• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Toxic Train Wrecks. Failed Banks. Pandemics. Thanks Republicans!

I'm sorry that you're ignorant of why SVB failed. Though I'll help alleviate you of your ignorance. SVB received a large influx of cash due to all the money the Biden admin dumped into the economy. They went with what normally is a safe investment into government bonds with that money. With the Biden admin's excessive and unneeded economic stimulus the inflation rates became much worse. This required the Fed to increase interest rates and then that tanked SVB's investments into government bonds.

Now, point to anything specific Trump, or the GOP did, that made any particular bank fail.
I didn’t actually say anything about why any bank collapsed. Just amused at the partisan doublethink of blaming the Dems for SVB and then also blaming them for the bank collapses of the Trump administration.

In your analysis of why SVB failed, you have mysteriously omitted the $3 trillion Trump injected into the economy in 2020. Do you think that contributed to the collapse of SVB or was it all the “large influx of cash due to all the money the Biden admin dumped into the economy”?

Ask any Republican why Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) failed and they will spit out “woke,” along with some acronyms that are meaningless to probably 99% of the American public: DEI and ESG. That would be “diversity, equity, and inclusion” and “environmental, social, and governance” guidelines, the things they’re trying to replace “CRT” with as made-up acronymic scary things.

That’s a lot easier than dealing with reality. Trump and the GOP deregulated rails, and we got East Palestine. Trump and Republicans, primarily, rolled back some Dodd-Frank banking rules, and we got SVB.

Remember this from early March 2020?

“Trump disbanded NSC pandemic unit that experts had praised.” When Trump was declaring that COVID-19 “came out of nowhere” and “blindsided the world,” after he had disbanded the National Security Council directorate “charged with preparing for when, not if, another pandemic would hit the nation.”

Yeah, that.

It all comes down to a “small-government” GOP that’s become so obsessed with the “small” that they’ve abandoned the “government” part.

Yeah, it's all Republicans fault. You've been completely brain washed by DailyKrap and the rest of the loony left. Trump hasn't been President for over two years.

“Trump disbanded NSC pandemic unit that experts had praised.” When Trump was declaring that COVID-19 “came out of nowhere” and “blindsided the world,” after he had disbanded the National Security Council directorate “charged with preparing for when, not if, another pandemic would hit the nation.”

These are the same folks who had the bright idea of rolling back regulations for nursing homes (including around infection control) six months before the pandemic started to tear through them.

Doesn’t really matter what the sector is—health care, transportation, banking—their philosophy was that regulation is inherently bad and any regulation eliminated is a great victory (for business). We’ll all be dealing with the fallout of that philosophy for some time to come.

Thank GOD ALMIGHTY they are on the plate of a man capable of handling them aka Joe Biden.
Yeah.....sure. Senile dumbass Joe Biden has shown exactly zero evidence of being able to successfully run anything.....except into the ground....which is what he's doing to our country!

Literally every single thing Senile Joe has touched has turned to shit!!

Yeah.....sure. Senile dumbass Joe Biden has shown exactly zero evidence of being able to successfully run anything.....except into the ground....which is what he's doing to our country!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

What idiotic partisan bias, not only that it is sans any real facts.

Interesting question.

I don't blame KING MAGAT for the East Palestine derailment.

Of course he did nothing in regards Rail Industry Safety measures or regulations in his term in the presidency that might have prevented it.

But of course that is not cause to lay blame at his feet, President Biden hasn't really done anything in this regard either, so far in his term.

Lord knows the Rail Industry themselves could take all of the safety measures that might or could have prevented this East Palestine accident.

But they haven't, and still do not plan to.

So there is that.

Back to your "interesting question" as I mentioned.

It is interesting to me, now don't get all chagrined, or put off, that I apply your type thinking to Right Wing talking points, in regards THE BIG LIE, which has been FULLY AND DECISIVELY DEBUNKED, untold and unimaginable times, and like your question, how many (more) times must those claims be debunked before MAGATS stop repeating THE BIG LIE.

So, how many more times must this, THE BIG LIE debunking, going on 3 years now, be continually debunked, time and time after time again.

Now mind you, I am not making you the sole person for my query, you could answer if you wished, or not, rather it is going out to all on the Right; Republicans, R-Wingers, MAGATS et al.
"President " Biden was the big lie.

