• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top Mideast Officials Fly to US as Peace Talks Crisis Looms

The Prof

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2010091...elpalestinianspeaceusdiplomacy_20100919185822

Some comments:

1. HRC's Secty of Stateship has been a complete catastrophe.

2. For us.

3. And for her.

4. As the first foghorn at Foggy Bottom, Mrs Clinton is the comprehensive characterization of Barack Hussein's bankrupt and bereft foreign policy.

5. Look at it, look at United States foreign policy under over-his-head Obama and his sadsack Secretary.

6. From Afghanistan to Iran to China to Putin to Brazil and Turkey to Korea to the Cartels to these most-made-of MIDEAST PEACE TALKS, yet another hi profile foreign policy flop.

7. We don't have one, under THIS particular Secty of State we have NO foreign policy.

8. Outside OBAMA'S WAR which he ESCALATED and his results-bereft REACHOUT to planet Earth to change America's image abroad, what is there?

9. Currency revaluation with Hu?

10. Global warming climate accords?

11. Sanctions vs Iran?

12. Does our STATE DEPT possess even a TALKING POINT about what we should do as a nation to counteract the cartels?

13. Beyond SUING the people of Arizona, that is?

14. Hillary, notably, early in the YEAR OF OBAMA notoriously blamed Uncle Sam for Mexican drug violence.

15. When is oblivious Obama gonna meet personally with the leaders of Iran without preconditions?

16. When will he wake up to the reality that a one-on-one with Ahmedinejad is not only pointless, it's impossible?

17. Before or after moving KSM to Manhattan?

18. Before or after the Mosque To Improve Relations is built?

19. Did you see the ELECTIONS in Afghanistan this weekend, the tiny turnout, the violence, the fraud?

20. What could one conceivably expect with Karzai as your collaborator?

21. When is the deadline; the pull out; the draw down; the Afghanization; the exit strategy; the glide path; the transition, conditions based, of course?

22. He's STILL dithering.

23. How can we possibly leave the Mountains on the Moon in any semblance of stability when the corrupt and drug-laced poppy-ocracy can't even conduct provincial elections WHILE WE'RE STILL THERE?

24. Get real.

25. I'm talking to Ms HRC, here.

26. You once possessed a prodigious promise.

27. There's a mournful and mounting measure of Hillary remorse astir in the hearts of all professional progressives.

28. You would obliterate your oblivious boss in almost any blue primary.

29. You coulda been somebody.

30. Not anymore, not after THIS secretariat.

31. Barack Hussein's overseas affairs are an acute embarrassment.

32. And you are its full blooded, breathing embodiment.

The Prof

Last edited:
I don't expect to see any lasting substantive Peace to come from any talks and I think it's naive to think that Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas who advocates the elimination of Israel will be forthright ever.

I believe Israel has gone o8t of their way to be end hostilities but to no avail.

If Obama in as amateurish at this as he is at everything else he'll claim success and everyone will go back to square one and the Palestinians will resume the rocket attacks.

The Israel thing is an excuse, if Israel didn't exist, the Pales would find something else. This is about the will to power, not any redress of grievances. They need Israel as a target to keep their people from focusing inward.

It's the perfect storm.

A weak President, Vice President, Speaker and Secretary of State, plus overconfident Islamic extremists.

This is really very dangerous because fifth columns can be anywhere, and it will not necessarily be a military war.

It's the perfect storm.

A weak President, Vice President, Speaker and Secretary of State, plus overconfident Islamic extremists.

This is really very dangerous because fifth columns can be anywhere, and it will not necessarily be a military war.

Yes it's all Obama's fault. Damn him for potentially claiming a peace breakthrough for the dems. We can't have that!

Sarcasm button off.

Waste of time. Obviously nobody over there wants to get along. Its time to cut our losses and tell them that they're on their own, let them kill each other.

Except, that Israel has nukes and we need to--as much as possible--prevent a situation where Israel may be in a position to use those nukes.

Except, that Israel has nukes and we need to--as much as possible--prevent a situation where Israel may be in a position to use those nukes.

If Israel has to defend themselves to the point they have to use the bomb, I say let them. Their defense shouldnt be dependent on a green light from us. Im pretty sure they're comptent enough to make a call to use the bomb if neccessary.

