• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top ten reasons the Navy is the best service.

The Navy led to the creation of NCIS. And the TV show based on it. Which led to people like Tony DiNozzo learning that people like Tim McGee have value at least equal to their own.

It also gave the great David McCallum something to be remembered by that didn't require Sixties mod clothes and a Russian accent. And made Sasha Alexander, Cote de Pablo and Pauley Perrette famous.

Oh yeah, it also led to making the name Enterprise really, really cool -- long before anybody thought to put the name on a fictional spaceship.

One more thing: Navy has beaten Army in football every year since 2002.

The Navy was and is undoubtedly the most strategically important service in the military, PC or not.

If you are from Sanfran-sicko then the 11th reason why you might view the navy as the best service is spending several or more months out at sea on a boat full of men.

View attachment 67154887

Maybe you where unaware that almost all navy ships are coed...

i'm disappointed... i thought the list was going ot have some substance to it.

you know why I think the Navy is the best?.... because they give us Marines a ride to the fight and patch up our boo-boos.... and then they feed us well after the fight is over and we're back aboard.
oh, and Naval Artillery... goddamn I love me some Naval Artillery.

oh, and I'd like to thank the Navy for inventing sex... the grandest gift bestowed on all of us.. all thanks to the brave Sailors of the US Navy!
and as a Marine, i'd like to apologize to you guys for Marines everywhere.... for introducing your invention to women :cool:

Sadly I am not to sure of that Redress........Social experimentation by the left is taking it down.

You should have more confidence in the navy. No one projects power better.

Sadly I am not to sure of that Redress........Social experimentation by the left is taking it down.

even if what you say is true, don't you think our Sailors are badass enough to handle it?

be thankful you get social engineering to test drive... us Marines only get new bad guys and old weapons to test.:lol:

That damn equality put an end to sexism and homophobia.....I know that you would love to return to a world where the woman stays at home, gays stay in closet, blacks and other minorities stay in "their place" and the white man controls everything...but the world moves on. Our military is better than ever and continues to be the best in the world....despite your desires to keep them down.

Meh, I wouldn't say any of that amounts to being the best. Especially those ridiculous looking white uniforms.

I thought the US Navy had just changed their operational uniforms to some awful blue camo.

approved_digi_-_high_res-735x637.jpg

In terms of the Navy, sharing a small billet with a group of sweaty men is not my cup of tea, although I should imagine the Village People would have enjoyed such accommodation. The Navy is probably not so bad as an officer with your own room, but then again even sharing a billet with a group of hairy ass men is better than getting your limbs blown off by Islamic fundamentalist psychos . The Air force is also a good option, as there is plenty of scope for travel and lots of jobs well away from the front line and the Coastguard would be an interesting job, again far better than being shot at by funny looking men with long beards.

I thought the US Navy had just changed their operational uniforms to some awful blue camo.

approved_digi_-_high_res-735x637.jpg

In terms of the Navy, sharing a small billet with a group of sweaty men is not my cup of tea, although I should imagine the Village People would have enjoyed such accommodation. The Navy is probably not so bad as an officer with your own room, but then again even sharing a billet with a group of hairy ass men is better than getting your limbs blown off by Islamic fundamentalist psychos . The Air force is also a good option, as there is plenty of scope for travel and lots of jobs well away from the front line and the Coastguard would be an interesting job, again far better than being shot at by funny looking men with long beards.

I felt the same way when I went aboard my first ship for duty but like anything else you get use to it.
ts really not as bad as it once was. They now build ships with the habitability of the crew in mind and when you make CPO E7 you have your own berthing and dining spaces.

Another thing is on a ship you get three squares and a a flop. Not so in other branches like the Marines or Army.

Last edited:
That damn equality put an end to sexism and homophobia.....I know that you would love to return to a world where the woman stays at home, gays stay in closet, blacks and other minorities stay in "their place" and the white man controls everything...but the world moves on. Our military is better than ever and continues to be the best in the world....despite your desires to keep them down.

I personally believe when it comes to most of those things you speak for yourself not me.

even if what you say is true, don't you think our Sailors are badass enough to handle it?

be thankful you get social engineering to test drive... us Marines only get new bad guys and old weapons to test.:lol:

They shouldn't have to handle it....It shouldn't be there.

You should have more confidence in the navy. No one projects power better.

I like to make it better, not worse which is what is happening. Good men are having to leave the Navy every day because of social experimentation.

i'm disappointed... i thought the list was going ot have some substance to it.

you know why I think the Navy is the best?.... because they give us Marines a ride to the fight and patch up our boo-boos.... and then they feed us well after the fight is over and we're back aboard.
oh, and Naval Artillery... goddamn I love me some Naval Artillery.

oh, and I'd like to thank the Navy for inventing sex... the grandest gift bestowed on all of us.. all thanks to the brave Sailors of the US Navy!
and as a Marine, i'd like to apologize to you guys for Marines everywhere.... for introducing your invention to women :cool:

I have nothing against Marines. Served on the 6th fleet flagship with them the USS SPRINGFIELD (CLG-7)after all they never lost a main gate yet.;)

I like to make it better, not worse which is what is happening. Good men are having to leave the Navy every day because of social experimentation.

Good people have left the navy every day since it formed. Good people join the navy every day as well. Hysterics over something you personally don't like are pretty meaningless.

I personally believe when it comes to most of those things you speak for yourself not me.

You are the one who is denigrating today's military Navy, not me. I think that we have the finest Navy and other military in the world and applaud the fact that the sexist and homophobic policies that have existed in the past (championed by people such as yourself) are no longer a noose on the neck of the fine men and women that serve in the military. You are just one of those guys that think you were the greatest and every other generation pales in comparison. Sorry NP. Simply isn't true.

LOL...another in a series of NP failed predictions. Remember when you claimed that people in the military would leave in droves if DADT were passed. Oops....guess that was as good as your Fred Thompson and Rick Perry predictions.

Good people have left the navy every day since it formed. Good people join the navy every day as well. Hysterics over something you personally don't like are pretty meaningless.

Not for social experimentation.

LOL...another in a series of NP failed predictions. Remember when you claimed that people in the military would leave in droves if DADT were passed. Oops....guess that was as good as your Fred Thompson and Rick Perry predictions.

Have you ever submitted a post that dealt with the subject of the thread and not another poster? Back on ignore you go until you can do that........No sense responding, I won't see it.........

Have you ever submitted a post that dealt with the subject of the thread and not another poster? Back on ignore you go until you can do that........No sense responding, I won't see it.........

Just responding to your post NP. You were wrong before and you are wrong now. People are not leaving the military in droves because of DADT or ending sexist and other dated military policies.

Back
Top Bottom