• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Traditional services v. Contemporary services

Vote:

• Traditional

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Contemporary

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
If you have to choose between a very traditional church service or a very contemporary church service, which would you prefer?

As long as I can wear jeans and a clean casual shirt and not get looked at funny, I don't care that much.

My old home church has a blue-grass gospel group that performs every service. I love it. I like to sing the old hymns; I know most of them by heart (well, first and last verse anyway... I'm Baptist...)

Ooooh, you're one of THOSE. :2razz:

Yup, I are.

Do you know what the holy symbol of the Baptist Church is? The "covered dish". That's because we grab any excuse to get together and eat... somebody's born, we eat; somebody dies, we eat; somebody gets married, we eat... etc.

Do you know why Baptists don't make love standing up? They're afraid if someone saw them through the window, they might think they were dancing. :lamo

(I collect Baptist jokes, and I can tell them because I are one. :) )

Do you know what the holy symbol of the Baptist Church is? The "covered dish". That's because we grab any excuse to get together and eat... somebody's born, we eat; somebody dies, we eat; somebody gets married, we eat... etc.

Do you know why Baptists don't make love standing up? They're afraid if someone saw them through the window, they might think they were dancing. :lamo

Ha. Both of those would work for churches of Christ too.

You might be a church of Christer if you were 18 years old before you knew that "guardguideanddirectus" was not one word.

:agree

Afternoon Pg :2wave:

Good afternoon to you, JC! :2wave:

My granddaughter is going to visit this evening in an attempt to explain the latest and greatest in technology to me! I really pity her! Thankfully she has the patience of Job! :lamo: (P.S. The real reason she is visiting is because she got a card at my house from Texas, instead of at her condo, and she is dying to know what it says)! I sabotaged her! :naughty)

I voted contemporary, but I would describe myself as a Quaker, so services are a little less traditional anyway, depending on the church.

Yup, I are.

I was raised in a Baptist family. This is perhaps the best description of the denomination ever.

I prefer a contemporary service usually, but I attend a very traditional church right now. Hymns only, 80% of the congregation is over 50, etc. But I go because the pastor's messages are more interesting than the other churches I've been to in the area. The quality of the speaking and the soundness of the church's beliefs are the only criteria that really matter to me in a church.

Back
Top Bottom