• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tour De France 2010

Just some sensationalism in the press. Never was any facts about it.

It just completely goes against common sense. But the Tour took it seriously as it has X-rayed several bikes during the tour...

Those motors weigh several kg.. as much or more than the bikes themselves... that is a lot of weight to carry up those mountains...

well, it seems like the only jersey up for grabs now is the green points jersey

I expect HTC Columbia to try to control the peloton (at least in Paris) to try to get Cavendish vital sprint points (there are two points intervals in Paris) and then spring him for the stage win and also try to have others on the team try to block off Petacchi and take as many places ahead of him as possible to try to make up the deficit. Cavendish (no, not the hash brown brand) is the favorite to win today's stage. The question is, can he get enough points to end the day with the green jersey? I expect HTC-Columbia to give it a go...

1.PETACCHI A. LAM 213 Pts
2.HUSHOVD T. CTT 203 Pts
3.CAVENDISH M. THR 197 Pts

Of course, Lampre - Farnesse will do everything they can to protect the green jersey, but they aren't nearly as strong at controlling the peloton as HTC-Columbia.

I am not ignoring Hushovd of Norway, but I don't think he is going to have a great day today -- just a hunch. He seems pretty well spent, but if he can get in the mix with his Cervelo Test Team teammates, he also has a shot to end the day in green.

ASO is crap... Team Radio Shack had these beautiful black jerseys to use for today's race incorporating both Radio Shack and Livestrong (an awesome movement and charity) and ASO said they can't wear them -- and they would have to forfeit their team championship if they don't comply.... pathetic...

this is funny... the Radio Shack riders have pulled to the side of the road to change their jerseys and re-apply the numbers to the switched out jerseys... comical...

The EuroSport commentators are getting a kick out of this... talk about silly on what is little more than a ceremonial stage... the riders are pinning their numbers on as I type... anyone who rides or runs races know how much fun THAT is...

Livestrong is getting so much pub over this on air... funny...

I'm watching their interview with Schleck. Is it my imagination or does he look even thinner in the face? Wonder how much weight these guys lose during this event? I would think it would be such a relief just to finish. Man, three weeks of generally riding tough long courses. They have to be tired. At least (for most of them), they can relax a little today. I wonder what they do to recover?

this is funny... the Radio Shack riders have pulled to the side of the road to change their jerseys and re-apply the numbers to the switched out jerseys... comical...

The EuroSport commentators are getting a kick out of this... talk about silly on what is little more than a ceremonial stage... the riders are pinning their numbers on as I type... anyone who rides or runs races know how much fun THAT is...

Livestrong is getting so much pub over this on air... funny...

That was a bunch of crap. That black jersey looked good, publicized cancer survivors (my wife is one), whats the big deal? But I also wonder if it was a normal stage, they would want that color?

That was a bunch of crap. That black jersey looked good, publicized cancer survivors (my wife is one), whats the big deal? But I also wonder if it was a normal stage, they would want that color?

They looked better than the regular unis. My father died from cancer but I am a strong supporter of Livestrong and anyone who has survived from this horrible disease...

They looked better than the regular unis. My father died from cancer but I am a strong supporter of Livestrong and anyone who has survived from this horrible disease...

I am so sorry to hear that. I think so many people have been effected by cancer. My wife was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins lymphoma (one of the better to treat) and went through close to five years of various treatments . She started with skin cancer, then they discovered breast cancer. Luckily it was detected early. She went through various radiation & chemo, combined etc. Those were some tough years. She read Lance Armstrong's book during that time and it was helpful for her. She has now been cancer free for four years.

I am so sorry to hear that. I think so many people have been effected by cancer. My wife was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins lymphoma (one of the better to treat) and went through close to five years of various treatments . She started with skin cancer, then they discovered breast cancer. Luckily it was detected early. She went through various radiation & chemo, combined etc. Those were some tough years. She read Lance Armstrong's book during that time and it was helpful for her. She has now been cancer free for four years.

Thank God she was able to fight through this. Lance's story is definately inspiring. You are talking about "It's Not About the Bike" I presume... I also enjoyed that book... I have a friend here who is a cancer surviver whose English is quite good. i lent her the book and not only has she really perked up, but she had gotten involved in running and is doing great...

Thank God she was able to fight through this. Lance's story is definately inspiring. You are talking about "It's Not About the Bike" I presume... I also enjoyed that book... I have a friend here who is a cancer surviver whose English is quite good. i lent her the book and not only has she really perked up, but she had gotten involved in running and is doing great...

It was hard for her. She really wanted to quit near the last treatments. It made her pretty sick. Yes, it was "Its not.."book. I read it first. I think it demonstrates that Armstrong is a really driven guy. He took that same attitude to his cancer. Like him or hate him, he has been inspirational for the fight against cancer. He understands it first hand.

Back
Top Bottom