• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top Obama Adviser: Unemployment Won't Be Key in 2012

8 pages into Google results all I can find is him saying that we would see massive teacher, police, and firefighter layoffs if we didn't pass a bill he signed last year which was supposed to "prevent the termination of 30,000+ teachers".

OK

I can understand why you're reluctant or willing to believe something simply because some stranger on the internet said so. I will not even try to convince you about this. However, I heard it, and I don't see anything inappropriate about using what I've heard to form my opinion. Nothing wrong with me stating my opinion either.

Wrong, they can provide incentive for the private sector to create jobs and massive regulations, tax uncertainty, the potential cost of Obamacare, the pro union policies do nothing to promote the private sector.

Suddenly, conservatives believe that the govt CAN create jobs. :spin:

OK

I can understand why you're reluctant or willing to believe something simply because some stranger on the internet said so. I will not even try to convince you about this. However, I heard it, and I don't see anything inappropriate about using what I've heard to form my opinion. Nothing wrong with me stating my opinion either.

You're absolutely right. I'm one of those "I need to see it" kind of people. I'll never stop you (or try to stop you) from voicing your opinion. How can we grow if we don't hear/see/do new things?

Some...

Then again...I think they can encourage activities that DO create jobs. The only jobs govt. can directly create are govt. jobs. And, as I said, in terms of revenue, private sector jobs are a net gain, public sector jobs are not.

Some...

Then again...I think they can encourage activities that DO create jobs. The only jobs govt. can directly create are govt. jobs. And, as I said, in terms of revenue, private sector jobs are a net gain, public sector jobs are not.

I don't beleive that ALL conservatives agree about anything, let alone this. I was just having some fun mocking someone I'm sure believes the govt can not create jobs.

Good thing all those GOP congressmen ran on jobs jobs jobs, should be getting a jobs bill passed aaaaaaannnyyyyy day now.

Good thing all those GOP congressmen ran on jobs jobs jobs, should be getting a jobs bill passed aaaaaaannnyyyyy day now.

Government doesnt create jobs.........any legislation that would actually help businesses would be opposed by Democrats and The Kenyan Tyrant........stopping Job Killing Democrat legislation remains the best way House Republicans can ease unemployment.

You know, it's really a fools notion to think that government can't create jobs. Ever heard of NASA? What about the railroads? And all this talk that government can't create wealth? Wonder how Beoing and Lockhead Martin got so rich? I know! Government contracts!!!

You know, it's really a fools notion to think that government can't create jobs. Ever heard of NASA? What about the railroads? And all this talk that government can't create wealth? Wonder how Beoing and Lockhead Martin got so rich? I know! Government contracts!!!

Get this through your head........GOVERNMENT DOESNT HAVE MONEY........THEY HAVE OUR MONEY........

.....money that is stolen from Employers, Consumers, Job Creators, Entreprenuers, and Business Owners. For Government to "create a job".....especially at the cost of $278,000 per job........means they have to kill 3-10 private sector jobs.

Schieffer: You were talking in kind of a different way when unemployment went to 5% under George Bush. What you said then was that Americans were struggling with skyrocketing energy prices, gas was only $3 a gallon then. And you said “This morning’s jobs report confirms what most Americans already knew-President Bush’s economic policies have failed our country’s middle class.” I mean aren’t Republicans entitled to say. You know if gas was $3 and unemployment was 5% and, and the president has failed the American people. Don’t they have a right to say that this president has failed the American people?
Pelosi: Well if you want to go into the past we can talk about the past all you want. The public wants to know about the future. What are you going to do to create jobs, good paying jobs in this country.

Last edited:
Get this through your head........GOVERNMENT DOESNT HAVE MONEY........THEY HAVE OUR MONEY........

.....money that is stolen from Employers, Consumers, Job Creators, Entreprenuers, and Business Owners. For Government to "create a job".....especially at the cost of $278,000 per job........means they have to kill 3-10 private sector jobs.

I'd say that it's only "your money" if you earned it without using any resources that were created with taxpayer money. If you never use the public roads, electricity, the Post Office, the Internet, etc....then it's your money. Otherwise, the govt is taking "our" money away from you. If you don't like it, get the heck off of our internet

I'm not getting into one of those "who's money is it really" discussions with you beyond what I will post herein.

So many people who believe as you do yet claim to be such stauch "Constitutionalist" seem to ignore those sections of the Constitution that gives Congress the power to lay and collect taxes. Once the means of taxation has been approved by the very representatives WE vote into office on both sides of the political divide and that means has been entered into the tax code and said funds go to the Treasury, it's no longer my money! It's the federal government's money. It's the same way if you buy something from a store. It goes from your wallet (or in this age of electronic transactions, your bank via EFT) to the retailer. Once that money is out of your hands and in their cash register it no longer belongs to you.

End of story!

Last edited:
I'm not getting into one of those "who's money is it really" discussions with you beyond what I will post herein.

So many people who believe as you do yet claim to be such stauch "Constitutionalist" seem to ignore those sections of the Constitution that gives Congress the power to lay and collect taxes. Once that means of taxation has been approved by the very representatives on both sides of the political divide has been decided via the tax code and said funds go to the Treasury, it's no longer my money! It's the federal government's money. It's the same way if you buy something from a store. It goes from your wallet (or in this age of electronic transactions, your bank via EFT) to the retailer. Once that money is out of your hands and in their cash register it no longer belongs to you.

