• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transgender bathroom choice

And people wonder why more and more parents are sending their kids to private schools or homeschooling them.

California is usually the leader of foolish policy and laws, doesn't surprise me.

When I went to Amsterdam, they solved the problem by letting all genders use one bathroom.

Honestly, there's nothing erotic about taking a ****. It's not like someone is going to go TG just to get into a different bathroom to smell girl farts. Presumably the M2F TGs will sit down to pee.

CA has always been ahead of its time. Sometimes, we look and think how ridiculous they are. They were the first state to ban smoking and now even my silly state has caught up with them. They were the first state to mandate catalytic converters. Freeways and television, lasers and the Internet, fast food, fortune cookies, Popsicles and more all made their debut in CA.

Now we are entering the era of the Third Gender. Todays shocker will be tomorrow's normal. The nation will endure.

We are adults and probably have gone and seen other people go pretty much anyway possible. The big deal is that I know that a lot of girls have body image issues already. So much so that I recall some girls refusing to dress out for gym in school because they did not want to even be changing clothes around other girls. It is not hard to fathom that same girls would totally spaz if they had to use the bathroom with boys regardless of what those boys have going on in their heads. Add into that that schools in CA can now load up girls sports teams with a few ringers and the whole competition thing falls apart. The most appropriate action would have been to have a few gender neutral bathrooms and have other traditional bathrooms so that girls (and boys) with issues of their own would not have to be further traumatized because Bill likes to wear bras and makeup.

I, myself, would not want to use a bathroom that other men have used - or are using. Ew. (RE Amsterdam). I like my gender-division and distance. What's so wrong with male and female? why do we all have to come together and sing kumbaya?

In an effort to be pc for a few people - everyone else is supposed to throw out their comfort zones? If it's a big issue - create a 3rd bathroom as some places already do, now - called 'the family bathroom' which is multi-gendered. Problems solved. :roll:

When I went to Amsterdam, they solved the problem by letting all genders use one bathroom.

Honestly, there's nothing erotic about taking a ****. It's not like someone is going to go TG just to get into a different bathroom to smell girl farts. Presumably the M2F TGs will sit down to pee.

CA has always been ahead of its time. Sometimes, we look and think how ridiculous they are. They were the first state to ban smoking and now even my silly state has caught up with them. They were the first state to mandate catalytic converters. Freeways and television, lasers and the Internet, fast food, fortune cookies, Popsicles and more all made their debut in CA.

Now we are entering the era of the Third Gender. Todays shocker will be tomorrow's normal. The nation will endure.

lol @ the "third gender"

We have penises, we have vaginas, what are the third ones going to be called? Who gets the naming rights?

lol @ the "third gender"

We have penises, we have vaginas, what are the third ones going to be called? Who gets the naming rights?

Peginases? Vagines? I always liked the insies and outsies as terms when I was a kid. Maybe we can look to the Chinese and Yin and Yang. Maybe Pin Vang? Or Vin Pang? Ying Yang's already taken. To me the symbol for Yin and Yang always looked like two people doing 69.

I'm fine with a third bathroom.

What I'm concerned with, and what I feel is the greatest problem with all this, is how do we define where the buttons on the fly go? On the left or the right? Why do guys pants button backwards from girls?

If the kid is transitioning physically, or has completed physical transitioning, I have no issue with this law. If they have not, it's not appropriate.

Its about privacy, the fact that male and female are, indeed different, and bathrooms reflect that. This blending of genders in the minds of the young is going too far, confusing kids and, apparently, adults. I, for one, am glad to be male and am certainly glad females are different. It they become more and more like me, I am not going to be nearly as attracted. Who knows where that will lead, and the dwindling demographics of Western cultures might just be a clue.

I say lets keep the genders separate and interesting.

I would agree that those who have no clue as to what they really are should have a common bathroom that they can voluntarily access. To have everybody else be forced to relinquish their own beliefs/privacy for the few seems a tyranny of the minority, which is something to be avoided at least as assiduously as a tyranny of the majority.

Totally disagree with your view that the nation will endure this constant escalation of pushing things like gender beyond the norm and deep into deviant. There are, and should constantly be, lines drawn in the sand as to how far things should be allowed. Anarchy is not what preserves society.

I don't have any more of a problem with a transgender taking a piss next to me than I do with any other guy.

I, myself, would not want to use a bathroom that other men have used - or are using. Ew. (RE Amsterdam). I like my gender-division and distance. What's so wrong with male and female? why do we all have to come together and sing kumbaya?

In an effort to be pc for a few people - everyone else is supposed to throw out their comfort zones? If it's a big issue - create a 3rd bathroom as some places already do, now - called 'the family bathroom' which is multi-gendered. Problems solved. :roll:

That is pretty much how I see it as well. Personally I would have no issue using a shared restroom but I can understand why some would have issue with it and these people should have a choice.

