• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top bullfighter gored to death in Spain

Scrabaholic

certified batshit crazy
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A bullfighter was gored to death Saturday in front of horrified spectators — the first Spanish matador to die in the ring this century.

Victor Barrio, 29, was killed when the bull’s horn pierced his chest as he fought the 1,200-pound beast, Lorenzo, in the town of Teruel in the eastern region of Aragon.

Top bullfighter gored to death in Spain | New York Post

I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for this piece of excrement. You take part in such a cruel "sport" and get gored, well you just got hit by the karma bus.

I take no pleasure in his death, but he accepted the risk when he indulged in a sport designed with one goal in mind... torturing an animal to death for fun.

I take no pleasure in his death, but he accepted the risk when he indulged in a sport designed with one goal in mind... torturing an animal to death for fun.

It isn't even that though, when you put yourself directly in harm's way on purpose, you shouldn't be surprised when you come to harm. That's like dodging semis on the highway for fun. Don't be surprised when one hits you.

fishing is similar.

Who cares about victim blaming and who's fault it was that he died.

He died doing what he loved, obviously.

Good for the bull.

Bullfighting is nothing but animal torture.

If you are going to kill an animal then kill it dammit.

By the time the diva matador walks into the ring the bull has already been weakened.
The picadors on horses drive lances into the bull's back and neck muscles so the the bull is unable to life his head upward.
Next the banderilleros run into the ring and plunge the colored sticks into his back to cause blood lost.
Once the bull is ran ragged and has lost blood loss the brave matador struts in.

I don't know why they just don't use a chain saw and cut the bull's feet off and then let the bravado matador dance in.

With all the bad news we had recently this is uplifting note.

Last edited:
Score one for the bulls?

So what happens to that bull now?

I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for this piece of excrement. You take part in such a cruel "sport" and get gored, well you just got hit by the karma bus.

The only people I feel sorry for are his loved ones, he decides to play murder the bull in a gory way and lost to the bull, sucks to be him but it sucks to be the bull even more IMHO. This is a blood sport that has no place in the 21st century IMHO.

The only people I feel sorry for are his loved ones, he decides to play murder the bull in a gory way and lost to the bull, sucks to be him but it sucks to be the bull even more IMHO. This is a blood sport that has no place in the 21st century IMHO.

[FONT=&quot]"Bullfighting is the only art in which the artist is in danger of death and in which the degree of brilliance in the performance is left to the fighter's honor." --Ernest Hemingway[/FONT]

[FONT="]"Bullfighting is the only art in which the artist is in danger of death and in which the degree of brilliance in the performance is left to the fighter's honor." --Ernest Hemingway[/FONT]

Yeah, tell that to the bull. What Hemingway wrote is romanticized bull crap, if your honor depends on you torturing and killing animals for fun, then you have no honor because you are a worthless piece of human excrement.

Those matadors are cowards. They spear and even drug the bulls so they are at a disadvantage. If they had any balls, they'd engage in Freestyle Bullfighting. No spears, no drugs, just a flank strap like in bull riding. The bull is not injured and is not killed afterward. If the bullfighter gets injured, he knew the chances when he signed up and the bull is never blamed.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't care for it myself, but he seemed a good strong healthy guy, now dead from stupidity.

Anybody that climbs in a closed place with a bull is just looking for sever injury.

I root for the bulls and horses at rodeos: "how long's it gonna take before this idiot gets what's comin to'em"...

Bull fights used to feed the poor, then they thought is was chique.

fishing is similar.

Since when is it the aim for a fisherman to kill the animal by sticking a sword in a fish's brains after torturing him with sticking sharp objects in his back to weaken him?

Most fisherman fish for sport (and put back their fish without killing it) and some fish to eat it, but again, not through a process of torturing the fish to death.

Yeah, tell that to the bull. What Hemingway wrote is romanticized bull crap, if your honor depends on you torturing and killing animals for fun, then you have no honor because you are a worthless piece of human excrement.

[h=1]“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”[/h]
Ernest Hemingway

Spain also has one of the worst human-rights' records in Europe. No wonder they have bullfights...

Spain also has one of the worst human-rights' records in Europe. No wonder they have bullfights...

compared to say the German Holocaust, French British and Belgium colonialism in the last 100 years, or the Stalinist Purges? what's the time line? How about the Genocide in the area formerly known as Yugoslavia?

compared to say the German Holocaust, French British and Belgium colonialism in the last 100 years, or the Stalinist Purges? what's the time line? How about the Genocide in the area formerly known as Yugoslavia?

I meant currently. And I said ONE OF, not the....

Has means present.

Back
Top Bottom