• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trans beats 13-year-old girl in NYC women’s skateboarding contest

I just don't get it... Why is it so difficult for you and so many others on the left to answer a simple question?

You either think it's fair for a biological man to compete against girls in a girls skateboarding competition, or you don't?

It depends on the specific case.
I don't know the context around and rules of this competition.

So, like I said, it's either working as intended or the governing body of that competition needs to adjust the rules.

I just don't get it... Why is it so difficult for you and so many others on the left to answer a simple question?

You either think it's fair for a biological man to compete against girls in a girls skateboarding competition, or you don't?

It seems that these people want to treat all trans as better than natural born women. Pure prejudice and misogyny.

I’m sorry but you’re more concerned with the fact the person is trans and not being “fair” but not upset over the fact a person that is 29 is competing with a 13 year old?
The article notes that the 4th place finisher was 28, the 5th place finisher 10. I realize the competition was "open" but that age disparity does feel jarring. Why not create age divisions instead of having adults compete against pre-pubescent/pubescent children?

The results of the competition suggest otherwise. If you are going to keep repeating the claim that sex and age offer exactly the same physical advantages in all sports, then you're going to have to contend with the actual results that suggest age didn't actually play a big role in this competition, if at all.

But for the sake of argument, let's suppose that you're right. Let's suppose that these 4 kids who finished in the top 6 entered this competition with adults, heroically overcame the injustice of their age-based physical disadvantage, and defeated all the adults. Great. They got the competition they signed up for, and rose to the top. One would expect the competitors in an adult competition to be...adults. Adults who signed up to compete against other adults are not doing anything wrong, just because some kids also chose to sign up. Similarly a man competing in a men's league isn't doing anything wrong, just because some talented woman might occasionally sign up to compete against the men.

In contrast, a man participating in a Women's Skateboarding Contest *is* doing something wrong, because he's entering a contest at which he has a physical advantage, which exists for the sole purpose of excluding him. And if these adults had found a Kids Skateboarding Contest and got in by pretending to be underage, they would also be doing something wrong.

Some absolutely would do it. Some have.

View attachment 67399739
Is it your contention that Lia Thomas transitioned simply to compete against women?

Is it your contention that Lia Thomas transitioned simply to compete against women?
I don't know or care about his motives. It doesn't matter if he transitioned to cheat, or if he transitioned because he genuinely thinks he is a woman and the cheating is just a byproduct of that. Either way, he's a man competing in women's sports where he has a massive physical advantage.

It seems that these people want to treat all trans as better than natural born women. Pure prejudice and misogyny.
Some are better, some are not, but that's irrelevant. Biological men have no business competing against women PERIOD!

Why do so many on the left hate women?

Reactions: PoS
oh my god now they're mad about skateboarding

Is this fair? The trans is a military veteran who physically developed as a man before he transitioned to a woman.

If I was the parent of the 13-year old who came in second place, I would be livid.
This transgender men in women's sports is total bullshit and one of the most idiotic, unfair and female hating crap I have ever seen.

Reactions: PoS
oh my god now they're mad about skateboarding
The end of Title IX and women's sports is worth getting mad about. Especially when it's brought about by people who mostly think of themselves as liberal, and pat themselves on the back for how woke they are for eliminating women's sports.

The UK has created an open category

That's fine, I have no problem with coed sports as long as they don't replace women's sports.

The end of Title IX and women's sports is worth getting mad about. Especially when it's brought about by people who mostly think of themselves as liberal, and pat themselves on the back for how woke they are for eliminating women's sports.
Which women's sports league and/or team has shut down?

Which women's sports league and/or team has shut down?
All of them that allow men have shut down as women's leagues and have become coed leagues.

All of them that allow men have shut down as women's leagues and have become coed leagues.
Uninterested in this goalpost shift.

Uninterested in this goalpost shift.
You asked which women's leagues had shut down, I answered. Any of them that allow men.

Like, if the WNBA allowed LeBron James to play, there would still exist a legal entity called the WNBA. But it wouldn't be the WNBA.

You asked which women's leagues had shut down, I answered. Any of them that allow men.
Yes, and your definition of shutting down is made up, so I'm not interested.

Yes, and your definition of shutting down is made up, so I'm not interested.
What is the functional difference between a woman's league admitting men, versus a woman's league shutting down and being replaced by a coed/men's league?

The outcome is exactly the same. No more woman's league.

Back
Top Bottom