• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Total War: Rome Remastered

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
A welcome surprise that did genuinely come out of nowhere.

I cannot wait to sink my teeth into this.

Good video of some changes they have made from the original and they all seem to be completely positive.

Super happy about this...

giphy.gif

Good video of some changes they have made from the original and they all seem to be completely positive.

Bought Rome II. Played it a few times. And then I went back to Medieval II, Empire, Shogun II....

Never enjoyed it al all.

Reactions: PoS
Good news. Rome Total War II really really sucked, so its best to go back to the original.

giphy.gif

My favorite game series and it isn't even close. Looking forward to this.

It's definitely been a trip and let me say this...

This game runs absolutely FLAWLESSLY on my GTX 1650 Ti, I haven't encountered any frame rate drops whatsoever which surprised me a bit because it does sometimes struggle with certain things, I dare say it runs better than the original, possibly because of better optimization to current systems, the one exception is once in awhile on the campaign map I get massive drops or a few secondsand I don't know what the culprit is there, because it's not ocurring during turns.

There are still some of the annoyances of the original, I dunno I've had a really bad time with pathing for troops in battles, but that was always a bit of an issue and I don't let it bother me too much, all part of the package.

But yeah got a Britannia and Roman Campaign on the go and loving it so far, the Total Wars that stuck with me the most were this one, Empire and Shogun II and yeah, it's good to be home cause this really is a classic of classics and they got it 100% correct here.

I tried it, and it sucks.

The interface was redone, and it's cluttered as hell. It took me close to an hour to figure out where your empire's numbers are located, because the pop up doesnt even give you those things. Why did they change the UI? The original was so simple and showed everything you needed without a hitch.

And then the game crashed on my second turn. I got rid of it and got a refund. Not worth it. A complete ripoff. Youre better off playing the original and save your money.

Back
Top Bottom