• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top Senate Dem: Koch brothers are un-American.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
The Senate's top Democrat criticized a pair of billionaire brothers in unusually harsh terms Wednesday, accusing the conservative duo of being "un-American," spreading lies about President Barack Obama's health care overhaul and lacking a conscience.

In a pair of appearances on the Senate floor, Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., became the latest Democrat this election year to denunciate Charles and David Koch — pronounced "Coke."

The brothers' representatives said Reid's attack was "disgraceful" and accused him of attacking people hurt by the 2010 health care law.

Reid's focus was on television ads that are being used against Democratic congressional candidates, commercials that he said misleadingly criticize the health care law.

"When you make billions of dollars a year you can be as immoral and dishonest as your money will allow you to be," Reid said. "It's too bad that they're trying to buy America, and it's time that the American people spoke out against this terrible dishonesty of these two brothers who are about as un-American as anyone that I can imagine."

Hours earlier, Reid said the ads were misleadingly lambasting the health care law. "It's easy to do if you have no conscience and are willing to lie," he said.....snip~

Top Senate Dem: Koch brothers are un-American

Awww. Whats the matter Harry? Getting worried about those Obama's lies now? Think Harry here will call the CBO and others liars too?

What did Harry forget about forcing people to buy the O'care?

Make political contributions illegal. Get the money out of politics... and then the Koch brothers are just some successful industrialists who build up the economy of america... instead of being that + people who buy off politicians.

But you won't see any politician try and pass a law to get the money out of politics because they are too happy getting the money when it's coming their way. It's pathetic rhetoric.

Make political contributions illegal. Get the money out of politics... and then the Koch brothers are just some successful industrialists who build up the economy of america... instead of being that + people who buy off politicians.

But you won't see any politician try and pass a law to get the money out of politics because they are too happy getting the money when it's coming their way. It's pathetic rhetoric.

Does that mean Georgie Soros will be out as well? Add PAC's and Super PAC's as well as all other named or unnamed sources of that illegal money and you have a deal!

Does that mean Georgie Soros will be out as well? Add PAC's and Super PAC's as well as all other named or unnamed sources of that illegal money and you have a deal!

Don't forget the unions that pay millions for the same types of ads, but in favor of Democrats... They gotta be kept out of politics as well if we're gonna do what he says needs to be done.

This would be the fault of Citizens United/GOP.
Guess who refuses to even allow debate of McCain/Feingold--the filibustering Senate GOP led by McConnell.
Soon, Sen. McConnell will argue for Citizens United 2.0 in front of the SCOTUS.
This should be an interesting dynamic to his Senate race .

The money spent so far in hit ads by the Kochs is over 10-to-1 to DEM outside groups, including $10 million against Sen. Hagan.
The unintended consequence is that the public is already muting this faux noise.

Meanwhile, using the Unions as whipping boys is also losing its Utility .:peace

This would be the fault of Citizens United/GOP.
Guess who refuses to even allow debate of McCain/Feingold--the filibustering Senate GOP led by McConnell.
Soon, Sen. McConnell will argue for Citizens United 2.0 in front of the SCOTUS.
This should be an interesting dynamic to his Senate race .

Nope not really i mean if you want to get the money out of politics then it means all money.

Reid just doesn't like it because he and obama have actually try to defend their POS healthcare bill.

He employ's rules for radicals
“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

he can't actually address any of the points they are just automatically liars etc ... typical liberal ad homimem.

Nope not really
This is the 2nd different thread you have tapped on me in the last few minutes.
I'm not interested, since you speak past whatever I say and then go on your DEM bashing tour .

This is the 2nd different thread you have tapped on me in the last few minutes.
I'm not interested, since you speak past whatever I say and then go on your DEM bashing tour .

ad homimem dismissal.

nope no dem bashing sorry if you don't like the truth of the matter. i don't have to bash liberals (i know some very good blue dog democrats that i respect very much) i let liberals bash themselves.

all i need to do is point out the flaws in their ideology and wait for them to resort to the typical insults that come after.

this has nothing to do with citizens united. what it does have to do is that harry reid and obama are now on the hook and responsible. they have no one else to blame for their stupidity.

Then cancel elections and just have the CEOs of the networks vote.

