• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Toxic Train Wrecks. Failed Banks. Pandemics. Thanks Republicans!

Considering that most of Biden's people are former Obama people (who have done this all before) your argument has zero merit.....Senile Joe is both incompetent and wrong on policy and that's the problem and why we're in the shape we're in today
OH because of that they are suppose to know EVERYTHING the Trump admin was doing and how they were doing it
BS
and NOT everyone of them were from the Obama admin
Have a nice day

Considering that most of Biden's people are former Obama people (who have done this all before) your argument has zero merit.....Senile Joe is both incompetent and wrong on policy and that's the problem and why we're in the shape we're in today
and another thing The biggest person the right is calling incompetent lately is Mayor Pete , he was NOT in the Obama admin and had NO idea what the Transportation Sec,'s Job totally consisted of , and NOT having a Transition team to help him find out what it consisted of , how to do it and what the last Sec, of Trans. was doing it took him time to figure it out. and JUST MAYBE IF there was a Transition team in place the mistakes he and people like him in the Biden admin made would have NOT been made because they would have had a LOT better idea of what to do
as I said IMO Trump did this because he is a little crybaby and wanted this admin to make mistakes so he and his followers could say see how incompetent Biden and his admin are.
Have a nice day

But deregulating banks had nothing to do with a train wreck. Are you telling me you’re willing to repeat a known false claim because your idealogical opponents do?

I didn't say that bank deregulation caused a train wreck, but thank you for attempting to speak for me.
If you want to look up causes of the train wreck in Ohio, I am sure you will find the answers to that, too.

Ask any Republican why Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) failed and they will spit out “woke,” along with some acronyms that are meaningless to probably 99% of the American public: DEI and ESG. That would be “diversity, equity, and inclusion” and “environmental, social, and governance” guidelines, the things they’re trying to replace “CRT” with as made-up acronymic scary things.

That’s a lot easier than dealing with reality. Trump and the GOP deregulated rails, and we got East Palestine. Trump and Republicans, primarily, rolled back some Dodd-Frank banking rules, and we got SVB.

Remember this from early March 2020?

“Trump disbanded NSC pandemic unit that experts had praised.” When Trump was declaring that COVID-19 “came out of nowhere” and “blindsided the world,” after he had disbanded the National Security Council directorate “charged with preparing for when, not if, another pandemic would hit the nation.”

Yeah, that.

It all comes down to a “small-government” GOP that’s become so obsessed with the “small” that they’ve abandoned the “government” part.

Should I point out that the investment risk in this case was in treasury bonds?

And that treasury bonds became a risk because of inflation fueled by profligate Government spending?

And that that profligate spending was made possible by the sale of Treasury bonds?

circle-of-life.gif

I didn't say that bank deregulation caused a train wreck, but thank you for attempting to speak for me.
If you want to look up causes of the train wreck in Ohio, I am sure you will find the answers to that, too.
You were defending a statement made by someone else. My apologizes for mixing you two up.

The banks that failed recently failed “because of Dems' economic policies.” Wheres the banks that failed under the Republicans are also the fault of the “liberals.” But as @Fishking will tell you, those sneaky Dems are “really good at never taking blame for their own actions.” If only they could be as pure as the GOP!

I didn’t actually say anything about why any bank collapsed. Just amused at the partisan doublethink of blaming the Dems for SVB and then also blaming them for the bank collapses of the Trump administration.
You're right you didn't say anything specific, because that would require you to acknowledge reality instead of sticking to rhetoric. Also, as more information is coming out, we are finding that the banks had terrible investments because they were more interested in pushing for leftist social justice nonsense instead of sound investments, like a bank should be doing. Now we have to foot the bill for your indolent and idiotic ideology while basically destroying the entire banking system? Yeah, that totally makes sense.
US Bonds.jpg

In your analysis of why SVB failed, you have mysteriously omitted the $3 trillion Trump injected into the economy in 2020. Do you think that contributed to the collapse of SVB or was it all the “large influx of cash due to all the money the Biden admin dumped into the economy”?
Who injected $3 trillion into the economy? Something, something, Congress, sometime, something, Dems pushing to print more and more money while the GOP tried to limit it? In conclusion, you have nothing but are desperately trying to cover up that fact.

You're right you didn't say anything specific, because that would require you to acknowledge reality instead of sticking to rhetoric. Also, as more information is coming out, we are finding that the banks had terrible investments because they were more interested in pushing for leftist social justice nonsense instead of sound investments, like a bank should be doing. Now we have to foot the bill for your indolent and idiotic ideology while basically destroying the entire banking system? Yeah, that totally makes sense.
View attachment 67440893

Who injected $3 trillion into the economy? Something, something, Congress, sometime, something, Dems pushing to print more and more money while the GOP tried to limit it? In conclusion, you have nothing but are desperately trying to cover up that fact.