Father, forgive us for we know not what we do.

I like Auntie's idea about a family bathroom, but I don't know that I'd call it a family bathroom. I can see a soccer mom walking in there with 14 kids, and a man in a dress standing in front of a urinal. :lol: Maybe a "non gender" bathroom.

I think most gender-transitioning people would be OK with that. After all they have gone through, they wouldn't have much trouble seeing somebody urinate.

My kid starts Kindergarten here in California basically at the end of the month. I don't have a problem with this at all. You want to know why? Because it already is basically that way. The Kindergarteners use single bathrooms inside their classrooms. Older students have bathrooms, with stalls that have doors. No children are going to see other children naked. It is just a restroom.

There are only two genders, male and female. These people are kidding themselves.

I like Auntie's idea about a family bathroom, but I don't know that I'd call it a family bathroom. I can see a soccer mom walking in there with 14 kids, and a man in a dress standing in front of a urinal. :lol: Maybe a "non gender" bathroom.

I think most gender-transitioning people would be OK with that. After all they have gone through, they wouldn't have much trouble seeing somebody urinate.

You know - that raises a significant concern.

I wouldn't dare let my daughter use a bathroom by herself if men were in there.

Maybe we should build trans-gender parks, like they do for dogs.

Hasn't California effectively done that though?

I mean gender was an easily definable thing when I grew up but now it's a vague undefinable "feeling" that changes from day to day, so can't any CA student suddenly decide he's now a woman, walk into the girls locker room, and enjoy the show as they change for gym?

Last edited:

This is a good thing?

You're using words like "ban" and "mandate" like they're good things.

If going Orwellian is being "ahead of your time", I'll stay in the present, thank you very much.

Very little, expect may a bill requiring reserved parking of unicorns.

People are so silly. If they weren't, then when kids started acting in sexually bizarre manners, they'd try to find the adult in their life that's inspiring the behavior.

Its about privacy, the fact that male and female are, indeed different, and bathrooms reflect that. This blending of genders in the minds of the young is going too far, confusing kids and, apparently, adults. I, for one, am glad to be male and am certainly glad females are different. It they become more and more like me, I am not going to be nearly as attracted. Who knows where that will lead, and the dwindling demographics of Western cultures might just be a clue.

I say lets keep the genders separate and interesting.

I would agree that those who have no clue as to what they really are should have a common bathroom that they can voluntarily access. To have everybody else be forced to relinquish their own beliefs/privacy for the few seems a tyranny of the minority, which is something to be avoided at least as assiduously as a tyranny of the majority.

Totally disagree with your view that the nation will endure this constant escalation of pushing things like gender beyond the norm and deep into deviant. There are, and should constantly be, lines drawn in the sand as to how far things should be allowed. Anarchy is not what preserves society.

Thank you for your detailed response.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the Europeans have accepted mixed gender bathrooms primarily (IMHO) because of the value of space and the costs of bathroom construction (with plumbing, sewer et al the bathrooms are one of the higher per SF parts of any building). No matter how superior you may feel Americans are, I assure you that Europe is intellectually compatible to us.

Sharing a lavatory will not change your gender or lessen the value of the other gender{s). Most toilets are seated in cubbies where you have privacy, they are not social areas. You enter, you reliueve yourself, you wash and leave. They aren't a social situation.

To provide a separate facility for the 3rd gender might ease some anxiety but in most cases, it would be cost prohibitive to retrofit the structures such as schools.

Of course we will survive the changes associated with embracing the gay and transgendered. Look at how we white folks have survived the loss of our slaves and the indignity of sharing our water fountains with colored folks. At the time of this change, many white people foresaw the end of America. But we are still here 50 years later. And yes, it is the same thing.

The whole idea of the the Constitution was to protect the minority from the abuse of the majority.

Attachments

• imgres.jpeg
    imgres.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 68
lol @ the "third gender"

There are only two genders, male and female. These people are kidding themselves.

Hasn't California effectively done that though?

I mean gender was an easily definable thing when I grew up but now it's a vague undefinable "feeling" that changes from day to day, so can't any CA student suddenly decide he's now a woman, walk into the girls locker room, and enjoy the show as they change for gym?

Here is a book on the topic Changing Ones: Third and Fourth Genders in Native North America: Will Roscoe: 9780312224790: Amazon.com: Books

When I grew up, I didn't have to be intimidated by those large negro penises since they couldn't come in my bathroom. Tell me, has that change been harmful to us?

Remember, men are just women missing a chromosome. So, in a way, we are all just "god's children".

This is a good thing?

You're using words like "ban" and "mandate" like they're good things.

If going Orwellian is being "ahead of your time", I'll stay in the present, thank you very much.

You can stay in the present while the rest of us move on into the future. Nobody will mandate that you use any public restrooms. You're welcome though.

Orwellian is NSA spying. Not really an appropriate analogy.

Back
Top Bottom