• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Toxic Masculinity

Well if you don't know a single woman like that it must mean it's true. I am sorry but do you have anything to back up what you state as facts other then you own experience. Personnel anecdotes don't cut it. Because as I said mine don't reflect yours at all. And I to have lived all over.

Your post was based on the same thing. Bit of a hypocrit, eh?

All I said is that it evidently depends on who you're hanging out with. I never denied such women exist.

Since I don't have any men like that in my world because I have more self-regard than that, it stands to reason the women I know probably would too, doesn't it?

I'm certainly glad I keep better company.

Your post was based on the same thing. Bit of a hypocrit, eh?

All I said is that it evidently depends on who you're hanging out with. I never denied such women exist.

Since I don't have any men like that in my world because I have more self-regard than that, it stands to reason the women I know probably would too, doesn't it?

I'm certainly glad I keep better company.
Really. Where did I try and claim how people were. I simply stated my experience.
The difference was I am not the one making claims as to how people are or what type of women want what type of men. That was all you.

Trying to make claims as to how people are based off of ones personal experiences always leads to bad conclusions. One would think by now you would realize that.

And thank you for further proving my point about your limited knowledge base.

None. I've accurately described the subject of the image in question, and the creators' obvious intention in portraying him in that manner.

Lulz. Perhaps in your own fetid imagination, but not in this thing we collectively recognize as reality.

You're the kind who keeps advertisers in business: easily suckered by an image.

Lulz. Perhaps in your own fetid imagination, but not in this thing we collectively recognize as reality.

You're the kind who keeps advertisers in business: easily suckered by an image.

Uh-huh... And I'm sure it was all just a "coincidence" that the powers that be apparently thought the best "poster boy" to hawk Obamacare to Millennials was someone who basically looked like a walking caricature of the very sorts of "trendy" hyper-Left Wing Hipsters and College Communists largely responsible for putting Obama in office to begin with.

Right? :roll:

Out of curiosity, do you people ever get tired of bald faced lying about the obvious and self-evident, or are you so desensitized to it by now that the whole thing basically just comes as unbidden reflex?

Last edited:
Uh-huh... And I'm sure it was all just a "coincidence" that the powers that be apparently thought the best "poster boy" to hawk Obamacare to Millennials was someone who basically looked like a walking caricature of the very sorts of "trendy" hyper-Left Wing Hipsters and College Communists largely responsible for putting Obama in office to begin with.

Out of curiosity, do you people ever get tired of bald faced lying about the obvious and self-evident, or are you so desensitized to it by now that the whole thing basically just comes as unbidden reflex?

Your self-esteem issues and emtional projection duly noted, m'am.

Oh, sorry. You're such an emotinally delicate little snowflake, it was hard to be sure.

I won't make the same mistake again, fembot.

Rather sexist, don't you think? :roll:

Also, LOL at the obvious troll talking about anyone other than himself having emotional or "self-esteem" issues.

No, I haven't.

If toxic femininity is rare, it will be talked about less than something common. This isn't rocket science.

Toxic masculinity does occur and examples are easy to find. The fact that you can't identify the reverse tells me it's less common.

Well, you jumped to a lot of wild conclusions without any evidence. I choose not to engage in labeling people for being toxic based on their sex for the same reason I point out the hypocrisy in the left's constant race baiting. It doesn't get us any where. It does us no good to yell names back and forth crossed the aisle. We aren't solving any problems. Maybe that's why the house and senate have consistently polled in the teens. This is just another left wing name calling episode and I'm just not going to take part in it.

Keep in mind that, by her own admission, Smoke keeps very "specific" company, and makes a point of shutting out anyone who fails to live up to the subjective personal and ideological standards she sets both for herself and other people.

She's probably telling the truth. That fact also almost certainly doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, given that the pool she's drawing from is so inherently small and ultra-specialized.

To be fair, we all do that to a degree when we talk about issues like this. However, her claim that all men that are older than 50 are like this guy is complete garbage that is based on absolutely nothing.

Actually I see women dating men like that all the time. And where I am at makes very little difference. Be it North Carolina, Seattle or Okinawa. it's pretty much the same all over. Not sure where you are at but what you say has not been my experience.

Mine neither. I have lived in the northeast, the midwest, the south, the west and even France, and in every last one of them I see saw these kind of guys with women all the time.

people eat that show up apparently

I couldn't get past ten minutes when I checked it out to see what all the hype was about

much ado about nothing but it certainly brings in the dollars

this is why our brains are mush

To be fair, we all do that to a degree when we talk about issues like this. However, her claim that all men that are older than 50 are like this guy is complete garbage that is based on absolutely nothing.

Eh. Smoke's a bit more extreme than most, from what she's said about herself. She basically seems to only look for companionship in the urban, far-Left Millennial "alternative" (and preferably 'artsy') crowd, and go deliberately out of her way to avoid much of anyone else.

