• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transgender minors have a right to gender-affirming care, Justice Dept. warns states

No, we are talking about surgery, too. It's clear you only gave a superficial read to your own cite. Follow the links to some of those bills. The topic includes surgery.

Post #25 addresses your latest transphobic point. (y)

That said, I oppose underage hormone treatments for Gender Dysphoria, too. They are less of a health risk than the surgery, but still potentially dangerous.

I am not surprised that you think this way.

You didn't read them. You replied too quickly to have done so.
Proving my point there's no point in talking to you about this. Bubye

:LOL:

I clicked on both sources. Nothing but two opinion pieces. You're trying to generalize all gender confirmation surgery down to two cases.

Meanwhile, you refuse to read an actual study. 😁

Proven.

“Evidence from the 10 available prospective follow-up studies from childhood to adolescence (reviewed in the study by Ristori and Steensma) indicates that for ~80% of children who meet the criteria for GDC, the GD recedes with puberty.”

If you would only read what the rest of that paragraph said:

Instead, many of these adolescents will identify as non-heterosexual.17,29 Steensma et al26 interviewed adolescents with different outcomes of GDC (persistence or desistance). The adolescents mentioned social environment, the anticipated results of bodily changes and first romantic and/or sexual experiences as central factors in the desistance or persistence of GD.

Which means that some of them are LGB's or Q's, not T's. This is why youth need the compassionate space to explore who they are and--I have been very consistent about this--not be referred to gender confirmation surgery until it is time. What "time" is, neither one of us have the expertise to say.

Which means that some of them are LGB's or Q's, not T's. This is why youth need the compassionate space to explore who they are and--I have been very consistent about this--not be referred to gender confirmation surgery until it is time. What "time" is, neither one of us have the expertise to say.
It’s irrelevant. The La, Gs, and Bs aren’t demanding hormone pills or permanent surgeries or that the rest of society serve as active participants in delusions driven by mental illness. What the experts say is that the vast majority of alleged Ts no longer identify as such after puberty. The science tells us what the time isn’t - before puberty - because their mental illness is resolved naturally by puberty in the vast majority of cases.

Then provide them that compassionate space. Just mo drugs or surgeries until 18

More transphobic nonsense. Trans youth have the right to gender-affirming care. Why do you want to keep it from them?

Because they don't have very good decision making skills at an early age.

It’s irrelevant. The La, Gs, and Bs aren’t demanding hormone pills or permanent surgeries or that the rest of society serve as active participants in delusions driven by mental illness.

What a load of horseshit.

You can't prove that LGBs aren't inherently transphobic. You can't prove that gender dysphoria is a mental illness. You keep pushing your gender-binary dogma and demanding that everyone accept it.

What the experts say is that the vast majority of alleged Ts no longer identify as such after puberty. The science tells us what the time isn’t - before puberty.

Except I just showed you that the reality is much more complicated. If trans youth are allowed to explore who they really are and not who the transphobes demand that they be, there is a very good chance they will find out who they are. Why do you think people who do go through with gender confirmation surgery have at most a 1% regret rate?

I don't think this would/should apply in this case. Elective body alterations, hormones, isn't a medical preventative or a life threatening condition that this is needed.
It is life threatening. Gender affirming surgeries are the most effective way of reducing suicide rates.
1649700520354.png

What a load of horseshit.

You can't prove that LGBs aren't inherently transphobic. You can't prove that gender dysphoria is a mental illness. You keep pushing your gender-binary dogma and demanding that everyone accept it.
Of course I can prove that it’s a mental illness. It’s still in the DSM-5.
Except I just showed you that the reality is much more complicated. If trans youth are allowed to explore who they really are and not who the transphobes demand that they be, there is a very good chance they will find out who they are. Why do you think people who do go through with gender confirmation surgery have at most a 1% regret rate?
It isn’t complicated at all. The science shows that their mental illness will resolve naturally with puberty in ~80% of cases. It’s as simple as that. Your attempt to lump all of us together into an alphabet soup doesn’t change that basic scientific fact.