Hello Joko.
Didn't that GOP Billionaire say he should have one million votes ?

Ofc.

But you do understand that Obama had a biggest war chest in the 2012 election, don't you? It's not like Obama had no money to compete, he dwarved Romney's campaign contributions and had more money in 2008 too.

So it goes both ways.
Reports: Obama's war chest dwarfs Romney's - Newsday

Big Money Breakdown: Why 2012 Is the Most Expensive Election Ever

Obama's $1 billion campaign war chest a media pipedream? - National Elections | Examiner.com

Get the money out of politics, all of it, for all parties, and then you'd have a better campaign with people who want to run for public office to serve the people.

No. That's like, completely missing the point.

the core issue here is that we have a system that can be purchased, and they are trying to purchase it.

if you want to fix the problem, address the structure of the system, not two rich partisans who are gaming it.

the core issue here is that we have a system that can be purchased, and they are trying to purchase it.

if you want to fix the problem, address the structure of the system, not two rich partisans who are gaming it.

Well, this time the Democrats are having a little trouble coming up with money. So Naturally Harry has to find a way to try and go on the offensive. They also have no money to give to their Senatorial races. Although Harry should have thought of another tactic. Rather than calling the Kochs Brothers Un-American. Now I could talk the smack talk about Harry as there is quite a bit there to use. But.....I figure if Harry and the Demos want to go after those looked on by Charities Favorably and by the Conservatives. Then Who Am I from stopping Harry from ticking off the rest out there with his whines and cries of Unfair play.

While the whole country looks at him remember all that equality when it comes to lying and who's been in control.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-el...remains-debt-competes-obama-group-donors.html

if you want to fix the problem, address the structure of the system, not two out of the numerous rich partisans who are gaming it.

Friendly ammendment.

Control speech, control who can say it, and what they say - that's what you mean! Screw the first amendment if its not used to say what I want to hear.

Control speech, control who can say it, and what they say - that's what you mean! Screw the first amendment if its not used to say what I want to hear.

Heya Cal. :2wave: Think the Koch Brothers can waste some Money messing with Harry here?

I think harry has opened the door for conservative media sources to parade out the sick, poor and injured that are damaged due to obamasfailurecare. The left needs to get the media to focus on the misguided lie about a war on women or gays from Republicans they want to put this failed initiative in the rear view mirror before November 2014. Any time an idiot like harry lets the right keep obumblingfailurism remain in the spotlight they should take it.

Heya Cal. :2wave: Think the Koch Brothers can waste some Money messing with Harry here?

So we should create a class of citizens who are scrubbed from using their money to propel their voice because it doesn't fit with your agenda? Seriously? You can say that and still think you live in a free country?

So we should create a class of citizens who are scrubbed from using their money to propel their voice because it doesn't fit with your agenda? Seriously? You can say that and still think you live in a free country?

it should not be possible for either side to purchase legislation. i would attack the lobbying problem before i would attack the advertising nonsense, however. still, i don't believe that money is speech, nor do i believe in corporate personhood. the SCOTUS has decided differently, and i'm left with little choice other than to respect the decision.

i despise the koch suckers as much as the next guy

but if there is anyone on the demo side who should not be the spokesmodel flailing against lying and misrepresentation in politics, it is harry reid

and until we eliminate big financial contributions in politics, we will continue to have the best government money can buy

i despise the koch suckers as much as the next guy

but if there is anyone on the demo side who should not be the spokesmodel flailing against lying and misrepresentation in politics, it is harry reid

and until we eliminate big financial contributions in politics, we will continue to have the best government money can buy

I agree, for those who just complain about the Koch's, try this on for size:

A New Tidal Wave of Money Could Decide Senate Races

Somehow we need to get all this money out of politics. Let's face it, both parties owe their hearts and souls to special interests, corporations, wall street firms, pacs and super pacs who dish out these millions to fund their campaigns. These are the faceless people behind our elected leaders who really run our government.

The free flow of money in politics is our only defense against state-rationed political speech.:peace

The Senate's top Democrat criticized a pair of billionaire brothers in unusually harsh terms Wednesday, accusing the conservative duo of being "un-American," spreading lies about President Barack Obama's health care overhaul and lacking a conscience.

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Back
Top Bottom