Sooo... Yeah. When she talks about the people she hangs out with, you should probably just go ahead and assume that she's talking about a collection of individuals who could probably give the cast of "Girls" a run for their money as far as being kind of "out there" goes. There's not anything wrong with that, per se. However, it does make things kind of laughable when she wants to come on here and make all these sweeping generalizations about what "everyone" must be like, based upon her own (extraordinarily limited) social group.

Ironically, for as prickly and judgmental as I am on here, I'm actually not all that picky when it comes to the company I keep in real life. Comes with being military, I suppose. You make things work in public, and judge in private. lol

The only groups I really can't tolerate are... Well, the groups Smoke seems to run with (and hippies - Screw hippies). They're just too weird, too difficult, get into too much trouble, and are waaay too self-righteously in your face about all of it.

Last edited:

So now he's "trendy" instead of "effeminate" and "weak" and "a dork" and "a man child."

Your assumptions seem constantly in flux.

So now he's "trendy" instead of "effeminate" and "weak" and "a dork" and "a man child."

Your assumptions seem constantly in flux.

The "trend" in question happens to focus around making ones self into an "effeminate," "weak," and "dorky," "man child."

Again, this really isn't a hard concept.

The "trend" in question happens to focus around making ones self into an "effeminate," "weak," and "dorky," "man child."

Again, this really isn't a hard concept.

Hahahha sure. Because he's not holding a burger.

How old are you? Because you know every generation does this right? KIDS THESE DAYS AND THEIR WEIRD CLOTHES AND MUSIC *shakes fist*

Hahahha sure. Because he's not holding a burger.

How old are you? Because you know every generation does this right? KIDS THESE DAYS AND THEIR WEIRD CLOTHES AND MUSIC *shakes fist*

Again, it's a cultural movement basically built from the ground up around defying traditional social expectations and masculinity in particular - eschewing everything from professional success and "grown up" seriousness, to physical strength and presence, in the process. The end result of that has been to create a veritable legion of over-privileged effeminate dorks and stupidly dressed weaklings who pollute our society's gentrified urban centers, throw temper-tantrums over alleged "social injustice" on sites like Facebook and Twitter, and religiously vote for Leftist political candidates every four to eight years like clock-work.

I'm sure you already know all of this (you're almost certainly an example of this phenomena yourself, after all), so why you continue to beat a dead horse trying to deny it is completely beyond me. Are posting just to read your own text at this point, or what?

Last edited:
Again, it's a cultural movement basically built from the ground up around defying the social expectations of masculinity - eschewing everything from professional success and "grown up" seriousness, to physical strength and presence. The end result of that has been to create a veritable legion of over-privileged effeminate dorks and stupidly dressed weaklings who pollute our society's gentrified urban centers, throw temper-tantrums over alleged social injustice over Facebook and Twitter, and religiously vote for Leftist political candidates every four to eight years like clock-work.

I'm sure you already know (you're almost certainly an example of this phenomena yourself, after), so why you continue to beat a dead horse over it is completely beyond me. Are posting just to read your own text at this point, or what?

Drinking coffee and talking about health care makes you a weakling. Got it.

Yeah. When people talk about toxic masculinity, they're talking about you. The fact that somebody doesn't want to fistbump while stuffing bacon into their mouth and slapping each other on the ass after a game of football is somehow personally offensive to you. It prompts these long, vicious rants about some guy you've never even met. Just what is it about those glasses that prompts such hate?

You even turned your hate at me, another person you've never met. Clearly I'm an effeminate weakling because I don't go off on a tirade over a picture used in some advertising campaign. Well, I'm not that guy's age, I eat meat at basically every single meal, and I fly jets for a living. Can I have my man card now, mister manly man's man?

Last edited:
Question for the floor:

How much do I need to spend in a strip club to atone for my crimes against masculinity in this thread, do you think?

No, being a weakling makes one a weakling. I'm sorry, but the fact of the matter is that the vast majority of the urban Millennial Hipster and Pinko crowd which the stereotype in that image represents more than fits the bill.

Yeah. When people talk about toxic masculinity, they're talking about you.

And when I wrote the following...

In any case, as far as all this "toxic masculinity" talk is concerned, I'd say it really depends on how one defines the term. A lot of radical feminists like to throw it around as applying to everything from military service and sports participation to basically the entirety of modern culture where it does not directly conform to their own, subjective and ideologically defined, conception of how men "should" not only behave, but also think. Where that usage is concerned, I'd say the whole concept is really only another example of the kind of Orwell-esque cultural authoritarianism and thought-control which the ideological Left has been guilty of trying to impose upon popular discourse in general for years.

...an obnoxious and vocal minority goes deliberately out of its way to not only attack, demonize, and demean traditional masculinity, but prop something obnoxious, like, say, this...