Well, worry not, Goldman Sachs is going to make a killing off of SVB! Shew! ;)

Their policies contributed to the runaway inflation. The Fed had to react to it, unless you're cool with 9% inflation.

Government spending fueled by selling low yield bonds caused the inflation that killed low yield bonds.

You were defending a statement made by someone else. My apologizes for mixing you two up.
My overall point is, deregulation isn't some fun hobby, and it screws a lot of shit up in very predictable ways because human nature dictates that we have to have safety standards that work like guardrails.
And when political parties make points by erasing those guardrails, they do not WANT to think about the future knock-on effects, because they want everyone to live "in the moment" when in reality this stuff is always long term and it's dumb to make in the moment decisions about stuff that has long term future consequences.
And the history of this is pointing to some key moments when sensible regulations were shoved aside.
It doesn't matter if it's banks, or trains, or "the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow"...there's a good reason why many of these safety standards and regulations were put in place originally.

Most of us have already SEEN Ghostbusters, right?

Exactly which policies?
Injecting tons of money into the economy when we are coming out of lockdowns and then the banks themselves choosing poor investments for leftist social justice BS instead of doing actual good sound investments.

View attachment 67440893

You’re kind of all over the place here. As you acknowledge, I didn’t say anything about why the banks failed so I don’t know why you’re flailing about trying to attribute an argument or ideology to me, “indolent” or otherwise.

I also don’t know why you’re getting upset about “social justice nonsense” when yesterday you said SVB failed because Biden put too much money into the economy resulting in them investing heavily in “safe investment into government bonds”. Indeed, that’s what that graph you provided refers to. How you can complain about Biden’s stimulus spending and ignore Trump’s is that partisan doublethink you seem so enamoured with. The CARES Act was crafted by his administration and put $2.2 Trillion into the economy in March 2020.

Regardless, what banks invest in is their own business. When banks go bust, it’s usually bankers who are to blame. Politicians usually end up saving them at the detriment to the rest of us.

Injecting tons of money into the economy when we are coming out of lockdowns and then the banks themselves choosing poor investments for leftist social justice BS instead of doing actual good sound investments.
Exactly how much money and how?
How do you know exactly what poor investments all the banks chose?
Exactly which leftist social justice investments were chosen by what banks?
How did Democratic policies affect and control banking investments?
Exactly what ‘good investments’ were ignored by which banks that would have alleviated the SVP bank issues?
Please educate me with your banking wisdom.

My overall point is, deregulation isn't some fun hobby, and it screws a lot of shit up in very predictable ways because human nature dictates that we have to have safety standards that work like guardrails.
And when political parties make points by erasing those guardrails, they do not WANT to think about the future knock-on effects, because they want everyone to live "in the moment" when in reality this stuff is always long term and it's dumb to make in the moment decisions about stuff that has long term future consequences.
And the history of this is pointing to some key moments when sensible regulations were shoved aside.
It doesn't matter if it's banks, or trains, or "the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow"...there's a good reason why many of these safety standards and regulations were put in place originally.

Most of us have already SEEN Ghostbusters, right?

All fair points. My only point was the deregulation had nothing to do with the Ohio derailment. And I do hope we have all seen Ghostbusters.

AgAIN...EVERYHTING sENILE jOE HAS TOUCHED HAS TURNED TO SHIT
But everything non senile legitimate President Joe Biden has touched has not turned to shit.
In fact nothing has.
So there is that.
Its not a problem with transition....its a problem with incompetence and failed policy.
There is no incompetence and or failed policy.
Joe Biden is not new on the scene.
Well, you finally got one right!
Good for you!
...he has a 40+ year record of being wrong most things and on the wrong side of just about every argument.
Then you go and blow that one right thing all to hell with that total BS claptrap.

Should have stopped when you were at least one ahead!

Just maybe IF Biden and his admin. had the benefit of having a transition team to help them take over the Government like EVERY other admin had they may not have made those mistakes in the first year or so but They didn't.
<Heavily Snipped Post For Clarity>
Have a nice day
I have to somewhat disagree with you there regarding the supposed setback to the Biden Administration from KING MAGAT not having in play a knowledgeable and professional Transition Team for the incoming President, Joe Biden.

I think if by that time Joe Biden was lacking in any knowledge regarding how things should go, it would be his failing, considering he was there for the Transition from President Bush to the Obama administration, he was there when the Obama administration began a second term, but had no doubt made some prep for possibly leaving the White House, and he was there for the Obama Transition over to the KING MAGAT administration.

Not like any of it was his first rodeo as they say?

What hurt the legitimate President Joe Biden administration, right out of the gate, was the overall shambles KING MAGAT left all of D.C. and America in when he left the White House.

You’re kind of all over the place here. As you acknowledge, I didn’t say anything about why the banks failed so I don’t know why you’re flailing about trying to attribute an argument or ideology to me, “indolent” or otherwise.
Because you came in to pipe up without bringing anything to the table.
I also don’t know why you’re getting upset about “social justice nonsense” when yesterday you said SVB failed because Biden put too much money into the economy resulting in them investing heavily in “safe investment into government bonds”. Indeed, that’s what that graph you provided refers to. How you can complain about Biden’s stimulus spending and ignore Trump’s is that partisan doublethink you seem so enamoured with. The CARES Act was crafted by his administration and put $2.2 Trillion into the economy in March 2020.
Also, I said the banks are failing because of what Dems have pushed, not Biden, so try and stick to reading fundamentals, or honesty, whichever failure you're having there. Further, it can be more than one contributing cause. I know that's super duper hard for a leftist like you to understand.
Regardless, what banks invest in is their own business. When banks go bust, it’s usually bankers who are to blame. Politicians usually end up saving them at the detriment to the rest of us.
When banks get shit on by leftists and pressured to give unsafe investments then it's not just the banks. Same thing happened when leftist pressured banks to give housing loans out that they wouldn't have before and created the mortgage bubble that was full of toxic subprime mortgages. Pretty much a liberal should never touch anything related to economics. They are nearly always wrong, just like all the idiotic Keynesian economists are always wrong.

Exactly how much money and how?
How do you know exactly what poor investments all the banks chose?
Exactly which leftist social justice investments were chosen by what banks?
How did Democratic policies affect and control banking investments?
Exactly what ‘good investments’ were ignored by which banks that would have alleviated the SVP bank issues?
Please educate me with your banking wisdom.
US Bonds.jpg

Their policies contributed to the runaway inflation.
The general consensus is that the ARP contributed less than 2% to PCE. Even your guys, AEI, as the wacko macro outsiders say less than 3%.

Oil price spikes from an economy coming back to full employment combined with Putin, increased consumer demand because of an economy coming back to life with supply line issues, big jumps in housing demand (read: price inflation) due to covid and low borrowing rates.....all contributed much more to US....and worldwide....inflation since 2021.

I have to somewhat disagree with you there regarding the supposed setback to the Biden Administration from KING MAGAT not having in play a knowledgeable and professional Transition Team for the incoming President, Joe Biden.

I think if by that time Joe Biden was lacking in any knowledge regarding how things should go, it would be his failing, considering he was there for the Transition from President Bush to the Obama administration, he was there when the Obama administration began a second term, but had no doubt made some prep for possibly leaving the White House, and he was there for the Obama Transition over to the KING MAGAT administration.

Not like any of it was his first rodeo as they say?

What hurt the legitimate President Joe Biden administration, right out of the gate, was the overall shambles KING MAGAT left all of D.C. and America in when he left the White House.
So what your saying is Biden is suppose to know every job in his cabinet and should have taken time to show the new people how to do it and what the last admin was doing?
I think NOT.
Yea he should have had an idea of what the President does and what the VP does, but when it comes to things like the Transportation Sec.s job NO.
I think that a LOT of the mistakes that Pete B and some of the NEW people in his admin. might NOT have been made IF there was a transition team put in place by Trump,
Trump was being a little crybaby back then crying and kicking saying the election was stolen from him and He was the real President and He was NOT going to help the Biden team at all.
and you can say what you want but I think he knew by doing so it was going to take the new admin some time to figure out what their NEW jobs were , what the old admin was doing and how they were doing it and what had to be done and WOULD be making mistakes and when they did Him and his followers were going to start saying see how incompetent Biden and his admin are.
as we can see most of all the other incoming Presidents cabinets from the beginning of our country did not make so many mistakes as Bidens has and I believe that is because they had the benefit of having a Transition team to help them and Bidens did NOT.
Have a nice day

The general consensus is that the ARP contributed less than 2% to PCE. Even your guys, AEI, as the wacko macro outsiders say less than 3%.
2-3% is significant.
Oil price spikes from an economy coming back to full employment combined with Putin, increased consumer demand because of an economy coming back to life with supply line issues, big jumps in housing demand (read: price inflation) due to covid and low borrowing rates.....all contributed much more to US....and worldwide....inflation since 2021.
Oil prices increased from economic actions taken by us to get involved in the conflict.

You do understand that lower US bond yield is correlated to greater demand for said bond? People are moving to something more secure.
Except when the Fed had to increase interest rates, making their investment in the previous bonds a money loss. Normally they are very safe.

2-3% is significant.
tomorrow will become today....om.
Oil prices increased from economic actions taken by us to get involved in the conflict.
another claim without merit, you again can't describe the level or the timing. Protip: WORLD oil prices are EXTREMELY sensitive to major military conflict, which is predicated on the initial belligerent. Putin caused the conflict, not Joe. This conflict began before Joe became POTUS.

tomorrow will become today....om.

another claim without merit, you again can't describe the level or the timing. Protip: WORLD oil prices are EXTREMELY sensitive to major military conflict, which is predicated on the initial belligerent. Putin caused the conflict, not Joe. This conflict began before Joe became POTUS.
Without merit, eh?

Back
Top Bottom