• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top Official Says Feds May Not Process Illegals Referred From Arizona

Like the unicorn BTW. I'am all for enforcing laws. However, my main problem with this Arizona law is the very real danger it could lead to profiling. I hate being profiled. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. . If an illegal commits a crime in Arizona, what was to stop the LEO from asking for an id in the first place. Huh? This law is unnecassary. Do it Arizona. Just dont touch ANY of my rights as a citizen.

Why thank you, it isn't a unicorn though. It's a man/horse hybrid.

And within the AZ immigration law it specifically makes racial profiling illegal and an invalid excuse for suspecting someone of being an illegal immigrant.

Protecting the citizens is their job.

Actually, enforcing the laws is their job.

Last I recall immigration laws were.....laws.

Like the unicorn BTW. I'am all for enforcing laws. However, my main problem with this Arizona law is the very real danger it could lead to profiling. I hate being profiled. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. . If an illegal commits a crime in Arizona, what was to stop the LEO from asking for an id in the first place. Huh? This law is unnecassary. Do it Arizona. Just dont touch ANY of my rights as a citizen.

How can it lead to profiling?

Nobody with actual KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING of the legal standard that is "reasonable suspicion" has been capable of explaining to me their irrational paranoia about the profiling argument.

Do YOU understand "reasonable suspicion"???

Do you also understand that detaining someone on reasonable suspicion does NOT equal arresting them?

Link

Well so they may decide not to enforce federal law against illegal aliens. This is great, and supports the conclusion that the Feds won't do anything.....as usual.
This is pretty much a "no change" in operations statement. It is not as if they were doing their job before the AZ bill was passed...............:roll:

Not all people who agree with the Arizona law are racist. The majority of them are good, honest, hard working people. However, a small minority of them are racist, and sadly, the small minority are grouped with the majority. Sucks dont it.

It's lazy and it's dishonest, but if that's the best people can come up with, then that just reflects on them and their inability to discuss the actual issue.

Sure, just like there is some danger from native-born citizens, some danger from legal immigrants, some danger from nurses, some danger from people wearing green shirts, some danger from people who like pizza, and some danger from people who enjoy skiing. Surely SOME of them are criminals.

Those people are already part of our society. Hence, innocent until proven guilty. Not the way it works when we let others in.

You know (or at least you SHOULD know) full well that legal immigration to the United States is very complicated and limited. When you suggest that, you know full well that you are telling most of them "get out and don't ever come back." You could at least be honest, instead of pretending to care about the immigration process itself.

That doesn't excuse illegal actions (and yes, illegal immigration is illegal... hence, it's called "illegal immigration").

Correct. I'm sure some of them are not threats.

But they should all be treated as if they are, because we are letting them into society.

:roll:
You don't get to invent silly explanations just because first acknowledge (and casually dismiss) the real explanation. I bolded the correct assessment of the situation in your statement above. Full stop. Everything after that is just baseless nonsense.

You're saying that nobody comes here illegally because they have something to hide that would prevent them from getting here legally no matter what? That's not baseless at all.

it's an open flip off to the people of the state

it's proof positive that the president refuses to enforce federal law on the border

he's too busy throwing political stones

and bringing up america's "racial discrimination" "early and often" in human rights talks with the murderous maoists

completely occupied assenting to senor calderon's crass characterizations

what does the white house offer as a solution to this real issue, now crucial cuzza the wanton cruelty of the cartels?

"comprehensive immigration reform," he mumbles

except there's just "no appetite"

ie, SQUAT is his solution

if the admin has a problem with THE LAW passed rightfully by the people of arizona it should do what 35% of state ag's are doing to challenge obamacare---he should take it to court

in the meantime, the law is the law, and he should do his job

more and more obama reveals his big shoulders dispositions

he's so chicago

he's just killing himself, windy city ways don't work across the 48

he's a radical extremist

and a bully

america doesn't like either

And within the AZ immigration law it specifically makes racial profiling illegal and an invalid excuse for suspecting someone of being an illegal immigrant.

On what other basis would you suspect someone was an illegal immigrant?

maybe he or she is not carrying his or her paperwork as required by federal law

The AZ law was made without really consulting the Federal government, who the illegals would be referred to. It was a pretty reactionary law for that reason.

What if AZ refers illegals to the Fed and the Fed says that some of them can stay? Is AZ going to threaten to leave the union? :roll:

what if dhs announces it will not process illegals referred to them by one of our 50 states?

Link

Well so they may decide not to enforce federal law against illegal aliens. This is great, and supports the conclusion that the Feds won't do anything.....as usual.

The federal government refusing to do its job. I can't say that I am surprised.

What is a Green Card?

Unlike United States citizens who are not required to carry identification to prove their citizenship, permanent residents must carry their Green Card with them at all times.