I'm sorry that you're ignorant of why SVB failed. Though I'll help alleviate you of your ignorance. SVB received a large influx of cash due to all the money the Biden admin dumped into the economy. They went with what normally is a safe investment into government bonds with that money. With the Biden admin's excessive and unneeded economic stimulus the inflation rates became much worse. This required the Fed to increase interest rates and then that tanked SVB's investments into government bonds.

Now, point to anything specific Trump, or the GOP did, that made any particular bank fail.
So Trump's stimulus didn't count, it was just Biden's stimulus?? Does dumping a bunch of money into the economy only count when the one doing it has a D after their name?

So Trump's stimulus didn't count, it was just Biden's stimulus?? Does dumping a bunch of money into the economy only count when the one doing it has a D after their name?
Biden "stimulated" an already hot economy.

Meanwhile, is Biden enabling MAGA-like policies such as protectionism via the Inflation Reduction Act and supporting Alaska oil projects?

Yes I know Biden and his admin have made some mistakes in the last two years mostly in the first year.
So I will ask this again , seeing I have not got an answer yet from people on the right .
just maybe IF Biden and his admin. had the benefit of having a transition team to help them take over the Government like EVERY other admin had they may not have made those mistakes in the first year or so but They didn't.
Trump didn't put a transition team together to help the new admin take over , IMO I think he WAS TRYING to make the Biden admin. FAIL ,
he is such a crybaby and liar he kept trying to get the election over turned and didn't so he didn't want to give the Biden admin ANY help
SO the Biden admin had to take over and had to figure out just what each of their jobs entailed , what to do, how to do it , what the Trump admin did , what they were doing and how they were doing it,
so does anybody on the right think IF they had that transition team like EVERY other Presidents admin had to help them hit the ground running on their first day they might not have made so many mistakes and everything wouldn't have turned to shit?
Have a nice day

How many times does this talking point have to be debunked before people like yourself stop repeating it?
Less times than it's going to take before Trumpers stop believing the lie of the Stolen Election.
Seriously, it takes real chutzpah to sit on the throne throwing rocks at the end result of deregulating banks like your hero Trump did.

1678855457849.png
"It was trust that Silicon Valley Bank’s CEO, Greg Becker, asked for when he lobbied in 2015 for Congress to raise the size threshold for stricter banking oversight under the Dodd-Frank Act so that midsize banks like his would be exempt. “SVB, like our midsized peers, does not present systemic risks,” he testified. In 2018, President Donald Trump granted his wish, signing a law that rolled back regulations on all but the country’s largest banks.
"But the trust that the U.S. government showed in the bank’s ability to self-regulate wasn’t repaid by the industry whose interests it was built to serve. The bank failed, not because it couldn’t make ends meet day-to-day, but because it lacked the liquidity to handle a huge portion of its depositors pulling their money all at once — which is exactly what happened on Thursday, with investors and founders sounding the alarm via group texts and Slack messages as they raced to get ahead of a crash of their own making. By day’s end, they had withdrawn $42 billion, enough to take down the country’s 16th-largest bank.
[...]
"One of those luminaries, the venture capitalist Peter Thiel, may have helped to kick-start the bank run when his Founders Fund pulled all of its money from Silicon Valley Bank before Thursday and advised companies to do the same, according to reports by Bloomberg News.
"Days later, Thiel’s longtime friend and fellow right-leaning venture capitalist David Sacks called on U.S. leaders to “stop this crisis NOW” or else “there will be contagion and the crisis will spread.” This was the same Sacks who criticized President Biden’s student loan forgiveness as a “trillion-dollar giveaway with zero reform of the underlying system.” Sacks is also part of Elon Musk’s inner circle, having worked with both Musk and Thiel at PayPal.

just maybe IF Biden and his admin. had the benefit of having a transition team to help them take over the Government like EVERY other admin had they may not have made those mistakes in the first year or so but They didn't.

THIS ⬆️⬆️⬆️0007-bow.gif
Thanks Trump!
1678856168228.png

Last edited:
Lol...banks failed because of Dems' economic policies. They are really good at never taking blame for their own actions.
Exactly which policies?

