• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top hardline Moscow general warns Putin NOT to invade Ukraine and accuses him of a 'criminal policy of provoking a war' in rare outbreak of internal

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

"
A top retired Moscow general has warned Vladimir Putin not to go to war with Ukraine, accusing the leader of whipping up an 'artificial' conflict to distract from his domestic problems.

Colonel-General Leonid Ivashov, 78, penned an open letter titled 'The Eve of War' in which he blasted Putin's 'criminal policy of provoking a war' despite Russia not facing any 'critical threats'.

The rare outburst of internal dissent comes as Emmanuel Macron jets to the Kremlin for crisis talks with Putin, a day after the White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan said an invasion could come 'any day' at an 'enormous human cost'.....
Commenting on the letter, Stanford Moscow expert Michael McFaul, who previously served as the US ambassador to Moscow, said: 'This is a big deal. At one time, General Ivashov was one of the most respected (and hawkish) leaders in the Moscow MOD.

'Moscow generals don't usually get involved in public policy debates, especially ones like Ivashov.'
"

LOL, the stalinists are against putin´s Ilynists (fascists) , my question: can the stalinists stop this war ? eventually kill the moscow czar ? what´d be our strategy,should we provide support to General´s anti-putin coup ? Looks like purin´s ozero gang is in the middle of huge mess ....)))

related , Putin´s imperialist ideology :

The good general will be best served by not venturing above the ground floor in any building……

The good general will be best served by not venturing above the ground floor in any building……
I have never seen nothing like this, Muscovite generals usually are serving like the dogs to Moscow despots, but here is something totally unusual happened , my guess many Putin´s old generals have Ukrainian wives , children etc, they dont want this imperialist war

Thanks for the startling news.

I now fear for the general's safety.

Hopefully, other generals are discreetly conveying the same message to President Putin.

(I now understand why some people in other countries ask Americans not to condemn out of hand coups d'etat. Sometimes a leader -- such as President Putin or President Xi -- should be removed. Hear tell the British in the 1930s ruled out any attempt to "terminate" Herr Hitler. The Israelis have no such inhibitions. And the U.S. has just terminated a leading terrorist.)

Hopefully, other generals are discreetly conveying the same message to President Putin.

I dont think that putin can kill entire All-Moscow Officers' Assembly

you know that it happened already in Muscovite history , right ?

Anders Åslund on Twitter: "This is extraordinary. Rtd General ...

https://twitter.com › anders_aslund › status

2 days ago — ... well-known hardliner, now chairman of the All-Moscow Officers' Assembly, publishes an appeal to the Russian President & citizens not to ...

Paul I of Muscovy - Wikipedia​

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Paul_I_of_Russia

The death of de Ribas in December 1800 delayed the assassination; but, on the night of 23 March [O.S. 11 March] 1801, a band of dismissed officers murdered Paul .

53876121-10484417-image-a-16_1644236150455.jpg

Wow. That's pretty huge. I would expect him to be poisoned with Novichok now.

Or perhaps he will become Navalny's cellmate.

Last edited:
Wow. That's pretty huge. I would expect him to be poisoned with Novichok now.

Or perhaps he will become Navalny's cellmate.
agreed

this open letter was written by All-Moscow Officers' Assembly (Officers organization) where Colonel-General Leonid Ivashov is the chairman. so in order to punish them all, putin has to start 1937 - purges, not sure that this sort maffiaman can do it

(I now understand why some people in other countries ask Americans not to condemn out of hand coups d'etat. Sometimes a leader -- such as President Putin or President Xi -- should be removed. Hear tell the British in the 1930s ruled out any attempt to "terminate" Herr Hitler. The Israelis have no such inhibitions. And the U.S. has just terminated a leading terrorist.)
looks like putin walks in tsar Paul´s footsteps 🤣

(y)

Someone is gonna be having some polonium tea soon

agreed

this open letter was written by All-Moscow Officers' Assembly (Officers organization) where Colonel-General Leonid Ivashov is the chairman. so in order to punish them all, putin has to start 1937 - purges, not sure that this sort maffiaman can do it

That's VERY interesting. This doesn't appear to be shaping up to go well for Putin...

Here's an interesting dilemma for Putin. So, he piles a buncha troops on the border and then demands a concession that Ukraine will never join NATO. His complaint is that NATO has been getting closer and closer to Russia with every country that joins in. OK, then. So if the demand is not met, and he takes Ukraine, makes it part of Russia, does that not put Russia and NATO even closer together anyway if Russia expands closer to NATO?

Back
Top Bottom