I fully support AZ and the route they have chosen. Its such a shame that our federal government may choose to ignore its job even further.

And with all these racial profiling complaints that I hear mentioned (btw I see no issue), wouldnt it be easier to change the law to screen everyone that had broken a law?

I mean I already carry ID with me at all times. How much of a burden would it be to carry one more form of ID showing my legal status? Then all these people crying racism would be SOL on the racism charge.

I would much rather carry 1 more piece of ID around with me if it could mean we remove illegals from our country.

Because "nation invaders" are not threatening you or anyone else.

EDMONDS, Wash. – The KING 5 Investigators have learned that an illegal immigrant accused of raping a woman in Edmonds Sunday has been deported nine times. That's much more than previously reported.

Immigrations and Customs Enforcement won't comment on the case of Jose Lopez Madrigal. But KING 5 got the information through confidential sources and documents.

Larry Klein was the man who heard the alleged victim's cries for help. Police the suspect pulled the woman off the street to a dumpster and raped her.

"I could see the back of his head. I could see his pants were down. I could see her lying on the ground. I could hear her crying, but I couldn't really see her face," said Klein.

Klein called police, who quickly arrested the suspect. But learning his identity took much longer because of some 30 aliases. It was only through fingerprints that they identified him as Madrigal, a Mexican citizen.

Madrigal's arrest and immigration record includes a staggering number of contacts with law enforcement since 1989. That's the year he was convicted of theft using a firearm in California.

He was deported a couple of times after that. Then in 1999, he was arrested for drug sales in both San Diego and San Francisco. Records show that he was deported three times that year between April and August.

He was arrested for drugs again in Stockton, Calif. in 2000. In 2002, he pleaded to third degree sexual assault in Denver. Later that year, he was deported again. And in 2003, records show he was deported three more times.

People who live near the scene of Sunday's alleged rape wonder how it could keep happening.

"Makes you wonder, what are we doing wrong? How is he getting back in here?" said Kirby Aumick.

"It’s troubling. I mean, if this man should not have been in this country, he should have been behind bars then, really, this is a senseless tragedy," said Klein.

Investigators: Edmonds rape suspect deported nine times | KING5.com | Seattle Area Local News

Last edited:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYvTva6TM1g"]YouTube- Phoenix Now Kidnapping Capital of US Thanks to Mexican Drug Gangs[/nomedia]

On what other basis would you suspect someone was an illegal immigrant?

It depends on the facts and circumstances surrounding the lawful contact that the officer made with the subject.

What you and others are failing to realize is that this isnt something police go about enforcing like speeding. Its not an 'on sight' enforceable law. Its a law that must be enforced through investigation. You receive a call to a residence in reference to a domestic disturbance. You ask the male in the partnership if you can see his ID. He doesnt speak english, doesnt have any ID to include social security card, drivers license, etc. At this point, you may suspect that this individual is in the country illegally. You attempt to obtain his name and information as best you can, more importantly his address. If he has committed a crime of domestic violence, you make an arrest for that crime and take him in for fingerprinting. Once that is done you make a check with Federal Immigration enforcement folks and find out he is not here legally. You can then have him charged with the new law.

What your ilk is failing to realize is that looking at a hispanic person and saying, "He ain't here legally, lets gettem" isnt what this law is about.

Unless of course, you know that, and are being intentionally obtuse to the matter.

I would love to see sheriff Joe Arpaio run for president. I would vote for him.

Obama and his administration have broken their oath of office and so should no longer be in that job.

By that standard, we haven't had a legitimate president in a very long time.

How can it lead to profiling?

Nobody with actual KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING of the legal standard that is "reasonable suspicion" has been capable of explaining to me their irrational paranoia about the profiling argument.

Do YOU understand "reasonable suspicion"???

Do you also understand that detaining someone on reasonable suspicion does NOT equal arresting them?

Besides the obvious instances, reasonable suspicion is still at the discretion of the LEO, hence the key word suspicion. If I, a hispanic, am walking with my white friend and neither of us has our id, which one of us has a greater chance of being detained further in Arizona. What if me and my family pack in my Cavalier to go to Wal-Mart? A car full of hispanics?? Reasonable suspicion right there. I can already hear the hateful posts of many conservatives on this thread, but Ill ask it anyway. What does an illegal immigrant look like?

maybe he or she is not carrying his or her paperwork as required by federal law

It is true that federal law requires a resident to carry their paperwork, but rarely does one go to jail if they dont have it. Usually the feds just look you up in their database to confirm your a legal resident and just let you go. Will Arizona? BTW I have no problem being detained by federal immigration officers. I dont like being detained by state police officers on immigration charges, who dont have the same training and resources that federal immigration officers have.

Back
Top Bottom