Screen-Shot-2013-12-17-at-9.34.40-PM.jpg

... Up in its place

I was evidently talking about you.

The idea that someone must be suffering from some sort of "toxic" built up of male hormones if they are anything other than a scrawny, effeminate dweeb, perpetually weeping over far-Left "social justice" issues, or that the above is something which the average man should seek to emulate as being in any sense "ideal," is absurd, and rather offensive.

The fact that somebody doesn't want to fistbump while stuffing bacon into their mouth and slapping each other on the ass after a game of football is somehow personally offensive to you. It prompts these long, vicious rants about some guy you've never even met. Just what is it about those glasses that prompts such hate?

You even turned your hate at me, another person you've never met. Clearly I'm an effeminate weakling because I don't go off on a tirade over a picture used in some advertising campaign. Well, I'm not that guy's age, I eat meat at basically every single meal, and I fly jets for a living. Can I have my man card now, mister manly man's man?

Nice Strawmen. :roll:

In any case, you must know how you come off on here. Right? Basically as a contrarian for contrarianism's sake far-Left SJW caricature.

You don't help your case in that regard by crusading in favor of the "Obamacare footie pajamas" kid, and accusing anyone who pokes fun at the image, or what it represents, as being some sort of victim of "toxic masculinity."

Last edited:
No, being a weakling makes one a weakling. I'm sorry, but the fact of the matter is that the vast majority of the urban Millennial Hipster and Pinko crowd which the stereotype in that image represents more than fits the bill.

And when I wrote the following...

I was evidently talking about you.

The idea that someone must be suffering from some sort of "toxic" built up of male hormones if they are anything other than a scrawny, effeminate dweeb, perpetually weeping over far-Left "social justice" issues, or that the above is something which the average man should seek to emulate as being in any sense "ideal," is absurd, and rather offensive.

Nice Strawmen. :roll:

In any case, you must know how you come off on here. Right? Basically as a contrarian for contrarianism's sake Far Left SJW caricature.

You help don't help your case in that regard by going to bat for the "Obama footie pajamas" kid, and accusing anyone who pokes fun at the image, or what it represents, as being some sort of victim of "toxic masculinity."

You're not "poking fun." You're going on angry tirades attacking the guy's character based on characteristics you have no way of determining. You've used the word "weakling" like a dozen times. You're entirely unaware of his workout routine, and you can't see the man's abs. People who model for advertisements are usually in pretty good shape, buddy.

I don't know why you feel so threatened by this kid. But it sure is amusing to watch.

Yeah. When people talk about toxic masculinity, they're talking about you. The fact that somebody doesn't want to fistbump while stuffing bacon into their mouth and slapping each other on the ass after a game of football is somehow personally offensive to you. It prompts these long, vicious rants about some guy you've never even met. Just what is it about those glasses that prompts such hate?

What we have here is that human courting is difficult. There are different people that like different things. And because somebody likes the qualities one person has but the other does not, it makes the others jealous. That jealousy becomes insecurity and eventually leads to people becoming jaded.

You have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your Prince/Princess. It can wear on you. Some people take out their frustration by calling this that don't fit their structure of masculinity man children.

It's basically saying that because one doesn't fit the trend that the system is rigged against them. My thoughts are that people who take issue with men that do "A" and not "B" are insecure with themselves. Because confidence is sexy no matter how it looks these people have difficulty finding companionship and thus feel cheated. Every Disney movie we grew up watching shows the Prince getting his princess.

Dude, somebody out there will appreciate your traditional values, you just need to not give up, look for ladies a little older, and not focus so much on what your aren't but what you are.

You're not "poking fun." You're going on angry tirades attacking the guy's character based on characteristics you have no way of determining.

No, I'm attacking the political and social movement he represents, and its negative influence on contemporary culture.

"Obamacare footie pajamas" kid is exactly the sort who would write an article for Jezebel telling men to "check their privilege," before petitioning for a "Safe Space" because his college asked him to read "Huck Finn" (or hosted a museum exhibit which happened to include a Confederate flag), and then finish off his day with a Bernie Sanders rally, all while living off a stipend from his rich, upper to upper middle class mommy and daddy.

Simply speaking, he represents a culture of weakness, and a sort of "extended adolescence," both intellectually and physically.

Again, You've used the word "weakling" like a dozen times. You're entirely unaware of his workout routine, and you can't see the man's abs. People who model for advertisements are usually in pretty good shape, buddy.

:lamo

He can challenge me to any physical contest, any time he wants. I know who'll win.

It's not even like I'm any kind of "super jock" either. I'm rather decidedly average.

I don't know why you feel so threatened by this kid. But it sure is amusing to watch.

Not "threatened." Again, however, I hardly view what he represents as being in any sense positive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom