• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Traditional masculinity' deemed harmful, could lead to sexual harassment, medical group says

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.foxnews.com/health/amer...inity-harmful-could-lead-to-sexual-harassment

It's all your fault, men.

For the first time in its history, the American Psychological Association (APA) released guidelines concerning men and boys, saying that so-called “traditional masculinity” not only is “harmful” but also could lead to homophobia and sexual harassment.

“The main thrust of the subsequent research is that traditional masculinity – marked by stoicism, competitiveness, dominance and aggression – is, on the whole, harmful,” reads the news release by the famed association.
This is what I consider liberal ideology that has cultivated a generation of man-haters, especially against white men. I think this is also part of the crap educators are passing along to our children, in order to stigmatizes boys as aggressors. Maybe the definition of traditional masculinity needs to be discussed, because it appears the haters have a skewed view of men. Thank God many women failed the indoctrination effort, but unfortunately even many of those have a scarred psyche and overcompensate as a result.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/amer...inity-harmful-could-lead-to-sexual-harassment

This is what I consider liberal ideology that has cultivated a generation of man-haters, especially against white men. I think this is also part of the crap educators are passing along to our children, in order to stigmatizes boys as aggressors. Maybe the definition of traditional masculinity needs to be discussed, because it appears the haters have a skewed view of men. Thank God many women failed the indoctrination effort, but unfortunately even many of those have a scarred psyche and overcompensate as a result.

America increasingly looks like the Soviet Union.

THAT'S a problem.

If one reads such things with a Machiavellian lens, it's useful information. It's a warning that one is at risk for being masculine or even male. My advice: Lawyer up. I think every guy should have an attorney selected and ready to go. The vetting process should be done before there's a need. James DaMore, for example, should have had his communication reviewed by an attorney before communicating about Google. There's a way for men to communicate their concerns in a manner protected by law.

And the Left Madness continues.

Orwell continues to AMAZE ME with his prescient understanding of the insanity of Leftworld...

America increasingly looks like the Soviet Union.

THAT'S a problem.

The Soviet Union didn't push such anti-masculinity. I have read about men who were divorce-raped and escaped to Communist China after the US court system destroyed their life. They were successfully able to pick up the pieces in China.

The Soviet Union didn't push such anti-masculinity. I have read about men who were divorce-raped and escaped to Communist China after the US court system destroyed their life. They were successfully able to pick up the pieces in China.

They did use so-called mental health professionals to label that which they did not like mental health problems, and then use mental hospitals as jails.

They did use so-called mental health professionals to label that which they did not like mental health problems, and then use mental hospitals as jails.

Absolutely, but one could be as masculine as they wanted in the Soviet Union as long as they were loyal to the state.

u-g-F11JUT0.jpg

GettyImages-541320861-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:

They also just shot anyone who they thought were a threat. While this idea that "traditional masculinity" is harmful is ridiculous, it's not something that was found in the Soviet Union. That's just ridiculous.

It certainly does need to be discussed especially why male are more likely to engage in violent behavior and maybe that has something to do with the traditional masculinity traits such as being tough or not crying. I am extremely more likely than you to be assaulted by an intimate partner and if there is a mass shooting it's most likely going to be committed by a man. I don't have a skewed view of men but given the statistics it's out there what do you think?

I'm a Bill Maher liberal. Bill would have criticized the thing like this because it makes liberals look bad.
On the other hand, The right does appear to be driven by too much testosterone with all this sabre-rattling fire and fury crap that Trump says.

But this is what the right loves to do find some extreme position on the left and paint the whole field with it.Tucker Carlson does this a lot

Man haters? My how the right loves their strawman

Last edited:
It certainly does need to be discussed especially why male are more likely to engage in violent behavior and maybe that has something to do with the traditional masculinity traits such as being tough or not crying. I am extremely more likely than you to be assaulted by an intimate partner and if there is a mass shooting it's most likely going to be committed by a man. I don't have a skewed view of men but given the statistics it's out there what do you think?

I think turning men in soy boys isn't going to make your life better. We are what we are, just like you.

I'm a Bill Maher liberal. Bill would have criticized the thing like this because it makes liberals look bad.
On the other hand, The right does appear to be driven by too much testosterone with all this sabre-rattling fire and fury crap that Trump says.

