• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trans beats 13-year-old girl in NYC women’s skateboarding contest

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

Tres attempted to participate in the Women’s Street USA Skateboarding National Championships to aid in her bid to qualify for the Olympics but was rejected because she had too much testosterone, according to The Daily Mail.
The outlet said Tres took hormones to suppress her testosterone but still came in over the limit.

Tres served four years in the Navy and had three kids with her now ex-wife before becoming a woman, according to The Mail.

Is this fair? The trans is a military veteran who physically developed as a man before he transitioned to a woman.

If I was the parent of the 13-year old who came in second place, I would be livid.

Is this fair? The trans is a military veteran who physically developed as a man before he transitioned to a woman.

If I was the parent of the 13-year old who came in second place, I would be livid.

I’m sorry but you’re more concerned with the fact the person is trans and not being “fair” but not upset over the fact a person that is 29 is competing with a 13 year old?

What makes you think fairness should come into it? Trans ideology rises far above any such outdated bourgeois concepts as reason, justice and, yes, fairness.

This is a no-brainer... Hell no it isn't fair.

I'm right there with you.

I’m sorry but you’re more concerned with the fact the person is trans and not being “fair” but not upset over the fact a person that is 29 is competing with a 13 year old?
Unless the competition has age restrictions, why would anyone be concerned?

Considering the bullshit SCOTUS rulings recently, I think that 13 y/o is going to have better things to worry about then losing a single race to a trans person, in about 10 years or so, assuming they even want to have kids in the hellscape the current ****wits appear hellbent on building in some areas.

Considering the bullshit SCOTUS rulings recently, I think that 13 y/o is going to have better things to worry about then losing a single race to a trans person, in about 10 years or so, assuming they even want to have kids in the hellscape the current ****wits appear hellbent on building in some areas.
Was that a "yes" or "no" to the question the op posed?

Reactions: PoS
Let me get this straight-- this is a women's competition, in which a 13-year-old girl was allowed to compete with adult women and she took second place... and you think being a transwoman gave the first place winner an unfair advantage?

What advantage, exactly, do you think she had that all of the other fully-grown adult women didn't?

Let me get this straight-- this is a women's competition, in which a 13-year-old girl was allowed to compete with adult women and she took second place... and you think being a transwoman gave the first place winner an unfair advantage?

What advantage, exactly, do you think she had that all of the other fully-grown adult women didn't?
From the article: "Tres attempted to participate in the Women’s Street USA Skateboarding National Championships to aid in her bid to qualify for the Olympics but was rejected because she had too much testosterone."

Are you disputing that biological males have physical advantages in sports?

Reactions: PoS

We're talking about a man they separate women's sports from in sports because there wouldn't be any women participating if they weren't.

From the article: "Tres attempted to participate in the Women’s Street USA Skateboarding National Championships to aid in her bid to qualify for the Olympics but was rejected because she had too much testosterone."

Are you disputing that biological males have physical advantages in sports?

We're talking about a man they separate women's sports from in sports because there wouldn't be any women participating if they weren't.
No, stop whining for a second and try to answer the question.

Testosterone is an advantage in sporting events. It makes people bigger and have stronger muscles and bones; it makes people with more testosterone stronger and faster than people with less testosterone. These are all biological facts, stipulated, and they're the reason that most sports are segregated into men's and women's divisions. All of that is true, none of that is really subject for debate.

Now, which one of you is going to explain to me which one of those unquestioned biological advantages that men (generally) have over women... do adult human women not also have over the thirteen year old girl who took second place? If a "biological man" has so much of a biological advantage over all of these "biological women" that it isn't fair and it isn't sporting to allow her to compete against all of them in the women's division, then how can you explain the fact that a thirteen year old, "biologically female" child also beat all of them to take second place?

