• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Toy gun saves family from intruder

Jerry

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Toy gun saves family from intruder
Posted: 06/27/13 at 6:40 am EDT Last Updated: 06/27/13 at 8:11 am EDT

DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. (WSVN) -- A toy air-soft gun became just what a family needed to protect themselves from a would-be robber.

Monday night, Roland Stuart broke into a family's home and approached Jane Rainboth's room as she was sleeping. She then reached for the 9mm handgun that was placed by her bedside. When the intruder caught sight of the threat at hand, he ran back outside the house for safety, where he would later be caught by Broward Sheriff's Office deputies. The robber failed to notice the orange tip of the gun, giving away the fact that the 9mm was instead a toy gun. The family's "attack dog" barked and gave Rainboth just enough notice to wake up and reach for the toy gun just as the robber was turning the corner to her room.

When Joshua Rainboth first spray-painted the gun, he never thought it would end up saving his mother's life. "It's funny because when I first did it they got mad at me," Rainboth said. "They told me I was going to get myself in trouble for spray-painting it black."

Due to the act of the crime, the judge decided to triple the fundamental bond to $75,000.

See related material:

Good on the judge for upping the bond, while it was good she protected her family with a toy I would hope she gets a real gun and training in case there is a next time. I'm just worried that now his buddies will hit her place again, knowing that the "gun" is fake.

Last edited:
How many seconds before someone comes on to say "See??? You don't need REAL guns!!!"

Yes its unfortunately I'm sure Joe Biden is all over adding these to his shotgun arsenal.

Toy weapons are toys that mimic real weapons, but are designed to be fun for the kids to play, not dangerous.Some is basically similar to the real thing, but less powerful. Weapons of cutting and stabbing have dull blades usually plastic. Weapon previously made ​​of metal, wood, now often made ​​of lightweight material such as plastic.

How many seconds before someone comes on to say "See??? You don't need REAL guns!!!"

So the dog bark gave her JUST ENOUGH time to react. And the deputies got there when? Doubtful in enough time to stop the crook from entering the bedroom.

Back
Top Bottom