• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top Jeb Bush adviser leaves GOP, will vote for Clinton if Florida close

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
(CNN)Jeb Bush's top adviser, Sally Bradshaw, has left the Republican Party to become an independent, and says if the presidential race in Florida is close, she'll vote for Hillary Clinton.

Here is what I don't freakin' understand. A few top Republicans are leaving the party, and saying that they will vote for Hillary Clinton. Why don't they vote for Gary Johnson instead, since his views are much closer to theirs?

This needs discussion, because the LP now represents what Republicans used to be. Why are they being kicked to the curb by Republicans who, rather than joining the LP, choose to hop onto the Hillary bus and run the LP over?

Article is here.

So she will vote for clinton only if close? doesn't make sense. So Trump is okay if she knows he will lose but if he might win she will vote for clinton? Someone please explain that logic.

Here is what I don't freakin' understand. A few top Republicans are leaving the party, and saying that they will vote for Hillary Clinton. Why don't they vote for Gary Johnson instead, since his views are much closer to theirs?

This needs discussion, because the LP now represents what Republicans used to be. Why are they being kicked to the curb by Republicans who, rather than joining the LP, choose to hop onto the Hillary bus and run the LP over?

Article is here.

They probably figure Libertarian party votes might end up helping trump.

Article is here.

The only thing I can think of, is that they desire the attention, with the exception of a few like George Will who I believe is sincere. This guy? Attention whore, maybe? I seriously doubt that when he's in that voting booth, that he "pulls the lever" for Hillary.

As for me, I've finally gotten to the point of changing my registration. I haven't done it yet, but plan to before November. The last straw for me, was when I read the current GOP platform.

EDIT: oh yeah, all the crap from the GOP in the NC legislature has just embarrassed the hell out of me and pissed my the hell off that they are that ignorant and hateful. So, there's that, too, that helped me make my decision.

Last edited:
Here is what I don't freakin' understand. A few top Republicans are leaving the party, and saying that they will vote for Hillary Clinton. Why don't they vote for Gary Johnson instead, since his views are much closer to theirs? This needs discussion, because the LP now represents what Republicans used to be. Why are they being kicked to the curb by Republicans who, rather than joining the LP, choose to hop onto the Hillary bus and run the LP over?

Is the LP REALLY all that close? I'd say it depends on which Libertarian you talk to on which day. I imagine these top Pubs are trying to send a message to the spit balls trying to take the PUB party to a really bad place.

It's one thing to throw the vote away on a tiny 3rd party- or not vote at all- another to add that vote to 'the enemy'. ;)

But i wonder just how much of 'an enemy' the two parties members really are... sure the platforms are quite opposing but I wonder if many of the social issues both sides fight over really are embraced by most party officials in their heart of hearts. I often wonder how many of the 'defining' fiscal stances are really believed by each individual.

Would a conservative leaning Dem 'work' for many Pub officials? How about a socially liberal Pub? I think so. Party politics is a job and I sometimes wonder if the party officials we see on Sunday mornings (and those who prep such talking heads) actually believe all they spout or are they toeing the 'party line' for the cameras... :peace

The only thing I can think of, is that they desire the attention, with the exception of a few like George Will who I believe is sincere. This guy? Attention whore, maybe? I seriously doubt that when he's in that voting booth, that he "pulls the lever" for Hillary.

As for me, I've finally gotten to the point of changing my registration. I haven't done it yet, but plan to before November. The last straw for me, was when I read the current GOP platform.

EDIT: oh yeah, all the crap from the GOP in the NC legislature has just embarrassed the hell out of me and pissed my the hell off that they are that ignorant and hateful. So, there's that, too, that helped me make my decision.

New registration is now LP, I hope. :)

Article is here.

Seems they are mad their candidate Jeb got decimated in the primaries. Kind of like when the kid who brought the Nintendo over would unplug it and take it home if you beat him.

Seems they are mad their candidate Jeb got decimated in the primaries. Kind of like when the kid who brought the Nintendo over would unplug it and take it home if you beat him.

I don't buy that. I truly believe that Trump is a disaster in the making.

Trump's ass is grass and when November rolls around Hillary Clinton will be the lawnmower.

Wait and see.

The same hate and fear which has caused some people to support Trump will inspire others to vote against him.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch,running out of time,GOP.

Article is here.
Because, most likely, his views are NOT closer to theirs.