Testosterone is an advantage in sporting events. It makes people bigger and have stronger muscles and bones; it makes people with more testosterone stronger and faster than people with less testosterone. These are all biological facts, stipulated, and they're the reason that most sports are segregated into men's and women's divisions. All of that is true, none of that is really subject for debate.

Now, which one of you is going to explain to me which one of those unquestioned biological advantages that men (generally) have over women... do adult human women not also have over the thirteen year old girl who took second place? If a "biological man" has so much of a biological advantage over all of these "biological women" that it isn't fair and it isn't sporting to allow her to compete against all of them in the women's division, then how can you explain the fact that a thirteen year old, "biologically female" child also beat all of them to take second place?
Again, from the article: "Four of the six finalists were under the age of 17, with the youngest being 10-year-old Juri Iikura, who came in fifth. At 29, Tres was the oldest contestant."

I don't know much about skateboarding, but it sounds like age is not a major factor. Or if it is, then adults have a biological *disadvantage* which can only be overcome by the offsetting advantage of being male.

This is a very weak argument. You are claiming that because adults hold an advantage over teens in some sports (though apparently not this one), that we should also allow men to compete against women. That's insane. In sports where adults have an advantage over kids they generally *do* have their own separate leagues. Which is why we don't see middle school football teams competing against NFL linebackers.

This is a very weak argument. You are claiming that because adults hold an advantage over teens in some sports (though apparently not this one), that we should also allow men to compete against women. That's insane. In sports where adults have an advantage over kids they generally *do* have their own separate leagues. Which is why we don't see middle school football teams competing against NFL linebackers.
Yeah, and if you show me a thirteen year old kid who can compete in the NFL, I'll make the same argument there.

Until then, you still didn't answer the question. What advantage would a man have over a woman that women do not have over children?

Yeah, and if you show me a thirteen year old kid who can compete in the NFL, I'll make the same argument there.
The issue is not with a 13-year-old superstar competing against adults, in a sport where adults have an advantage. Just as the issue is not with a female superstar competing against males, in a sport where males have an advantage. It's with the advantaged groups weaseling their way into easier competition, at the expense of people who can't compete with them.
Until then, you still didn't answer the question. What advantage would a man have over a woman that women do not have over children?
The results of this competition suggest that adults do not have an advantage over children in this particular sport. It wasn't age-segregated and yet 4 of the top 6 were still kids (and 1 of the adults cheated by being male). I don't know enough about skateboarding to have an opinion on how biological advantages apply to this particular sport, but it's just ridiculous to assume that the biological advantages of sex and age are exactly the same in every sport. That doesn't make any sense.

(And in any case, there ARE a lot of skateboarding competitions for specific age groups. So this is a super-weird argument for letting men compete against women.)

The advantages of sex are size and strength. That is exactly the same.

Tell you what, though-- why don't you go into a college locker room and offer the men the "once in a lifetime opportunity" to win fame and glory by playing for the women's team. Take a bodyguard with you.

The advantages of sex are size and strength. That is exactly the same.
The results of the competition suggest otherwise. If you are going to keep repeating the claim that sex and age offer exactly the same physical advantages in all sports, then you're going to have to contend with the actual results that suggest age didn't actually play a big role in this competition, if at all.

But for the sake of argument, let's suppose that you're right. Let's suppose that these 4 kids who finished in the top 6 entered this competition with adults, heroically overcame the injustice of their age-based physical disadvantage, and defeated all the adults. Great. They got the competition they signed up for, and rose to the top. One would expect the competitors in an adult competition to be...adults. Adults who signed up to compete against other adults are not doing anything wrong, just because some kids also chose to sign up. Similarly a man competing in a men's league isn't doing anything wrong, just because some talented woman might occasionally sign up to compete against the men.

In contrast, a man participating in a Women's Skateboarding Contest *is* doing something wrong, because he's entering a contest at which he has a physical advantage, which exists for the sole purpose of excluding him. And if these adults had found a Kids Skateboarding Contest and got in by pretending to be underage, they would also be doing something wrong.
Tell you what, though-- why don't you go into a college locker room and offer the men the "once in a lifetime opportunity" to win fame and glory by playing for the women's team. Take a bodyguard with you.
Some absolutely would do it. Some have.

