• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trans beats 13-year-old girl in NYC women’s skateboarding contest

If I was the parent of the 13-year old who came in second place, I would be livid.

So if it was a 29yo "normal" lady beating the pants off a 13yo, that would be preferable?

With a $500 1st place prize and such wide open brackets, I expect they are just happy to be able to draw enough competition to continue their little tradition.

Last edited:
The only real facts you need is this was supposed to be a female skating competition, and the winner was a male claiming to be female.

That is literally the first point I questioned in my first post here, and I pointed out why the logic made sense.

You literally quoted two of my posts in their entirety, and ignored them both in their entirety, just to repeat the same stupid nonsensical argument that people have been repeating since the beginning of the thread and, like everyone else, fail to answer a very simple question.

I am returning that courtesy.

That is literally the first point I questioned in my first post here, and I pointed out why the logic made sense.

You literally quoted two of my posts in their entirety, and ignored them both in their entirety, just to repeat the same stupid nonsensical argument that people have been repeating since the beginning of the thread and, like everyone else, fail to answer a very simple question.

I am returning that courtesy.
Why did you edit my post if this was the case? You want to be disingenuous. My point stands. Question was answered, not my problem you dont like it. Thank you for your "courtesy", it was quite kind of you.

It was an open competition an the 13 year old is cool with the results. If the "victim" isn't bothered enough to fight back, why should I be bothered to care about her plight, she obviously isn't.
Because girls deserve equal opportunity to compete in sports, regardless of whether or not some individual girls don't care.

Reactions: PoS
Your logic did not make sense. It was of the form:
  • Adult women (allegedly) have physical advantages A, B, and C over kids in this sport.
  • Men have physical advantages A, B, and C over women in this sport.
  • Therefore there can't possibly be any *other* physical advantages men also have over women.
  • Therefore we can't sex-segregate unless we also age-segregate.
Your logic is based on one highly questionable premise, and two conclusions that do not follow from these premises even if true.

So if it was a 29yo "normal" lady beating the pants off a 13yo, that would be preferable?
Yes. This competition was open to adults. The kids knew that signing up, and clearly kids can successfully compete against adults in this sport.

The analogous situation would be if a 29-year-old adult snuck into a sports competition for kids by pretending to be underage. That would be wrong.

With respect:

Conservatives talking about fairness- who do you think you're fooling?

So again, how is it "fair" for a 29 year old to compete with a 13 year old in a skateboarding contest?
You still haven't answered the op's question, and I suspect you never will.

You either think it's fair that a man is allowed to beat a girl and are too embarrassed to say it, or you don't think it's fair that a man is allowed to beat a girl but won't say it because your political ideology is more important to you than honesty is. Either way, not answering the question is typical behavior for far too many folks on the left around here, so if you don't it won't surprise me.

You still haven't answered the op's question, and I suspect you never will.

You either think it's fair that a man is allowed to beat a girl and are too embarrassed to say it, or you don't think it's fair that a man is allowed to beat a girl but won't say it because your political ideology is more important to you than honesty is. Either way, not answering the question is typical behavior for far too many folks on the left around here, so if you don't it won't surprise me.

Well we know that you think it's fair that a 29 year old competes with a 13 year old in a skateboarding competition so that's all we need to know about you.

Well we know that you think it's fair that a 29 year old competes with a 13 year old in a skateboarding competition so that's all we need to know about you.
Yes, I think it's fair because it is allowed according to the rules....

See how easy it is to answer a question when you make honesty a higher priority than ideology?

Was that a "yes" or "no" to the question the op posed?

The question "is this fair?"

I didn't answer that question, because it was a waste of time.

But the answer is, it depends on the specific case in question.

That question has been answered.
No, it hasn't. The closest it's come to being answered is Gatsby speculating there might be other physical advantages of masculine childhood development that we haven't considered-- nobody has provided any answer for what those advantages might be, and nobody else has done anything but screaming and stamping their feet about the advantages that have already logically been ruled out.

