obviously.

No. I'm simply pointing out that believing you are something you are provably not, is by definition delusional.

Of course it's supported by facts lol. By definition and diagnosis, if you believe you are something you are provably not, you are delusional.

If they believe they are something they are provably not, they are by definition and diagnosis, delusional.

It's not MY stance. It's the literal definition of the word delusional lol. I get that this hurts your feelings, but reality does not care. If you think you are something you are provably not, you are by definition and diagnosis, delusional.
I think we've got ample evidence that you are delusional, for sure, perpetually thinking you are correct when you are provably and obviously not. It's almost as much fun as 'debating' flat-earthers or religious fundamentalists :LOL:

Yes, the case for trans fender people, obviously.
I think we've got ample evidence that you are delusional, for sure, perpetually thinking you are correct when you are provably and obviously not.
Except of course that I am quite demonstrably correct. I know this hurts your feelings, and I"m sorry that it does, but reality does not care. If you think you are something you are provably not, you are by DEFINITION and DIAGNOSIS, delusional.
It's almost as much fun as 'debating' flat-earthers or religious fundamentalists :LOL:
how? flat earthers are as provably incorrect as a person who is male thinking they are female.

I agree the conversation gets messy, but at the end of the day one side is arguing that legal minors who in other circumstances are deemed not mature enough to drive a car, open a bank account, or vote are, with "adult" supervision, of sufficiently sound mind to agree to have their reproductive organs literally carved from their bodies.

Sorry, that's insanity.
1651783295990.png

That’s just it. The child‘a body itself is being violated at a age where it is impossible for them to give full legal consent. Others literally make that decision for them.
Do you think the decision of which puberty to go through should be 'made for them' by their doctors and parents in line with their wishes, or by politicians in government against their wishes and their doctors' advice?

Back
Top Bottom