Article is here.
Maybe they watched the libertarian debate and felt like arguing over the civil rights act, driver's licenses, and roads were fringe positions. The LP made itself look very stupid.

I don't buy that. I truly believe that Trump is a disaster in the making.

It seems strange to me that they would vote for Clinton, who we know will be a disaster.

He probably feels the way many others do, that a sociopathic madman with a campaign manager who used to be a fluffer for the ousted Ukrainian president, puppet of Moscow, would be such a grievous injury to this nation that he wanted to put his vote toward a person who he may have major problems with, but is undoubtedly an extremely knowledgeable and well qualified candidate, with extensive foreign and domestic policy experience.

A vote for the LP is fine with me, but the LP has no chance to win the presidency at this time, and all it does is give people an opportunity to tell themselves that they aren't responsible for whatever happens in the future under either of the two major party candidates. That's okay too. I threw up my hands in 2008 and refused to vote for a charming empty suit with a great smile or the Bush-lite/Bubble-brain ticket, voting for neither. However, neither candidate scared the crap out of me the way Trump does.

If that's anyone's choice I respect it. But if Trump wins, Putin grins, and suddenly we have a man in the WH who has repeatedly proven his global ignorance on an epic scale. :shrug:

New registration is now LP, I hope. :)

Right now I'm leaning toward independent, since we don't have a "none of the above" party in my state. I do like a number of the positions of the LP, but they had a short fat Viking looking guy get naked on stage at their party convention while he gave his speach. *shutters*

So she will vote for clinton only if close? doesn't make sense. So Trump is okay if she knows he will lose but if he might win she will vote for clinton? Someone please explain that logic.

She doesn't think Trump is qualified to be President and she is a lifelong Republican. You didn't understand that?

It seems strange to me that they would vote for Clinton, who we know will be a disaster.

It IS strange that you can't see what they are so frightened of that they would vote for the "enemy". No one knows Hillary like those that have worked to tear her down and they see her as a much safer bet than Trump and yes that is even taking SC nominations into account. The lunatics have taken over the asylum and they have to take a stand for sanity.

Right now I'm leaning toward independent, since we don't have a "none of the above" party in my state. I do like a number of the positions of the LP, but they had a short fat Viking looking guy get naked on stage at their party convention while he gave his speach. *shutters*

Yea, the LP does have it's share of crazies, but I'll take them over the Democrats and Republicans this year. LOL.

Jeb Bush would never have mocked and insulted a Gold Star Family.

lulz. He just would have wasted American lives in a needless war in some Godforsaken land. This is the same clownish buffoon who thinks it's a good idea to have a no fly zone in Syria and thinks that getting into a pointless war in Iraq was brilliant. He'd ask our sons and daughters to die in foreign wars and then whine about having to fund government to pay for it. The Bush family hates our troops and sees the men and women of our military as nothing more than fodder to be thrown about for their own personal enrichment.

She is the Jeb Whisperer, the power behind the throne.
Though Jeb Bush’s campaign for president had a shakeup before it even officially became a campaign, one aspect of Jeb World remains as clear as ever: Sally Bradshaw is running the show

Read more: Jeb Bush 2016: Inside the campaign shake-up - POLITICO
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

JEB! is done in politics, no one is going to hire her after this disaster...this goes in the "who cares" bin.

He probably feels the way many others do, that a sociopathic madman with a campaign manager who used to be a fluffer for the ousted Ukrainian president, puppet of Moscow, would be such a grievous injury to this nation that he wanted to put his vote toward a person who he may have major problems with, but is undoubtedly an extremely knowledgeable and well qualified candidate, with extensive foreign and domestic policy experience.

A vote for the LP is fine with me, but the LP has no chance to win the presidency at this time, and all it does is give people an opportunity to tell themselves that they aren't responsible for whatever happens in the future under either of the two major party candidates. That's okay too. I threw up my hands in 2008 and refused to vote for a charming empty suit with a great smile or the Bush-lite/Bubble-brain ticket, voting for neither. However, neither candidate scared the crap out of me the way Trump does.

If that's anyone's choice I respect it. But if Trump wins, Putin grins, and suddenly we have a man in the WH who has repeatedly proven his global ignorance on an epic scale. :shrug:

Hillary is a criminal liar with serious baggage going into this, chump is a braggart dimwit that sells things (himself) well. Either way were screwed. Don't try to sell that old windbag hillary as some kind of excellent choice, the two of them are EQUALLY awful choices, just for different reasons.

Back
Top Bottom