• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Toy Pony Sparks Bomb Scare In Orlando

As I see it, there has to be a line between "It could be a bomb, under highly unlikely circumstances, so we'll check it" and "There is only a tiny chance that is a bomb, it will cause too much disruption to make it worth checking".

Is there some formula to determine "the toy pony is in a suspicious location, must detonate to check" as opposed to "the toy pony is near a school, not suspicious, no need to worry".

I think some paranoid parent/passerby called the cops or they never would have given it a thought.

I bet the bomb squad will be telling this story decades in the future..."remember that time we had to blow up a toy pony?" :lol:

But really - how do you determine what is a threat and what is not?

I think it has to remain a judgment call - if you make arbitrary standards, terrorists might use such to plan an attack that doesn't trigger a response.

Better to have people/police/whatever make a judgment call on each situation.

Back
Top Bottom