If Israel has to defend themselves to the point they have to use the bomb, I say let them. Their defense shouldnt be dependent on a green light from us. Im pretty sure they're comptent enough to make a call to use the bomb if neccessary.

Um, no, I don't think that we should sit it out, and let it go that far.

The support of Israel ensures a stable US-friendly nation in what has been a very unstable region of the world and in my opinion this has never been more important.

Waste of time. Obviously nobody over there wants to get along. Its time to cut our losses and tell them that they're on their own, let them kill each other.

Those countries have been fighting each other for thousands of years. Why on earth does anyone think they will ever stop? Nothing our leaders say and or do is going to phase them one iota. It is what it is. And what it is are countries that push around other countries causing chaos, pain, suffering, maiming and murder. America needs to butt out and let them have at it...

Last edited:
Moderator's Warning:
Thread moved to the ME forum

Not our problem. If Israel was stupid enough to drop nukes in the Middle East they would be bringing down every nation in the ME down including themselves. No Israel, No Arabs, No Problem. :lol:

Fortunately the Israeli government tends to be responsible, so i will rule this possibility out, for now.

We need to help both sides achieve peace while they can, and i mean we have to do everything to contribute to helping this process. But if the talks collapse again, and tensions rise beyond a level whereby sitting around a table together is not possible, then i agree we need to cut our losses and run.
I support Israel fully in her pursuit for peace but at the end of the day she isn't my people on my continent and she isn't our responsibility here in the West. No good dragging ourselves into a conflict with her or wasting resources trying to solve an irreparable problem.

Last edited:
Not our problem. If Israel was stupid enough to drop nukes in the Middle East they would be bringing down every nation in the ME down including themselves. No Israel, No Arabs, No Problem. :lol:

Fortunately the Israeli government tends to be responsible, so i will rule this possibility out, for now.

We need to help both sides achieve peace while they can, and i mean we have to do everything to contribute to helping this process. But if the talks collapse again, and tensions rise beyond a level whereby sitting around a table together is not possible, then i agree we need to cut our losses and run.
I support Israel fully in her pursuit for peace but at the end of the day she isn't my people on my continent and she isn't our responsibility here in the West. No good dragging ourselves into a conflict with her or wasting resources trying to solve an irreparable problem.

No major country can isolate itself from what Muslims are doing. Whatever happens in Israel will sooner or later happen in the Europe, North America and elsewhere.

I noticed Muslims have even moved into my quiet enclave in Central America, hyping their search for "peace" and patiently pointing out the advantages of Islam over Catholicism. Soon they'll be demanding their ever increasing 'rights', just as they have elsewhere, and two or three acts of terrorism, couples with the threat of more, will be guaranteed to get them whatever they want. It is the religion of fear.

Those countries have been fighting each other for thousands of years. Why on earth does anyone think they will ever stop? Nothing our leaders say and or do is going to phase them one iota. It is what it is. And what it is are countries that push around other countries causing chaos, pain, suffering, maiming and murder. America needs to butt out and let them have at it...

Can you expand on that? reasons etc

Paul

No major country can isolate itself from what Muslims are doing. Whatever happens in Israel will sooner or later happen in the Europe, North America and elsewhere.

Which is why immigration from the East needs to be strictly regulated, in order to reduce unemployment, relieve the stress from exploited wealth programmes and increase employment prospects for the native populations, or at least strictly moderate immigration from Muslim countries that generally do not have a moderate population.
My fathers birth place of Istanbul is very European and would think it a shame to punish a nation that is trying to move away from all that typical Muslim ideals.

I noticed Muslims have even moved into my quiet enclave in Central America, hyping their search for "peace" and patiently pointing out the advantages of Islam over Catholicism. Soon they'll be demanding their ever increasing 'rights', just as they have elsewhere, and two or three acts of terrorism, couples with the threat of more, will be guaranteed to get them whatever they want. It is the religion of fear.

Christianity is no better, sorry. At least Catholicism isn't anyway. During the 80's and 90's we lived in constant fear of the IRA. We would hear an Irish accent on the subway or in a building and run a mile the opposite direction. All religion has the power of manipulation and fear, and all religions have the power to spread this under the guise of peace.

Back
Top Bottom