Seems to sum up very well where this thread is headed...

get-more-popcorn.jpg

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

What idiotic partisan bias, not only that it is sans any real facts.
AgAIN...EVERYHTING sENILE jOE HAS TOUCHED HAS TURNED TO SHIT
Yes I know Biden and his admin have made some mistakes in the last two years mostly in the first year.
So I will ask this again , seeing I have not got an answer yet from people on the right .
Trump didn't put a transition team together to help the new admin take over , IMO I think he WAS TRYING to make the Biden admin. FAIL ,
he is such a crybaby and liar he kept trying to get the election over turned and didn't so he didn't want to give the Biden admin ANY help
SO the Biden admin had to take over and had to figure out just what each of their jobs entailed , what to do, how to do it , what the Trump admin did , what they were doing and how they were doing it,
so does anybody on the right think IF they had that transition team like EVERY other Presidents admin had to help them hit the ground running on their first day they might not have made so many mistakes and everything wouldn't have turned to shit?
Have a nice day
Its not a problem with transition....its a problem with incompetence and failed policy.

Joe Biden is not new on the scene....he has a 40+ year record of being wrong most things and on the wrong side of just about every argument.

Ask any Republican why Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) failed and they will spit out “woke,” along with some acronyms that are meaningless to probably 99% of the American public: DEI and ESG. That would be “diversity, equity, and inclusion” and “environmental, social, and governance” guidelines, the things they’re trying to replace “CRT” with as made-up acronymic scary things.

That’s a lot easier than dealing with reality. Trump and the GOP deregulated rails, and we got East Palestine. Trump and Republicans, primarily, rolled back some Dodd-Frank banking rules, and we got SVB.

Yeah, that.

It all comes down to a “small-government” GOP that’s become so obsessed with the “small” that they’ve abandoned the “government” part.

The President needs to stop blaming others and do his job.

— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) April 21, 2020

AgAIN...EVERYHTING sENILE jOE HAS TOUCHED HAS TURNED TO SHIT

Its not a problem with transition....its a problem with incompetence and failed policy.

Joe Biden is not new on the scene....he has a 40+ year record of being wrong most things and on the wrong side of just about every argument.
I was NOT talking about Biden.
the Biden people did NOT have the benefit of a Transition team so are you saying because there was NO transition team these people were just able to walk in NOT knowing just what their Jobs consisted of , how to do their new jobs , what the last Admin was doing and how they were doing it they should have known all this?
BS that is JUST what a Transition team is suppose to teach the next admin. not just leave them out to hang.
AGAIN EVERY OTHER President in the history of this country put together a Transition team so that the NEXT admin. would know what their jobs consisted of , how to do them and what the last admin was doing ,
IF these people had had the benefit of a TRANSITION TEAM they might not have been so Incompetent THEY would have known what their job was and how to do it BEFORE they took over
Trump did NOT put a transition team in place to help the new admin take over and I think he did it just so people like you could call the Biden admin incompetent and he IMO did it just so he could say SEE what did I tell you they don't know what they are doing and they WOULD FAIL.
SO YES a LOT of this so called incompetence could have been avoided IF only Trump hadn't been such a child crybaby and had done what EVERY other President in the history of this country has done.
and I will ask you again do you think these NEW people should have known all about the jobs , what the job consisted of , How to do everything involved in those jobs and how to do them , what the last admin .was doing , how they were doing it all with out any info from the last admin?
I think NOT
Have a nice day

I was NOT talking about Biden.
the Biden people did NOT have the benefit of a Transition team so are you saying because there was NO transition team these people were just able to walk in NOT knowing just what their Jobs consisted of , how to do their new jobs , what the last Admin was doing and how they were doing it they should have known all this?
BS that is JUST what a Transition team is suppose to teach the next admin. not just leave them out to hang.
AGAIN EVERY OTHER President in the history of this country put together a Transition team so that the NEXT admin. would know what their jobs consisted of , how to do them and what the last admin was doing ,
IF these people had had the benefit of a TRANSITION TEAM they might not have been so Incompetent THEY would have known what their job was and how to do it BEFORE they took over
Trump did NOT put a transition team in place to help the new admin take over and I think he did it just so people like you could call the Biden admin incompetent and he IMO did it just so he could say SEE what did I tell you they don't know what they are doing and they WOULD FAIL.
SO YES a LOT of this so called incompetence could have been avoided IF only Trump hadn't been such a child crybaby and had done what EVERY other President in the history of this country has done.
and I will ask you again do you think these NEW people should have known all about the jobs , what the job consisted of , How to do everything involved in those jobs and how to do them , what the last admin .was doing , how they were doing it all with out any info from the last admin?
I think NOT
Have a nice day

Considering that most of Biden's people are former Obama people (who have done this all before) your argument has zero merit.....Senile Joe is both incompetent and wrong on policy and that's the problem and why we're in the shape we're in today

Back
Top Bottom