No, it hasn't. The closest it's come to being answered is Gatsby speculating there might be other physical advantages of masculine childhood development that we haven't considered-- nobody has provided any answer for what those advantages might be, and nobody else has done anything but screaming and stamping their feet about the advantages that have already logically been ruled out.
I don't care how someone teases their hair or what they paint on their face or what fashion trends they choose to abide by that has nothing to do with your sex. Athletic competition is divided on the basis of sex because the sexes are different.

There is no need at all to prove any of this it is established fact

Last edited:
The question "is this fair?"

I didn't answer that question, because it was a waste of time.

But the answer is, it depends on the specific case in question.
The case in question is the one this thread is centered around. The 29 year old man who competed against girls in a skateboarding competition and won.

No, stop whining for a second and try to answer the question.
Let's see if there is a valid question here.
Testosterone is an advantage in sporting events. It makes people bigger and have stronger muscles and bones; it makes people with more testosterone stronger and faster than people with less testosterone. These are all biological facts, stipulated, and they're the reason that most sports are segregated into men's and women's divisions. All of that is true, none of that is really subject for debate.
there doesn't seem to be a question here and just amateur endocrinology so I will skip this part.

Now, which one of you is going to explain to me which one of those unquestioned biological advantages that men (generally) have over women... do adult human women not also have over the thirteen year old girl who took second place?
Peter testosterone male puberty greater bone density do you really not understand the difference between the sexes?

Adult women didn't do any of that.

Duh. 🙄

If a "biological man" has so much of a biological advantage over all of these "biological women" that it isn't fair and it isn't sporting to allow her to compete against all of them in the women's division, then how can you explain the fact that a thirteen year old, "biologically female" child also beat all of them to take second place?
I thought this was a women's and girls tournament she didn't beat a bunch of men in drag she beat other females.

Both of your questions are profoundly stupid.

Are you glad I answered them now?

Peter testosterone male puberty greater bone density do you really not understand the difference between the sexes?
So, where did you get your medical license? Because first you're telling that these are all the reasons why a transwoman can't legitimately compete with other women, but then when I agree with you but argue they're not relevant... now they're "amateur endocrinology". Since you're apparently trying to say I'm not even qualified to agree with you, how about you either stop pretending you're more qualified than anyone else in this thread, or you show us your ****ing credentials.

Adult women didn't do any of that.

Duh. 🙄
Okay, men and women who went through puberty as boys have higher bone density than ciswomen and girls.

What advantage does bone density provide in a skateboarding competition? It isn't an impact sport.

Both of your questions are profoundly stupid.

Are you glad I answered them now?

I'll take your opinion of my questions more seriously when you've demonstrated that you understand them. Aside from implying I didn't understand medical science because I agreed with you, all you've done so far is reassert (again) the same assertion I've asking any of your certifiable genius to justify. To date, the closest we've gotten is one person-- honestly-- speculating that there's some biological advantage that none of us, in this thread, is aware of.

The question you are failing to answer is: "what advantage does being a transwoman have over a 13-year-old girl that other women do not have?"

Thumping your chest and saying it's a stupid question isn't an answer. "Of course they have advantages, they're men!" is not a ****ing answer.

Until someone can actually explain what advantage "boy puberty" grants a skateboarder, the only basis you have for the fact that competition was unfair is the fact that she won and the person she beat-- the person who took second place-- was a little girl. The news doesn't report on transwomen who take fourth. You could make the same argument for why transwomen can't compete in chess tournaments or speech and debate, because you're refusing to actually justify why being larger and stronger-- and having denser bones, I guess-- is an unfair advantage in the competition we're discussing.

The courtesy of a reply is not requested. If you can't answer a simple ****ing question after this many attempts, I doubt you're going to do anything but repeat the same stupid ****ing non-answer again and declare victory again.

The case in question is the one this thread is centered around. The 29 year old man who competed against girls in a skateboarding competition and won.

Did the competition rules allow it?

If so, then it's either working as intended or whoever set them up needs to change them.

That's it, nothing more.

Considering the bullshit SCOTUS rulings recently, I think that 13 y/o is going to have better things to worry about then losing a single race to a trans person, in about 10 years or so, assuming they even want to have kids in the hellscape the current ****wits appear hellbent on building in some areas.

Hello ???

Where did this come from.