Finally.

The 14th Amendment is very clear that states cannot abridge the rights of any of its citizens. Trans youth deserve access to compassionate, evidence-based medical care, including hormone therapy as they need it. Transphobes can scream all they want to to the contrary, but they do not have the right to deny trans youth this care. :)
Hey, just keep that shit out of tax payer pockets and I really won't give a flying **** what they do with their healthcare.

Of course I can prove that it’s a mental illness. It’s still in the DSM-5.

I figured you'd do that. :LOL:

It isn’t complicated at all. The science shows that their mental illness will resolve naturally with puberty in ~80% of cases. It’s as simple as that. Your attempt to lump all of us together

"Us"? Who is us?

into an alphabet soup doesn’t change that basic scientific fact.

At most 1% of trans people who undergo gender confirmation surgery will experience regret. Explain how 80% went all the way down to 1%. :)

What "care" exactly?

Hormones? Surgery?

At what age? Sixteen? Ten? Five??

Holey Hannah, I've raised three kids and the idea of letting them decide to get permanent, life-changing "treatment" as a minor is not such a hot idea, imho. Considering the degree to which post-surgical trans report continued dissatisfaction and depression, or regret... letting minors with their scientifically-proven-undeveloped brains make this choice, against parental judgement, strikes me as a very bad idea.

Yes, besides the obvious.....it's a little creepy and weird. Yet these leftist will split a family apart if the parents object.....sad day in America.

I figured you'd do that. :LOL:

"Us"? Who is us?

At most 1% of trans people who undergo gender confirmation surgery will experience regret. Explain how 80% went all the way down to 1%. :)
Per the science, puberty resolves ~80% of cases. Their mental illness is resolved so they’re not pursuing mutilation. For the remaining 20% - the vast majority of people who still have that mental illness don’t pursue surgery so they have nothing to regret.

Per the science, puberty resolves ~80% of cases.

Already addressed earlier. Compassionate care will help guide trans youngsters into figuring out what letter or letters they are. Righties want to block this, calling it "grooming." (n)

Their mental illness

Gender dysphoria is not a mental illness no matter how many times you claim it is. :)

is resolved so they’re not pursuing mutilation. For the remaining 20% - the vast majority of people who still have that mental illness don’t pursue surgery so they have nothing to regret.

You didn't answer my question as to who "us" in Post #64 is.

Already addressed earlier. Compassionate care will help guide trans youngsters into figuring out what letter or letters they are. Righties want to block this, calling it "grooming." (n)
No, people on all sides oppose measures that will hinder the natural resolution the science says will happen in the vast majority of cases.
Gender dysphoria is not a mental illness no matter how many times you claim it is. :)
It’s not what I claim. It is a mental illness according to science per the DSM-5.
You didn't answer my question as to who "us" in Post #64 is.
The rest of your alphabet soup.

Finally.

The 14th Amendment is very clear that states cannot abridge the rights of any of its citizens. Trans youth deserve access to compassionate, evidence-based medical care, including hormone therapy as they need it. Transphobes can scream all they want to to the contrary, but they do not have the right to deny trans youth this care. :)

Amen amen

for me this is, AGAIN, such an issue issue
I'm good with siding with RIGHTS and FREEDOMS paired with medical science and or parents to an extent over pure hatred, ignorant bigotry and or stupidity . .
it sure is funny watching rights, freedoms and medical science trigger the nutters though! LMAO

No, people on all sides oppose measures that will hinder the natural resolution the science says will happen in the vast majority of cases.

"The science." :LOL: Rest of your argument here is one big argumentum ad populum.

It’s not what I claim. It is a mental illness according to science per the DSM-5.

Show me the exact quote in the DSM-5 where it specifically says "Gender dysphoria is a disorder." I want an exact quote, not just the copy-pasted definition.

The rest of your alphabet soup.

If you're coming out, then you know exactly what it's like to be misunderstood by society just because of who you are. Why are you treating trans people the same way?

Back
Top Bottom