• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 304,000 in January

If tax cuts are not accompanied with spending cuts, then they lead to a deficit.

Reagan proved this. Bush proved this. Trump continues on with the deficit building legacy of the Republican party.

Again, waiting for you to post the spending increases of Trump along with the revenue generated supporting your claim that it was Trump spending that added to the deficit and not Congressional spending due to entitlements and debt service?

Again, waiting for you to post the spending increases of Trump along with the revenue generated supporting your claim that it was Trump spending that added to the deficit and not Congressional spending due to entitlements and debt service?

I don't have to post any of that ****. You want to see it... You post it.

Republicans failed to address the deficit. They are hypocrites, and it's why they lost the house. The American people got it... Why didn't you? :lamo

LOL yeah, he lost a lot of House seats, and you're clever to limit your comments to ONLY Republican presidents so you won't have to ignore your Divine Leader, Obama, lost over 60 seats(50% MORE than Trump) in his first mid-term election. Nice fake news post.

How was my post fake news? Yeah Obama lost more house seats, thanks to a weak turn out among Democrats during the mid-terms.

2018 featured both parties bases turning out strong, and a record 60 million people voted against your president's party. Hence, why you lost the house despite the strong) economy (which Trump inherited). Gerrymandering prevented it from being worse.

How was my post fake news? Yeah Obama lost more house seats, thanks to a weak turn out among Democrats during the mid-terms.

2018 featured both parties bases turning out strong, and a record 60 million people voted against your president's party. Hence, why you lost the house despite the strong) economy (which Trump inherited). Gerrymandering prevented it from being worse.

Are the two of you trying to compare the 2010 mid-term elections to the 2018 mid-term elections? Because comparing number of seats lost does not reveal the level of popular support. Seat allocation is a number of many factors, and yes, gerrymandering is certainly a huge issue. Here are some key indicators of the 2010 and the 2018 mid-elections

From wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections

2010........Republicans............ Democrats
Seats won.......242.......................193
Popular vote....44,827,441.........38,980,192
Percentage......51.7%.................44.9%

2018............Democrats.............Republicans

Seats won.......235.........................199
Popular vote....60,727,598...........50,983,895
Percentage......53.4%....................44.8%

Either as a percentage or as the number of votes that separated the two parties, the "Blue wave " in 2018 was larger than the "Tea Party wave" in 2010
Yes, the republicans won more seats in 2010 but this result does to imply that the republicans in 2010 enjoyed more popular support.
Notice how the republicans in 2010 won more House seats (242) compared to the House seats that the Democrats won in 2018 (235) even though in 2010 the Republicans won a lower percentage of the population vote (51.7%) compared to the percentage of the popular vote that the Democrats won in 2018 (53.4%).

Heck, in 2012, the republicans even managed to get the House despite the fact that they lost the popular vote, lolol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections

Gerrymandering is certainly a problem.

Last edited:

So, now you double down on fake news - Trump "inherited" a crapfest economy, and then you spew all kinds of excuses to cover the fact that Obama lost 50% more House seats in his first midterm election. Ever wonder WHY the Dem turnout was weak in 2010 if Dear Leader was doing such a wonderful job? Probably beyond your intellectual curiosity.

So, now you double down on fake news - Trump "inherited" a crapfest economy, and then you spew all kinds of excuses to cover the fact that Obama lost 50% more House seats in his first midterm election. Ever wonder WHY the Dem turnout was weak in 2010 if Dear Leader was doing such a wonderful job? Probably beyond your intellectual curiosity.

It was Obama who inherited a 'crapfest economy'. By the end of his 8 year term he had left things in pretty damn good shape for his successor to be able to hit the ground running.

It was Obama who inherited a 'crapfest economy'. By the end of his 8 year term he had left things in pretty damn good shape for his successor to be able to hit the ground running.
Nonsense. A miserable eight year GDP growth barely peeking over 2% and the first president since WW II to not record at least one year of 3%. Ever wonder why if Obama created this great economy it never showed up until he left office? Obama EVEN TOLD US slow growth was the new normal and that jobs were gone for good - And now Trump's has proved him wrong on both counts.

Nonsense. A miserable eight year GDP growth barely peeking over 2% and the first president since WW II to not record at least one year of 3%. Ever wonder why if Obama created this great economy it never showed up until he left office? Obama EVEN TOLD US slow growth was the new normal and that jobs were gone for good - And now Trump's has proved him wrong on both counts.

You don't know your history. Obama inherited a historical mess. Not to mention things have changed since WWII. The US was virtually the only major power to emerge from WWII with it's economic and industrial infrastructure fully intact. We essentially had no real economic rivals or competition in the world in decades following WWII. That's no longer the case. There is plenty of competition out there now and for an economy like ours slow and steady growth is likely the new normal. The signs of it slowing from the previous year are already manifesting themselves.

You don't know your history. Obama inherited a historical mess. Not to mention things have changed since WWII. The US was virtually the only major power to emerge from WWII with it's economic and industrial infrastructure fully intact. We essentially had no real economic rivals or competition in the world in decades following WWII. That's no longer the case. There is plenty of competition out there now and for an economy like ours slow and steady growth is likely the new normal. The signs of it slowing from the previous year are already manifesting themselves.
I know my history just fine; you should learn some rather than relying on the Holy Obama Catechism for your responses. Funny you'd question my knowledge then repeat exactly what I've said several times about our strong economic position directly after WW II - which really isn't the issue here. As far as that "slow and steady being the new norm", sorry, that was just Obama apologia for his failure to do any better. We are still one of the top manufacturing and exporting powers in the world. As Trump said the other night we are also a net petroleum exporter rather than consumer.

I know my history just fine; you should learn some rather than relying on the Holy Obama Catechism for your responses. Funny you'd question my knowledge then repeat exactly what I've said several times about our strong economic position directly after WW II - which really isn't the issue here. As far as that "slow and steady being the new norm", sorry, that was just Obama apologia for his failure to do any better. We are still one of the top manufacturing and exporting powers in the world. As Trump said the other night we are also a net petroleum exporter rather than consumer.

I'm just reciting the facts. Let me repeat it again. For emphasis. Because apparently you are desperate need of it. There is a reason why the recession of 2008-9 in known as the "Great Recession".

I'm just reciting the facts. Let me repeat it again. For emphasis. Because apparently you are desperate need of it. There is a reason why the recession of 2008-9 in known as the "Great Recession".
Here's another fact - the Great Recession ENDED in June 2009 and in the ensuing eight years Obama oversaw the worst recovery since WW II. Essentially, he was like a surfer catching a big wave, riding it ashore and then trying to claim he CAUSED the wave.

Back
Top Bottom