It was an open competition an the 13 year old is cool with the results. If the "victim" isn't bothered enough to fight back, why should I be bothered to care about her plight, she obviously isn't.
The other women competitors are the ones complaining, so yes, you ought to be bothered by it.

Duh. This is a women's skating competition, so yes, obviously.

Until someone can actually explain what advantage "boy puberty" grants a skateboarder,
This is splitting hairs, demanding that someone know a lot about this particular sport in order to apply a general principle (i.e. that men have physical advantages over women in sports). If your contention is that skateboarding is one particular exception to that general principle which holds across most sports, that's fine, but the prior assumption should be that the general principle holds. The burden of proof should be on those arguing this sport is an exception, not on everyone else to prove the principle for every single individual sport.

And let's be clear about the implications, if you are correct that men have no advantages in skateboarding. This is an argument for making the sport coed, not for letting men play in women's sports.

the only basis you have for the fact that competition was unfair is the fact that she won and the person she beat-- the person who took second place-- was a little girl. The news doesn't report on transwomen who take fourth.
Considering transsexuals are like 0.5% of the population, we would only expect one trans in the top 200 if they have no advantage and their rankings are randomly distributed. So yeah, when they get first (or even fourth) that definitely should raise some eyebrows. Especially if you are making the highly questionable claim that skateboarding is the rare example of a sport where men have no advantage over women.

You could make the same argument for why transwomen can't compete in chess tournaments or speech and debate, because you're refusing to actually justify why being larger and stronger-- and having denser bones, I guess-- is an unfair advantage in the competition we're discussing.
Sex-segregated chess competitions are controversial for that reason. I agree they are unnecessary and unhelpful to women. But again, this is a reason to make them coed, not to allow men to sneak into women's competitions.

For any sort of physical activity, the prior assumption should be "Men have the advantage" not "Everyone is equally likely to win regardless of sex," because that is broadly true across most physical activities. And that perfectly reasonable prior assumption should hold in this particular case until someone provides a good explanation why it doesn't.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight-- this is a women's competition, in which a 13-year-old girl was allowed to compete with adult women and she took second place... and you think being a transwoman gave the first place winner an unfair advantage?

What advantage, exactly, do you think she had that all of the other fully-grown adult women didn't?
Well, to be fair, the article says that the trans women at 29 was the oldest contestant and that the youngest was 10 years old (and came in at 5th place) It seems to be a strange competition where 10 year old’s and 29 year old’s compete in the same range, so I'll guess it is an amateur competition where anyone can register rather than a regular sport competition. And the right wing propaganda machine is just using it.

So, where did you get your medical license?
no I can point to the Big Dipper even though I don't have a degree in astrophysics too you don't need this to understand basic human biology.

Okay, men and women who went through puberty as boys have higher bone density than ciswomen and girls.
women don't go through puberty as boys only men do.
What advantage does bone density provide in a skateboarding competition? It isn't an impact sport.
stronger attachments to ligaments and tendons two more powerful muscles yes you do use muscles when you skate.

The question you are failing to answer is: "what advantage does being a transwoman have over a 13-year-old girl that other women do not have?"
already answered male hormones male puberty greater bone density more muscular density.

Thumping your chest and saying it's a stupid question isn't an answer. "Of course they have advantages, they're men!" is not a ****ing answer.
yes it is if that's the answer.

Your question is something someone would ask if they just got here yesterday from Mars.
Until someone can actually explain what advantage "boy puberty"
I already have more testosterone greater bone density more muscular tissue oftentimes males are larger in stature.

Your question has been answered now several times.

The courtesy of a reply is not requested. If you can't answer a simple ****ing question after this many attempts, I doubt you're going to do anything but repeat the same stupid ****ing non-answer again and declare victory again.
Well I guess I get to delight and frustrating you by giving you the same answer over and over again until you either return To Mars or understand.

This promises to be fun.

Did the competition rules allow it?

If so, then it's either working as intended or whoever set them up needs to change them.

That's it, nothing more.
I just don't get it... Why is it so difficult for you and so many others on the left to answer a simple question?

You either think it's fair for a biological man to compete against girls in a girls skateboarding competition, or you don't?

Back
Top Bottom