• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transgender and sports

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have a question:

It seems "normal" now that a man who thinks in his head that he is a woman is allowed to compete in sports with other woman - so that he can win sky high .....
What about women who think in their heads that they are men - do they then compete with men in sports - so they will lose "sky-deep" - if one can say so?

And what about those non-binary people - can they choose with whom they would wish to compete?
Or is there a special non-binary league in football etc?

I think you'll find that the vast majority of trans people and trans rights advocates believe people should compete in whatever group would be the most fair. In some cases that will be trans women competing with women or trans men competing with men depending on how much they have medically transitioned. Trans men especially need to almost immediately compete with men once they medically transition because they take testosterone.

I have a question:

It seems "normal" now that a man who thinks in his head that he is a woman is allowed to compete in sports with other woman - so that he can win sky high .....
What about women who think in their heads that they are men - do they then compete with men in sports - so they will lose "sky-deep" - if one can say so?
I'm really disappointed with my leaders on this subject.

Some guy can't win competing against men so he takes a few hormones and starts winning over the women, what an accomplishment.

Women may compete with men, but men may not compete with the women.

If you have a vagina, may use the women's room otherwise use the men's, unless it is occupied.

I have a question:

The left destroys everything they touch including sports.

I have no issues with transgender people outside of this one topic. It is unfair for transgender women to compete against other women, particularly when the transition is fairly recent.

Lia Thomas is a prime example. Having almost 19 years as a biological male and swimming since she was 5 gives her an unfair advantage in that her body had already developed more strength than a biological woman would have. When she was competing as a male, she was ranked poorly, but shot up the charts competing as a woman. You cannot tell me with a straight face that trans women competing in women's sports, particularly where strength is a factor, is the least bit fair.

I have a question:

I don't have a problem with hormone parameters in sports as long as they are applied equally to men and women. If women can't exceed a certain level because it theoretically gives them an unfair advantage then the same should apply to men. That would be "fair".

And what about those non-binary people - can they choose with whom they would wish to compete?
Or is there a special non-binary league in football etc?

It was the first year New York Road Runners created a separate non-binary division. There were 16 competitors in total.

There is your answer. They get their own container. Harris was the 1,003 fastest runner. And winner of the fastest person who doesnt identify their gender. There were about 100 people who identified as women who faster and were not winners. And about 900 men.

Biological MEN who are allowed to UNFAIRLY compete against women is WRONG. It is just as WRONG as an athlete using steroids or performance enhancing drugs in order to get a competitive advantage.

A biological MAN has had YEARS of natural MALE testosterone that a woman of the same age has NOT had. As we know, that testosterone is what makes men physically stronger, and also larger than most biological females--- thus the advantage, and one of the reason (not the only reason) why many sports are segregated between men and women. It does not take a rocket scientist to OBSERVE that NBA players as compared to WNBA players are taller, stronger, and faster, and that is due to male testosterone.

This allowing of a biological MALE swimmer to compete against women is discriminatory against WOMEN. It is unfair to these women who have worked hard to get to that level of competition, only to be CHEATED out of a possible victory by another person who has benefited from testosterone levels which no biological female would ever have available to them, unless they ILLEGALLY enhanced by use of testosterone or steroid use,

It is the failure of 'woke' society to be able to just say "NO, you cannot compete against women if you are or ever "where" a male.

And if he or she feels like a cat or a dog or a stone, then he or she should also be allowed to identify as such.
We are a free country - after all!
But maybe too free in some cases.

Back
Top Bottom