• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Toxic Masculinity and the Gun

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
One man, one gun, five women dead in Florida.

One man, one gun, five people dead in Louisiana.

Florida:
The man suspected of killing five women at a Florida bank had interactions with police officers in Indiana in recent years after they received concerned calls reporting his desire to kill or harm people, authorities said.

Zephen Xaver, 21, shot all five people execution-style Wednesday at the SunTrust Bank in Sebring, according to an affidavit released by the Highland County Sheriff's Office.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/25/us/florida-bank-shooting-zephen-xaver/index.html

Louisiana
21-year Dakota Theriot after two Saturday morning shootings in Ascension and Livingston parishes, near Baton Rouge.
"This is probably one of the worst domestic violence incidents I've seen in quite a while," said Ascension Parish Sheriff Bobby Webre.

Theriot is accused of killing his parents...

Theriot is also suspected of killing three more people less than 30 miles northeast in Livingston Parish.
The victims, Billy Ernest, 43, Summer Ernest, 20, and 17-year-old Tanner Ernest, were found dead Saturday morning, the Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office said.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/26/us/louisiana-shootings/index.html

Shot his Parents, girlfriend, her dad and brother.

Boys Gone Wild....aided by a gun.

Florida:

Louisiana

shrug...

Have you ever seen The Walking Dead? They could have done the same thing with an ax or a Samurai sword.

shrug...

Have you ever seen The Walking Dead? They could have done the same thing with an ax or a Samurai sword.
Or a bottle of Jim Beam and a SUV.

shrug...

Looks more like they did it with a gun. But, cool story, broh

Or a bottle of Jim Beam and a SUV.

or two guns...which is what really happened. But, it's nice of you to pretend this thread is about booze and vehicles.

or two guns...which is what really happened. But, it's nice of you to pretend this thread is about booze and vehicles.
How many people do you think died in drunk driving while the two incidents above were happening?

now you're conflating suicides, accidents and homicides. I was addressing homicides.

You're the one bringing cars into a gun thread. At least I am on topic. Maybe you should try doing that.

You're the one bringing cars into a gun thread. At least I am on topic. Maybe you should try doing that.
Comparing causes of death to evaluate the scope of the problem is on topic.

Comparing causes of death to evaluate the scope of the problem is on topic.

Bringing up drunk driving while whining about gun suicides being in gun stats...what is that, exactly?

Yeah, own it.

So the 0P blames masculinity and guns for these two mass murders.

Let's see both were 21 years of age.

Did either of the males have a live in father to teach them how to be a man or were they raised by only a mother who possibly tried to emasculate them. Enquiring minds want to know.

Did either of these males have a history of drug abuse or on medications for psychiatric care? If they didn't have a good father chances are they may have a history of mental issues as would a drug addict.

How many people do you think died in drunk driving while the two incidents above were happening?

There's approximately one death from a drunk driver every 50 minutes.

shrug...

He's trolling. that is the entire purpose of his anti gun thread. best thing to do is ignore it

Bringing up drunk driving while whining about gun suicides being in gun stats...what is that, exactly?

Yeah, own it.

why are you trolling this anti gun bait?

Florida:

Louisiana

Why are you trying to pass insanity off as masculinity?

Also, just to stoke the fires. Did you know women are the number 1 thing at violently killing their own children? For some reason when they snap they target kids. Or shooting guys in their head in their sleep.

Florida:

Louisiana

And that's why we shouldn't let such psychopaths run loose.

Still pushing the suicide I see. That's their choice. What did you say that's callous? No more callous than using them to push an agenda.
Gun suicides count as gun deaths. Why don’t you criticize the people whining about drunk driver deaths? Talking about those are totally irrelevant in a gun thread.

There's approximately one death from a drunk driver every 50 minutes.

There's a gun death every 13.14 minutes. It looks like guns are much more of a problem: 4 times more of a problem; than even drunk driving.

Thanks for pointing that out, Trix. We can always use another ally down here. :)

After the wife and I walk the dogs we plan to head to the range get in a few hundred rounds. Practicing with your firearm and being confident in your abilities is important. I would recommend more people train

After the wife and I walk the dogs we plan to head to the range get in a few hundred rounds. Practicing with your firearm and being confident in your abilities is important. I would recommend more people train

I suggest training at a tactical range. It's much more useful to practice in real life scenarios than standing still and plugging targets.

Back
Top Bottom