• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tortured in the Sinai: 'I Was Hanged for Days' (Christians Tortured) [W:3]

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Chris Mitchell
11 July 13

By Chris Mitchell, Middle Eastern Bureau Chief

JERUSALEM, Israel -- From the West Coast of Africa to the deserts of Sinai, Bedouin tribes are conducting a human trafficking trade on a massive scale.

It's no secret. The trade reaps millions of dollars and deals with human misery. It could be stopped but so far no one has dared.

"By that time I had lost sense (sensation) in both my hands," an Eritrean torture victim told CBN News. "It was a result of the accumulated torture but mainly because (both) of my wrists were tied up so tightly, (and I was) hanged up from the ceiling for three days, the blood was cut off from my hands and the flesh started to literally drip from my hands."

Torture in the Sinai

This man is just one victim of this widespread modern-day slavery, kidnapping, and torture trade in the Sinai desert. There are many pictures and videos of this horrible practice on the Internet.

For this story, this Christian man from the African country of Eritrea is going by "Philip," but that's not his real name. CBN News covered his identity for his protection.

"In some cases, we were tortured simply because we were Christians," he told us, his chest trembling slightly as he spoke.

"Sinai was always a place for human smuggling, but since around two years ago -- even a bit more -- it started also to be a place of human torture," Shahar Shoham, director of Physicians for Human Rights, told CBN News.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Tortured in the Sinai: 'I Was Hanged for Days' - Inside Israel - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

Obviously from the actions of Jihadists in both Iraq and Afghanistan, slavery and the value of life of both the allies and adversaries plainly. Since the sect of Islamism came into being, Muslims have enslaved by force millions of people. In fact they sold the first black African Slaves to the English including Spain and Portugal. Torture is a way of Life to Muslims, who claim they are the religion of peace. I am not claiming that Christianity was any different during the early centuries of it formation. Today the religion of Christianity does not condone torture or slavery as a means to an end.

What does this islamophobia have to do with US partisan politics?

Moderator's Warning:
Thread moved to Middle East forum. Please read the M.E. rules before posting.

What does this islamophobia have to do with US partisan politics?

I guess this ties into those Egyptians citizens that have been persecuted since Morsi and his Muslim Brotherhood have been in power. You know like the beatings, rapes, mutilations and murders of Coptic Christians, and now the murders of Egyptiians. If that is Islamophobia by describing and noting what has historically been done and is continued to be done in Middle Eastern countries under Muslim rule. I guess many of us are critical of the practices of Islam are guilty.

Back
Top Bottom