1656766728713.png

Last edited:

Thats the whole point: the 13 year old beat everyone, except the trans- who had developed physically as a male for most of her life.

This trans was also banned from competing in a pre-olympic event, which goes to show that the ones organizing that event knew she had an advantage. Also, she never won anything while competing as a man in previous skateboarding events in the male category, it wasnt until she transitioned that she started placing high up in women's events.

Thats the whole point: the 13 year old beat everyone, except the trans- who had developed physically as a male for most of her life.
That's not the whole point, because it's not a whole point. That's two unrelated facts that I keep asking you to establish a logical connection between, and nobody has been able to do so. If transwomen are allowed to compete in sporting events at all, they're going to win sometimes.

You can't have this both ways.

If the 13 year old girl beat all of the other cis-female contestants, most of whom were at least older teens and some were full-grown women... then size and strength logically could not have been a factor in her victory because all of the contestants were larger and stronger than she was.

If a transwoman beat that 13 year old girl, it couldn't be because of an unfair advantage caused by her size and strength because every other contestant who took 3rd place or lower had.... the same advantage... over that 13 year old girl.

Seriously... take away my SJW card or whatever, but I've been skeptical of transwomen in women's sports for as long as it's been an issue and I'm still really not on board with it, but this story simply does not make the case that you want it to make. The facts do not support the argument you're trying to make with them.

That's not the whole point, because it's not a whole point. That's two unrelated facts that I keep asking you to establish a logical connection between, and nobody has been able to do so. If transwomen are allowed to compete in sporting events at all, they're going to win sometimes.

If the 13 year old girl beat all of the other cis-female contestants, most of whom were at least older teens and some were full-grown women... then size and strength logically could not have been a factor in her victory because all of the contestants were larger and stronger than she was.

If a transwoman beat that 13 year old girl, it couldn't be because of an unfair advantage caused by her size and strength because every other contestant who took 3rd place or lower had.... the same advantage... over that 13 year old girl.

Seriously... take away my SJW card or whatever, but I've been skeptical of transwomen in women's sports for as long as it's been an issue and I'm still really not on board with it, but this story simply does not make the case that you want it to make. The facts do not support the argument you're trying to make with them.
I just gave you the reasons why, but you edited out my quote and pretended it didnt even exist.

Again, this trans never won anything as a man, and you seem to ignore that one vital bit of information.

This is the reason why there are separate sports categories for men and women. Until you actually acknowledge this, then your so-called argument remains dishonest.

It was an open competition an the 13 year old is cool with the results. If the "victim" isn't bothered enough to fight back, why should I be bothered to care about her plight, she obviously isn't.

Unless the competition has age restrictions, why would anyone be concerned?

So again, how is it "fair" for a 29 year old to compete with a 13 year old in a skateboarding contest?

The only real facts you need is this was supposed to be a female skating competition, and the winner was a male claiming to be female. There is a very good reason men and women's sports are separate. Example in Tennis. Serena Williams one of the best and strongest female players to ever play. Yet she herself knows and tells people she would get her ass handed to her handily by the top 100 men's players. It wouldn't be much of a contest. She is very skilled and yet she cannot compete against men and consistently win. The reason is very straight forward. Strength speed and build. Tim Pool is a skateboarder and has commented on the differences between men and women in skateboarding that makes differences. Hip width and quadriceps angle, center of gravity and leg length. There are few other things but you get the point. The guy is man pretending to be a woman, competing in a woman's contest beating them. Most people find that to be uncool.

So again, how is it "fair" for a 29 year old to compete with a 13 year old in a skateboarding contest?
It was an open competition. They didnt have enough women skaters to make age brackets.

Back
Top Bottom