• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top three beers

Sanddune

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
To take a break from all those political discussions, what are your top three beers? Mine are:

Andechser Doppelbock (strong dark malty German lager)

Dogfish Head triple IPA (Awesome though you can't drink much at a time, nice and hoppy)

Chimay Tripel (Great Belgian abbey beer, very complex )

What are your favorites?

To take a break from all those political discussions, what are your top three beers? Mine are:

Andechser Doppelbock (strong dark malty German lager)

Dogfish Head triple IPA (Awesome though you can't drink much at a time, nice and hoppy)

Chimay Tripel (Great Belgian abbey beer, very complex )

What are your favorites?

We can't get real beer in America any more.

The Brewmeisters Union has caused American breweries to switch to rice. It's all about the bottom line today.

We can't get real beer in America any more.

The Brewmeisters Union has caused American breweries to switch to rice. It's all about the bottom line today.

Quite false actually. The American craft beer scene is the best in the world.

Angry Orchard

Woodchuck

Peroni

Bud, Bud Light and its cheaper cousin Busch Light... :mrgreen:

Guinness (No explanation needed, I would hope.)

Blue Moon (Belgian White style, orange flavored citrus wheat beer.)

Samuel Adams (Darkish lager. Their Octoberfest brew, incidentally, is amazing.)

Dos Equis Amber (Same as the above, but Mexican. Great with lime.)

I'm generally not much of one for the India Pale Ales (IPA). They're too bitter.

I tried some of a local craft brewery's seasonal IPA at a bar not too long ago. The stuff tasted like wood polish mixed with floor cleaner. yuk.gif

Last edited:
Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA

Smuttynose Farmhouse Ale (Saison)

Widmer Hefeweizen

I'm generally not much of one for the India Pale Ales (IPA). They're too bitter.

I tried some of a local craft brewery's seasonal IPA at a bar not too long ago. The stuff tasted like wood polish mixed with floor cleaner. View attachment 67154164

Damn Goth. With the exception of the Samuel Adams that is my list. Complete with the distaste with India Pale Ale. Have tried several of their brews and hated them all. You can drink with me anytime.

Quite false actually. The American craft beer scene is the best in the world.

There are some mini breweries that brew some real beer that's pretty good.

But for large breweries, Samuel Adams is the only one that turns out a beer that would meet "German Beer Purity Law."

I'm a Coors drinker. What I like about Coors, it's non-pasteurized. That's why it has to be kept refrigerated from the time it leaves the brewery until you pour it down your gut.
But Coors uses rice. :(

Drakes IPA
Lagunitas IPA Maximus
Anderson Valley IPA

I am partial to the west coast (USA) style IPAs. I also like stouts, porters and some reds.

Last edited:
Free Beer
Cheap Beer
Organic Beer

Bud, Bud Light and its cheaper cousin Busch Light... :mrgreen:

art_lagerboy_whatsthematter_800x.jpg

Damn Goth. With the exception of the Samuel Adams that is my list. Complete with the distaste with India Pale Ale. Have tried several of their brews and hated them all. You can drink with me anytime.

Hell yea, man. We really ought to have a forum wide DP get together one of these days, and drunkenly mess some stuff up. :lol:

Russian River Pliny the Elder

Rochefort 10

Epic Brewing co Bad Baptist

There are some mini breweries that brew some real beer that's pretty good.

But for large breweries, Samuel Adams is the only one that turns out a beer that would meet "German Beer Purity Law."

I'm a Coors drinker. What I like about Coors, it's non-pasteurized. That's why it has to be kept refrigerated from the time it leaves the brewery until you pour it down your gut.
But Coors uses rice. :(

German Beer Purity Laws are overrated.

Try some stuff from Dogfish Head, Stone, New Belgium, Sierra Nevada, Lagunita's, Left Hand, Founders, Bell's... I mean I could go on and on. None of them use rice or corn, and pretty sure none of them are pasteurized.

Just go to any good grocery, or liquor store and browse their craft beer section. You're really missing out.

Left Hand Brewing's Milk Stout Nitro

Stone IPA

Sam Adams India Pale Lager

Those are the best 3 I've had in a while. Though not my permanent list, not by a long shot.

Just picked up a 6 pack of Lagunitas' "A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale" though haven't cracked one open yet. Heard great things though, love IPA's so I can't wait.

I tried some of a local craft brewery's seasonal IPA at a bar not too long ago. The stuff tasted like wood polish mixed with floor cleaner. View attachment 67154164

Almost exactly what I was going to post, though I'm not a big fan of Sam Adams' beer (too hoppy for me), but their Octoberfest beer is incredible! I've got a case in fridge right now (actually a few beers less than a case)

Not a fan of IPA's either

German Beer Purity Laws are overrated.

Try some stuff from Dogfish Head, Stone, New Belgium, Sierra Nevada, Lagunita's, Left Hand, Founders, Bell's... I mean I could go on and on. None of them use rice or corn, and pretty sure none of them are pasteurized.

Just go to any good grocery, or liquor store and browse their craft beer section. You're really missing out.

I've had Sierra Nevada, it's easy to come by on the Left Coast.

How about Anchor Steam Beer ?

I've had Sierra Nevada, it's easy to come by on the Left Coast.

How about Anchor Steam Beer ?

Sierra Nevada is easy to get anywhere, they're pretty widely distributed. Love their Torpedo IPA, and their Ruthless Rye IPA.

I've heard of them, haven't seen them around here. I know they are one of the oldest craft breweries in the country.

Almost exactly what I was going to post, though I'm not a big fan of Sam Adams' beer (too hoppy for me), but their Octoberfest beer is incredible! I've got a case in fridge right now (actually a few beers less than a case)

Not a fan of IPA's either

I suppose we had to find something we have in common sooner or later. :lol:

I actually kind of agree on the Sam Adams, come to think of it. I enjoy a lot of their seasonal brews (spring, summer, octoberfest, etca), but the regular variety has never been one of my favorites. It has a bit of a sour wang to it that I've never particularly cared for.

The best beer I've ever had, bar none, was at the Paulaner tent in Munich, while attending Oktoberfest in Germany. The only problem is that I don't have the slightest idea what it was called. I was too caught up in the moment to even think to ask. :doh

All I can say for sure is that it was on the lighter side of the spectrum, had kind of a white, frothy head, and tasted rather sweet for a beer. It was so good I downed two and half huge steins of the stuff in less than 45 minutes.

319649_567064920655_854035724_n.jpg

Last edited:
Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA

Is that the stuff that gives you a headache if you drink a large sip because it is just so unimaginably bitter? I may have tried it, can't remember exactly though. I tried several Dogfish Head ales a few years ago and there was one that really blew me away, I wonder if it was that one.

I forgot: Riedenburger Emmerbier, an organic medieval style beer from Bavaria. And Braufaktum Marzus. I don't know if you get Braufaktum beers in the US, if you do, it's worth trying. It's a German based craft beer manufacturer that works together with breweries in different countries.

Last edited:
Hell yea, man. We really ought to have a forum wide DP get together one of these days, and drunkenly mess some stuff up. :lol:

Powerob was out here a couple of years ago, we ended up at the local tavern. For any of you old timers who remember JLB, we once hung out in a beer hall during Octoberfest.

Ok, let's see...

Stone Ruination IPA

Two Hearted Ale

Highland Gaelic Ale

Back
Top Bottom