End of story!

They're the same people who think the govt can't create jobs and complain that Obama isn't creating any jobs

Government doesnt create jobs.........any legislation that would actually help businesses would be opposed by Democrats and The Kenyan Tyrant........stopping Job Killing Democrat legislation remains the best way House Republicans can ease unemployment.

Yeah, that's doing wonders so far, isn't it?

They're the same people who think the govt can't create jobs and complain that Obama isn't creating any jobs

Republicans know exactly what they're doing. It's the 1930's all over again whereby Progressives push federal spending to stimulate job growth via public works projects and eventually via the "military industrial complex" while Conservatives stress belt tightening regardless of how doing such negatively impacts the national economy.

Again, I understand the need to reduce wasteful spending. But don't cut to the detriment to the country's immediate future. If you can do spending cuts in 5, 10 year increments, fine. Do it! But this country needs to start seeing progress yesterday!!! It's not a matter of which side of the political divide wins or loses; if neither side is willing to really compromise WE ALL LOSE!!!

GOP controls the House only or did you forget. The GOP House seems to be the only adults in the room. The way to grow jobs is not through a jobs bill but instead to cut spending and provide incentive back in the private sector. Senate and the President have no interest in doing that.

GOP controls the House only or did you forget. The GOP House seems to be the only adults in the room. The way to grow jobs is not through a jobs bill but instead to cut spending and provide incentive back in the private sector. Senate and the President have no interest in doing that.

ANd how many jobs bills has the House passed?

Hint (it's less than 1)

Because all money and wealth begins and ends with government right?

So many people who believe as you do yet claim to be such stauch "Constitutionalist" seem to ignore those sections of the Constitution that gives Congress the power to lay and collect taxes. Once the means of taxation has been approved by the very representatives WE vote into office on both sides of the political divide and that means has been entered into the tax code and said funds go to the Treasury, it's no longer my money! It's the federal government's money.

....to fund THE SPECIFIC GOVERNMENTAL DUTIES LAID OUT IN THE CONSTITUTION........not the ever growing all controlling liberal nanny state government and all its whims......

It's the same way if you buy something from a store. It goes from your wallet (or in this age of electronic transactions, your bank via EFT) to the retailer. Once that money is out of your hands and in their cash register it no longer belongs to you.

End of story!

If it was the same way.........you would either buy what the store owner told you.........or the store owner would send men with guns to your door and ensure you buy what he told you.

278,000? lol wtf your crazy. the jobs they would make would be through contracts and would involve all sectors, instead of just tax breaks, and the only money stolen from people is when you pay your energy bill, fuel your car up, those prices are high as ****, yet G.E. and Exxon pay lower taxes than anyone else

Last edited:
278,000? lol wtf your crazy. the jobs they would make would be through contracts and would involve all sectors, instead of just tax breaks, and the only money stolen from people is when you pay your energy bill, fuel your car up, those prices are high as ****, yet G.E. and Exxon dont pay lower taxes than anyone else

The # includes the tax breaks for businesses that were in the bill, proving that tax cuts don't create jobs!!!! :lol:

I'd say that it's only "your money" if you earned it without using any resources that were created with taxpayer money. If you never use the public roads, electricity, the Post Office, the Internet, etc....then it's your money. Otherwise, the govt is taking "our" money away from you. If you don't like it, get the heck off of our internet

How does my property belong to you? How does the internet service I pay for from a private company belong to you?

You looters seem to think everything belongs to you, you've never understood the word "mine."

Because all money and wealth begins and ends with government right?
Did I say that? No, I did not. I was merely pointing out that the notion the GOP has that the federal government can't generate jobs nor create wealth is a ridiculous notion! There are plenty of people/private businesses that have made a fortune off the government, mostly through government contracts. Former VP Dick Cheney got rich that way (re: Halliburton), as did TVA, Beoing, Lockhead, CTX, and so many others through public/private partnerships. Many of our politicians have made their fortunes off the government. Why do you think folks like Mitch McConnell is so reluctant to give up earmarks in his state? It's call "kickbacks" from lobbyists for getting certain bills or provisions within same passed or kept out of legislation!

If it was the same way.........you would either buy what the store owner told you.........or the store owner would send men with guns to your door and ensure you buy what he told you.

Do you see a "police state" in everything as you do the "nanny state"? Why be so paranoid?

Last edited:
lol naw, mabye they create jobs in other countries where they spend their "tax cut" checks xD

The # includes the tax breaks for businesses that were in the bill, proving that tax cuts don't create jobs!!!! :lol:

The way to grow jobs is to cut spending? So why did Reagan do they exact opposite?

278,000? lol wtf your crazy.

Obama
Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

Insanity lies withing the belief that government creates jobs.......that Obama--a man who never ran so much as a lemonade stand--would know how to create jobs and revive the economy.

the jobs they would make would be through contracts and would involve all sectors,

Correction....the jobs they would TEMPORARILY FUND would involve the sectors that government chooses.........and only the sectors that government chooses.....

instead of just tax breaks, and the only money stolen from people is when you pay your energy bill, fuel your car up, those prices are high as ****, yet G.E. and Exxon pay lower taxes than anyone else

Maybe they are high as hell for a reason...........

.........maybe 50 years of Democrat Sierra Club NO-ENERGY Policies are coming home to roost.......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom