• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top Official Says Feds May Not Process Illegals Referred From Arizona

It's the same moronic blame-the-entire-group-for-the-actions-of-a-few mentality.

What part of "illegal" do you not understand? This is not something they were born with.

Key word: illegal immigration. If you don't see what's wrong with people entering the country without anyone knowing or making sure they aren't a criminal or terrorist or something, I'm not sure what else to say.

If they commit a crime (a REAL crime, not just the immigration violation) then by all means deport them. As for terrorists, I'm unaware of any madrassas springing up in Aguascalientes or Mexico City. When that happens, perhaps I'll take notice or care.

Dav said:
No because the black people had every right to be here, while the illegals should never have been allowed to come in the first place. We should be making sure people aren't criminals before we let them enter the country.

Ideally, yes. But that isn't a sufficient reason for shutting off the spigot of migrant workers. Most of them do not cause any problems; they took the initiative to come here in the first place, which means that they tend to be hard workers and don't want to do anything to jeopardize their new life.

Dav said:
This is true with all races and nationalities, and comparing the desire to do so with racism has no logical basis.

I stated that illegal immigrants are not a threat, and Texmaster responded by linking to a list of people killed by illegal immigrants. The clear implication of that is "See, they ARE a threat."

That is EXACTLY the same logic that white supremacists use about black people. You could literally just replace "blacks" with "illegal immigrants" in the previous paragraph, without the meaning changing AT ALL.

Last edited:
I stated that illegal immigrants are not a threat, and Texmaster responded by linking to a list of people killed by illegal immigrants. The clear implication of that is "See, they ARE a threat."

Because SOME ARE.

You denied ANY are a threat. The ignorance in your thought process was amazing.

That is EXACTLY the same logic that white supremacists use about black people. You could literally just replace "blacks" with "illegal immigrants" in the previous paragraph, without the meaning changing AT ALL.

Once again the main point you have cowardly ducked over and over again is that not all illegals are of one race.

Your pathetic attempt at the race card is an epic failure when you deal with the reality of the racial makeup of illegal immigrants.

Per your article:

The AZ law will be a test case. I think it's an imperfect one-size-fits-all approach that may run into problems with even the most conservative of Federal courts.

Also, per the article "may"...

The problem is not the courts at this point, it is an extremely PARTISAN response from the Feds in Washington. Pathetic.

Just because SOME illegal immigrants have killed people doesn't mean that they're ALL a threat to you. That is the same moronic, racist reasoning that white supremacists use about black people.

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

The first one to bring in racism, white supremacy, and make references to black people.

A liberal as usual.

Here you go sir, You have earned it.

If they commit a crime (a REAL crime, not just the immigration violation) then by all means deport them. As for terrorists, I'm unaware of any madrassas springing up in Aguascalientes or Mexico City. When that happens, perhaps I'll take notice or care.

Except I wasn't talking about the ones already here. I was talking about continuing illegal immigration, which you said wasn't a threat. Should we not check people at the border to make sure it's safe to allow them to enter? If yes, then you're admitting that there is at least some level of threat in illegal immigration.

Ideally, yes. But that isn't a sufficient reason for shutting off the spigot of migrant workers. Most of them do not cause any problems; they took the initiative to come here in the first place, which means that they tend to be hard workers and don't want to do anything to jeopardize their new life.

Then maybe they could migrate, you know... legally.

You could also replace it with "criminals". Just because some sex offenders repeat offend doesn't mean the whole group is a threat, right? Well, actually, it does, for the simple reason that we're letting these people back into society, and if there's something we could do to stop them but choose not to, and they re-offend, that's partly on our hands.

There's another important thing to, which is that if they immigrated illegally, there was obviously a reason for them not taking the legal route. Many of them probably can't handle the insane bureaucracy of it, and for them I have sympathy, knowing a family in a similar situation. But the rest obviously have something they don't want our authorities to know... thus, as a whole, illegal immigrants are much more of a threat than any racial group you can point to.

Linking to a bunch of articles about illegal immigrants killing people is no different than linking to a bunch of articles about black people killing people. It's the same faulty logic.

So are you saying it IS different than linking to a bunch of white people killing people?

What the **** is the point you are getting at?

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

The first one to bring in racism, white supremacy, and make references to black people.

A liberal as usual.

Here you go sir, You have earned it.

Ok, that was funny

Are you starting to get the message Arizona?

What that there are people like you who don't even read the law let alone the federal law and mouth off with a false charge of racism before thinking things through?

Yeah, I think they got that.

So, the message is that liberals and the federal government controlled by liberals can be hypocritical and not enforce the laws? Thank you for exhibit number one why liberals can't be entrusted with the power of state.

What that there are people like you who don't even read the law let alone the federal law and mouth off with a false charge of racism before thinking things through?

Yeah, I think they got that.

Never called anyone a racist sir. Arizona has every right to pass almost any law they want, but people that think like I do have the right to protest and fight it as we see fit.

Never called anyone a racist sir. Arizona has every right to pass almost any law they want, but people that think like I do have the right to protest and fight it as we see fit.

We aren't talking about a regular Joe sir. We are talking about the head of ICE refusing to do the job he swore to uphold.

What, you mean this message?

More Americans Favor Than Oppose Arizona Immigration Law
PRINCETON, NJ -- More than three-quarters of Americans have heard about the state of Arizona's new immigration law, and of these, 51% say they favor it and 39% oppose it.

Or maybe this message?

Wide support for Arizona immigration law: poll - Yahoo! News
Some 73 percent of those surveyed said they approved of the provision which requires people to provide proof of their legal status, compared with 23 percent who disapproved.

A further 67 percent were in favor of allowing police to detain anyone unable to verify their legal status, while 62 percent supported police having the power to question anyone they believed may in the country illegally.

Overall, 59 percent of respondents approved of the Arizona law while 32 percent disapproved, the study found.

Yeah, I certainly hope they got those messages.

We aren't talking about a regular Joe sir. We are talking about the head of ICE refusing to do the job he swore to uphold.

I know how you feel. I feel the same way about the Police Dept sometimes.

Wait, so the government will not enforce federal law because they hate the AZ immigration law? How immature. They seriously care more about partisan politics and hate Republicans more than they care about enforcing our laws.

Wait, so the government will not enforce federal law because they hate the AZ immigration law? How immature. They seriously care more about partisan politics and hate Republicans more than they care about enforcing our laws.

Like the unicorn BTW. I'am all for enforcing laws. However, my main problem with this Arizona law is the very real danger it could lead to profiling. I hate being profiled. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. . If an illegal commits a crime in Arizona, what was to stop the LEO from asking for an id in the first place. Huh? This law is unnecassary. Do it Arizona. Just dont touch ANY of my rights as a citizen.

State leaders to federal government: "You're telling me that all we had to do to get you to not enforce your laws was pass our own versions that you don't like? JACKPOT."

Just because SOME illegal immigrants have killed people doesn't mean that they're ALL a threat to you. That is the same moronic, racist reasoning that white supremacists use about black people.

Accusing people of being racist, or comparing them to racists, simply because you disagree with their political positions is the height of laziness, not to mention disingenuous. It really is getting old.

Accusing people of being racist, or comparing them to racists, simply because you disagree with their political positions is the height of laziness, not to mention disingenuous. It really is getting old.

Not all people who agree with the Arizona law are racist. The majority of them are good, honest, hard working people. However, a small minority of them are racist, and sadly, the small minority are grouped with the majority. Sucks dont it.

Except I wasn't talking about the ones already here. I was talking about continuing illegal immigration, which you said wasn't a threat. Should we not check people at the border to make sure it's safe to allow them to enter? If yes, then you're admitting that there is at least some level of threat in illegal immigration.

Sure, just like there is some danger from native-born citizens, some danger from legal immigrants, some danger from nurses, some danger from people wearing green shirts, some danger from people who like pizza, and some danger from people who enjoy skiing. Surely SOME of them are criminals.

Dav said:
Then maybe they could migrate, you know... legally.

You know (or at least you SHOULD know) full well that legal immigration to the United States is very complicated and limited. When you suggest that, you know full well that you are telling most of them "get out and don't ever come back." You could at least be honest, instead of pretending to care about the immigration process itself.

Dav said:
You could also replace it with "criminals". Just because some sex offenders repeat offend doesn't mean the whole group is a threat, right?

Correct. I'm sure some of them are not threats.

Dav said:
There's another important thing to, which is that if they immigrated illegally, there was obviously a reason for them not taking the legal route. Many of them probably can't handle the insane bureaucracy of it, and for them I have sympathy, knowing a family in a similar situation. But the rest obviously have something they don't want our authorities to know... thus, as a whole, illegal immigrants are much more of a threat than any racial group you can point to.

:roll:
You don't get to invent silly explanations just because first acknowledge (and casually dismiss) the real explanation. I bolded the correct assessment of the situation in your statement above. Full stop. Everything after that is just baseless nonsense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom