• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tracy McGrady

Is he a Hall of Famer? Yes or no, and why?

I don't believe so. He was a great scorer in his heyday, but his impact on the game was limited. It's not just no rings -- he never carried a team deep into the playoffs, despite playing with some strong teams, especially in Houston. Was he even a Top 5 player in any individual season? Even that is arguable He won a couple scoring titles, yes, but no all-defensive team honors. And, of course, he was hobbled by injuries for much of his later carrer. I acknowledge he was a great basketball player, but I wouldn't put him in the NBA hall.

Is he a Hall of Famer? Yes or no, and why?

I don't think so. No top 3 MVPs. No championships. He scored a lot of points, but he was also in the top 6 of usage rate 7 times so you'd expect it. During one of his two scoring title seasons he shot a pretty unremarkable 41%. He didn't have the career length either, falling apart after a few good seasons. He never rebounded or defended particularly well. If he'd kept close to his peak for a longer time I think he'd be borderline, but right now I don't think he cuts it.

Back
Top Bottom