• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 304,000 in January

Agreed.

The least painful way to deal with the debt issue is to grow the economy, as we are now, and even greater economic growth, if possible.

Now consider the proposed massive social spending plans each with multi-trillion 10 year impact, each with probable reduction in economic growth (as has been witnessed in earlier years), and what does that set the stage for?
Federal government Bankruptcy.

The need to control and reduce (if possible) the social spending has never been greater, if we want to avoid the federal debt problem on the horizon, approaching quickly.

Bush Jr really screwed the pooch with his gift to Big Pharma, the Prescription benefit and a needless war.

another conservative president.

Trump had absolutely no problem stating that he would not sign a 'budget' bill that denied funding for the Great Wall Of Trump - he made no such statement regarding increased deficit spending bills. You can't have it both ways - Trump either is, or is not, responsible for the 'budget' bills that he signs into law.

yes that would be the CR not the total budget, seems you want to ignore that reality. 5.8 billion is a drop in the bucket fully funded by revenue generation and cuts in illegal immigration costs. this thread is about job creation which will also and has boosted federal income tax revenue

Trump has very little to do with the 2018 budget deficit and you know it. It has been 2 years not 8 so will hold him accountable at the end of 8. In the meantime his budget proposals as well as actual results are ignored by you

Excuses and hypocrisy are all you're good for.

I don't think me answering silly questions about your "editorial" would "destroy" anything. I do think you answering my questions would "destroy" your narratives. Why are you so afraid to explain why I should answer them?

You have asked no questions just stated your biased opinion which the spreadsheets I posted rebuke

I prefer Treasury data to news reports but then again liberals like you respond to what you want to believe

Sorry dude, I am a fiscal conservative, the thing that you are not.

I want expenses cut and taxes raised so we have a balanced budget.,

Excuses and hypocrisy are all you're good for.

For someone who claims to be an expert on data you sure are ignoring the line items of data from Treasury because of course that data doesn't support your narrative. Now back to the thread topic, 304,000 jobs created in January which greatly exceeded projections and destroys the liberal narrative of a looming recession

Sorry dude, I am a fiscal conservative, the thing that you are not.

I want expenses cut and taxes raised so we have a balanced budget.,

No you aren't you are clueless when it comes to Treasury data. Trump proposed spending cuts in fiscal year 2019 which obviously are of no interest to you

Bush Jr really screwed the pooch with his gift to Big Pharma, the Prescription benefit and a needless war.

another conservative president.

If you want to look for government gifts to Big Pharma, you needn't look any further than Democrats in congress. That said, there are Republicans that vote for Big Pharma as well; it's not one sided.

Its a fact that the military actions post 9/11 were thrust on the US, so not military conflicts of choice.
Had those military actions not been taken at the time, rather likely that the US would have been the target of one or more additional 9/11 level attacks.

As stated, the January numbers are skewed by the shutdown which is why I used the bls release. February will be have data back in line

The household numbers are also in the BLS release.

But you are admitting you switched to the more favorable numbers. That’s something.

No you aren't you are clueless when it comes to Treasury data. Trump proposed spending cuts in fiscal year 2019 which obviously are of no interest to you

I want a balanced budget. Cut and tax. Pay my bills.

You are a greedy guy who wants tax cuts and monies from those in need whipped out.

To do this you wear a false hat. One that says conservative. Your real hat is plain to all. It's red with 4 hateful letters on it.

The household numbers are also in the BLS release.

But you are admitting you switched to the more favorable numbers. That’s something.

So 304,000 jobs weren't created in January?

I want a balanced budget. Cut and tax. Pay my bills.

You are a greedy guy who wants tax cuts and monies from those in need whipped out.

To do this you wear a false hat. One that says conservative. Your real hat is plain to all. It's red with 4 hateful letters on it.

Trump said he would balance the budget in 8 years but without a budget how is he held accountable for not meeting that claim? You continue to ignore is budget proposal and then claim he is driving up the deficits thus the debt. How does a President do that without spending authority and how is it that increasing revenues cause bigger deficits?

If you want to look for government gifts to Big Pharma, you needn't look any further than Democrats in congress. That said, there are Republicans that vote for Big Pharma as well; it's not one sided.

Its a fact that the military actions post 9/11 were thrust on the US, so not military conflicts of choice.
Had those military actions not been taken at the time, rather likely that the US would have been the target of one or more additional 9/11 level attacks.

Bush pushed it and signed it. It is, was a travesty.

Don't try to speak for me. I vindicated no one in this.

and Iraq had ZERO to do with 911. WTF, you know better.

Trump said he would balance the budget in 8 years but without a budget how is he held accountable for not meeting that claim? You continue to ignore is budget proposal and then claim he is driving up the deficits thus the debt. How does a President do that without spending authority and how is it that increasing revenues cause bigger deficits?

You are a very persistent excuse maker.

Be proud.

(and change your very misleading name, I suggest you go with "red hat")

You are a very persistent excuse maker.

Be proud.

(and change your very misleading name, I suggest you go with "red hat")

Thanks for the advice but I will stick to official data, logic, common sense, and basic civics

Bush pushed it and signed it. It is, was a travesty.

Don't try to speak for me. I vindicated no one in this.
I wasn't. Sorry if that impression was received.
and Iraq had ZERO to do with 911. WTF, you know better.

When many intel services from trusted allies all are saying the same thing . . . and all happen to be wrong, no doubt bad decisions made on bad data.

WMDs (chemical) were in fact found in Iraq. Whether that justifies the Iraqi invasion . . opinions differ.

Trump said

we all now anything he says is TOTALLY meaningless.

Trump said is the ultimate, lol.

You red hats know it, us fiscal conservatives know it, all liberals, Democrats, wingnuts, Europeans, Chinese, Koreans, Africans, termites, everyone and thing knows what he says is totally meaningless.

I wasn't. Sorry if that impression was received.

When many intel services from trusted allies all are saying the same thing . . . and all happen to be wrong, no doubt bad decisions made on bad data.

WMDs (chemical) were in fact found in Iraq. Whether that justifies the Iraqi invasion . . opinions differ.

We knew they had no hand in 911.

The invasion was sold to the American people as a 911 response.

Our own military had Iraq classified as contained.

There is simply no way to justify the Iraq war.

Thanks for the advice but I will stick to official data, logic, common sense, and basic civics

yes, BS yourself as you do with your moniker, conservative. LOL, my red hat friend.

we all now anything he says is TOTALLY meaningless.

Trump said is the ultimate, lol.

You red hats know it, us fiscal conservatives know it, all liberals, Democrats, wingnuts, Europeans, Chinese, Koreans, Africans, termites, everyone and thing knows what he says is totally meaningless.

You keep buying rhetoric and I will keep posting results, 304,000 jobs created in January

You know you got Con rattled when he resorts to "double spaced random blurt and in question format" posts. the only thing that would have made it better if he said "official treasury tables" or "shovel ready". Anyhoo Con, why do you think I should answer your questions?

He, and many other cons, like to do that condescension questioning bit to try and weasel out of stating their position. It's a tactic that keeps them from being on the defensive. Then they never have to be responsible for their words because at that point, as questioner, they control the location of the goal-posts.

So 304,000 jobs weren't created in January?

Actually, no. The actual change was a change of between -3,095,600 and -2,866,400 (90% confidence interval)
But since employment drops every January, we smooth out those seasonal changes. So ignoring the usual drop in employment in January, there were between 188,400 and 418,600 more jobs in January (90% confidence).

That estimate will be adjusted in March and April to include late reporting, and in December for seasonal adjustment changes.

You keep buying rhetoric and I will keep posting results, 304,000 jobs created in January

you keep deflecting, "red hat."

and like I said, change your moniker, be an honest man.

Actually, no. The actual change was a change of between -3,095,600 and -2,866,400 (90% confidence interval)
But since employment drops every January, we smooth out those seasonal changes. So ignoring the usual drop in employment in January, there were between 188,400 and 418,600 more jobs in January (90% confidence).

That estimate will be adjusted in March and April to include late reporting, and in December for seasonal adjustment changes.

So then the actual projection was still less than actually created and that seems to be the issue ignored. Jobs are still being created over expectations indicating a continually growing economy

Back
Top Bottom