But this is what the right loves to do find some extreme position on the left and paint the whole field with it.Tucker Carlson does this a lot

Man haters? My how the right loves their strawman

I'd say the APA is pretty mainstream, and leftwing at that.

:failpail:

I think turning men in soy boys isn't going to make your life better. We are what we are, just like you.

I don't know what a soy boy is but men are not like me, they are statistically more likely to commit a violent crime. Why do you think that is?

I don't know what a soy boy is but men are not like me, they are statistically more likely to commit a violent crime. Why do you think that is?

Do I have to spell it out for you? Men aren't like you, they are what they are; just like you are what you are. Maybe we should change women, how about that?

Do I have to spell it out for you? Men aren't like you, they are what they are; just like you are what you are. Maybe we should change women, how about that?

Why can't you just have an honest look at it without being defensive? By your reasoning it's okay more males are committing mass shootings and committing violent crimes, because it is what it is? I would imagine you would want the world and society to change for the better if possible but I guess not.

If there was an issue that women were committing at a statistically high number compared to men, I would be interested in discussing why that is and what are some solutions. :shrug:

Why can't you just have an honest look at it without being defensive? By your reasoning it's okay more males are committing mass shootings and committing violent crimes, because it is what it is? I would imagine you would want the world and society to change for the better if possible but I guess not.

If there was an issue that women were committing at a statistically high number compared to men, I would be interested in discussing why that is and what are some solutions. :shrug:

That is not what the APA is doing. I find it unacceptable the hysteria they're trying to conjure up and call it mental illness. If you want a feminine man, more power to you; but leave the rest of society alone. I don't know a single woman in RL that wants a man like that. The APA is the same crowd that had psychiatrists over-diagnosing ADHD and medicating the hell out of boys.

I certainly don’t think there is anything wrong with being masculine. But objectively, we do make up over 90% of the prison population. It is possible that testosterone and civilization may not make for the most ideal mix.

You're seizing on the word 'masculinity,' rather than the word 'traditional.' 'Traditional masculinity' is not an objective term. It is subjective to the culture whose gender roles and traditions you're talking about. It has nothing to do with being male. It has everything to do with what people who identify as a 'man' learn about the attitudes and behaviors expected of them in said culture.

'Traditional masculinity,' much like 'traditional femininity,' looks very different in other societies, and in all of them there is both beauty and ugliness. This article is meant to point out the ugliness that exists in the traditional masculinity of America in an effort to lessen it. As such, it is a service to those who identify as men in America. This doesn't mean that traditional femininity is perfect. Far from it. But raising women to have a princess complex seems like a less urgent problem to society than raising men to repress natural emotions and making excuses when they come out in unhealthy and destructive ways.

Why do men who are so into masculinity spend so much time whining, which is not masculine at all?

Shouldnt they be taking it like a man?

You're seizing on the word 'masculinity,' rather than the word 'traditional.' 'Traditional masculinity' is not an objective term. It is subjective to the culture whose gender roles and traditions you're talking about. It has nothing to do with being male. It has everything to do with what people who identify as a 'man' learn about the attitudes and behaviors expected of them in said culture.

'Traditional masculinity,' much like 'traditional femininity,' looks very different in other societies, and in all of them there is both beauty and ugliness. This article is meant to point out the ugliness that exists in the traditional masculinity of America in an effort to lessen it. As such, it is a service to those who identify as men in America. This doesn't mean that traditional femininity is perfect. Far from it. But raising women to have a princess complex seems like a less urgent problem to society than raising men to repress natural emotions and making excuses when they come out in unhealthy and destructive ways.

Princess complexes ruin families just as badly, don't kid yourself.

I certainly don’t think there is anything wrong with being masculine. But objectively, we do make up over 90% of the prison population. It is possible that testosterone and civilization may not make for the most ideal mix.

I suspect this has to do with the identification of a number of things with masculinity that are actually bad things. Whereas other things associated with masculinity are good things, but also not necessarily for men only.

if all it takes is a fox article to make you scared for your masculinity, well then...

I suspect this has to do with the identification of a number of things with masculinity that are actually bad things. Whereas other things associated with masculinity are good things, but also not necessarily for men only.

Where is the volume of the bad things about femininity?

See that is a problem, the lack of fair play, because Women are Wonderful was always a scam.

I see NO LINK to the actual STUDY.

Back
Top Bottom