• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top Ten 2024 Democrats

According to WAPO.

What do you think of the order?

The primaries will be entertaining if this comes to pass……

****ing paywall, they gotta eat, I guess.
10) AOC
9) Gavin Newsom
8)Cory Booker
7) Sherrod Brown
6) Roy Cooper…..need to look him up?
5) Amy Klobuchar
4) Elizabeth Warren
3) Kamala Harris
2) Mayor Pete
1) Joe Biden

John Fetterman POTUS 2024

I like what I've seen of Fetterman, but I haven't seen a lot yet...

Love him.....but can't see him being ready even if he wins the PA Senate race.

Well, put it this way, he's already a lot more ready than Cory Booker OR Sherrod Brown, who simply will not run, and he's way more ready
than Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson who some think is a good bet with either party, and he has way more charisma than Kamala Harris.

According to WAPO.

10) AOC
9) Gavin Newsom
8)Cory Booker
7) Sherrod Brown
5) Amy Klobuchar
4) Elizabeth Warren
3) Kamala Harris
2) Mayor Pete
1) Joe Biden
I'm surprised AOC made the list. Nay, astonished. Most Democrats that I know wouldn't even consider her. Not just because of her lack of experience, but the last time I checked, she's not even old enough to be POTUS.

And as adorable as Elizabeth Warren is, she was roundly rejected in recent go-rounds, for being to much of a challenge to the status quo. Big money won't back anyone who's a threat to it, and nobody wins the Oval Office without the backing of big money, so . . . . not a likely nominee at all.

Aside from the two incumbents already in the Executive Branch, Cory and Amy would both be serious contenders in my book.

According to WAPO.

10) AOC
9) Gavin Newsom
8)Cory Booker
7) Sherrod Brown
5) Amy Klobuchar
4) Elizabeth Warrenie
3) Kamala Harris
2) Mayor Pete
1) Joe Biden
You forgot
  1. Bashful
  2. Doc
  3. Dopey
  4. Grumpy
  5. Happy
  6. Sleepy, and
  7. Sneezy

Well, put it this way, he's already a lot more ready than Cory Booker OR Sherrod Brown, who simply will not run, and he's way more ready
than Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson who some think is a good bet with either party, and he has way more charisma than Kamala Harris.
He is absolutely my guy! I'm just being realistic.....but dark horses have done it before. Wasn't there a guy named Obama while back......;)

The Rock isn't even under consideration by me. Enough of celebrities.

No doubt Newsom has presidential ambitions, but he would be a human lightning rod in 2024 — not only is he from California, but San Francisco as well. (Dog crap on his shoes, and a trail of used syringes following him.)

I done seen these very people's photos up on the wall in the Post Office just last week. Biden had a red "X" through his'n. The FBI must figure he's dead, or mostly dead, anyway.

No doubt Newsom has presidential ambitions, but he would be a human lightning rod in 2024 — not only is he from California, but San Francisco as well. (Dog crap on his shoes, and a trail of used syringes following him.)

True, but the GQP will do that to any candidate we field.

According to WAPO.

10) AOC
9) Gavin Newsom
8)Cory Booker
7) Sherrod Brown
5) Amy Klobuchar
4) Elizabeth Warren
3) Kamala Harris
2) Mayor Pete
1) Joe Biden
I think it is pretty scary when sleepy Joe Biden is still the best hope for the Dimocrats in 2024.

About the list:

Harris is too high up, she should be in the bottom half, same with Mayor Petie Pie.

They got Gavin Newsom right down near AOC. Like AOC Newsom's libtard idiocy California policies will prevent him from having any national appeal. Newsom's only chance at being President would be to take the same route Harris did and maybe become a VP and then president after the President drops dead.

With a list that bad, I would think that Sanders ought to make another run...well, if the list is going to be like this one.

I think it is pretty scary when sleepy Joe Biden is still the best hope for the Dimocrats in 2024.

About the list:

Harris is too high up, she should be in the bottom half, same with Mayor Petie Pie.

They got Gavin Newsom right down near AOC. Like AOC Newsom's libtard idiocy California policies will prevent him from having any national appeal. Newsom's only chance at being President would be to take the same route Harris did and maybe become a VP and then president after the President drops dead.

With a list that bad, I would think that Sanders ought to make another run...well, if the list is going to be like this one.
What's the R list look like if you put it that way? I don't see much hope there.

I don't see any way that Kamala could win the nomination when so many Dems don't want her. But I never thought Joe Biden or Trump would get anywhere close to winning, so.....

I could see Pete doing well in the primaries.

You mentioned him before, still do. He is interesting and seems sane compared to a few others.

You can't deny that he also has something a large number of voters respond to first and foremost...the man cuts a very physically imposing figure.

Not one of them can win against Trump if he decides to run.

(Unless y'all go the election fraud route again. In that case the winner will be decided by the Dem Elites. Your opinion doesn't matter.)

He got his ass kicked BEFORE voters knew what a worthless, traitorous piece of trash that he really is...

According to WAPO.

10) AOC
9) Gavin Newsom
8)Cory Booker
7) Sherrod Brown
5) Amy Klobuchar
4) Elizabeth Warren
3) Kamala Harris
2) Mayor Pete
1) Joe Biden
It is a weak bench vs the other party that have a line up of corrupt wack-a-doos, most of whom are better candidates to be institutionalized than elected. America is in peril.

According to WAPO.

10) AOC
9) Gavin Newsom
8)Cory Booker
7) Sherrod Brown
5) Amy Klobuchar
4) Elizabeth Warren
3) Kamala Harris
2) Mayor Pete
1) Joe Biden
Gavin Newsom...the hated Governor for his Covid restrictions, his Covidocrisy, and failing to squelch crime in many cities in his state.
AOC...dumb as a box of rocks.
Corny Bonkers...Big Pharma donor list and idiocy during the Kavanaugh hearings.
Lizzy Warren...fake indian fiasco and Corporate America will do everything to stop her from winning.

It is a weak bench vs the other party that have a line up of corrupt wack-a-doos, most of whom are better candidates to be institutionalized than elected. America is in peril.
Mitt Romney wants it bad. He'd be a good nominee for the Democrats. Trump vs Romney, if nothing else than for entertainment value.

True, but the GQP will do that to any candidate we field.
I don’t mind Newsom’s delivery and manner of speaking, but my gut feeling is that he wouldn’t play well in many other parts of the country. I’m sure Gavin would love a chance to prove me wrong.

I voted for Newsom when he ran for governor, and against the recall. I think he’s done a decent job handling the pandemic as evidenced by our lower number of deaths per 1M residents. This is not to say that he hasn’t make some outrageous mistakes in terms of public perception.

My impression is that he’s an ambitious man, and used to being the “golden boy.”

I think the right became batshit crazy after two servings of a black man as president. That spawned Trumpism, imo. I don’t think we can handle whatever backlash would come from a Mayor Pete administration.
If it weren't for many of the right who did vote for him he may not have been president. Many voted for him to get past this racist thing. Some wanted to feel good. He seemed like a nice man, but that leads me to the story of a wolf in sheep's clothing...

Back
Top Bottom