• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top bullfighter gored to death in Spain

[h=1]“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”[/h]
Ernest Hemingway

That may be his opinion, from the three I can only see one true sport and that is motor racing, bull fighting is a barbaric relic from bygone era's, mountaineering is not a sport, it is an activity in which one person challenges himself to achieve great personal goals, but not as a sport. Don't get me wrong, some a great athletic and sporty men and women (I love American Ninja Warrior) but I just do not see it as a sport.

But than again I am not Hemingway (nor would I ever try to achieve something like he did).

compared to say the German Holocaust, French British and Belgium colonialism in the last 100 years, or the Stalinist Purges? what's the time line? How about the Genocide in the area formerly known as Yugoslavia?

Well, you seem to forget the 40 plus years Spain was ruled under the regime of General Franco, which was a horrendous regime for 40 years.

fishing is similar.

:lamo

Indeed, the fish is led into an arena filled with cheering, bloodthirsty fans, and for approximately 20 minutes is repeatedly stabbed during three separate "acts", after which time it is put to death, with a dozen lances sticking out of its bloodied corpse.

Yep. Bullfighting is exactly like fishing! :lol:

Indeed, the fish is led into an arena filled with cheering, bloodthirsty fans, and for approximately 20 minutes is repeatedly stabbed during three separate "acts", after which time it is put to death, with a dozen lances sticking out of its bloodied corpse.

damn, my fly fishing trips sound boring now

First death in the ring since 1985 I read.

Big. Yawn.

Never seen a bullfight.

It is on my bucket list, about midway down.

Spain also has one of the worst human-rights' records in Europe. No wonder they have bullfights...

No wonder, why?

How are humans harmed by bullfighting (stipulating that fighting a bull can hurt).

Must have drawn Jordan or Pippen. Too bad for Juan.

No wonder, why?

How are humans harmed by bullfighting (stipulating that fighting a bull can hurt).

I would assume that Abbazorkzog meant is that they have a horrible attitude to human's rights, so their attitude towards animals most likely is even much worse. If you don't care for human rights, than animals rights will also not be respected or fought for.

Top bullfighter gored to death in Spain | New York Post

I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for this piece of excrement. You take part in such a cruel "sport" and get gored, well you just got hit by the karma bus.

I think this and the running of the bulls are spain's version of a stupid redneck sports where someone ****s with a dangerous pissed off animal for the amusement of idiots.Sure as far as I know red necks don't gore a bull or horse practically to death before riding it, or gore a catfish before dipping their hand in bait in order to catch a catfish by allowing a catfish to bite it.

exactly <> similar.

your argument is a losing one when you have to put words in other peoples mouths.

Spain also has one of the worst human-rights' records in Europe. No wonder they have bullfights...

I'll bet they get put in charge of the Human Rights Committee at the UN. :lol:

exactly <> similar.

your argument is a losing one when you have to put words in other peoples mouths.

Similar <> nothing at all in common.

We went to a bull fight in Spain a few years back. Saw one "fight" and left, everyone disgusted with what we saw. I guess if you could forget that the whole thing revolved around torturing and killing an animal, it might be entertaining. It is quite a spectacle, but one 'fight' is enough to last me a lifetime and more.

Unlike some others, I'm not happy the guy was killed. It's a risk he chose, and for that reason I don't see a reason to mourn him in any way, but no doubt the person from toddler or before was brought up watching and admiring the activity, and I'm not comfortable making moral judgments. I've spent enough time around modern pig farming to realize this guy might have a great deal more respect for animals than our factory farmers, and on a life cycle basis, no doubt that bull had a good life compared to the cows, pigs and chickens most of us eat regularly.

Similar <> nothing at all in common.

We went to a bull fight in Spain a few years back. Saw one "fight" and left, everyone disgusted with what we saw. I guess if you could forget that the whole thing revolved around torturing and killing an animal, it might be entertaining. It is quite a spectacle, but one 'fight' is enough to last me a lifetime and more.

I went to one on ce in Mexico that was a charity fund raiser for the local Mexican red cross. The star of the show was ranked second best in Mexico. Though I could see that that the matador had alot of skill, once was enough for me as well.

As for different cultural definitions of cruelty to animals, I bought the ticket through a Mexican nun. She neither went to watch the fight, nor did she try to dissuade me from going. She did point out that the matador was famous, so if one was to go see a fight, this was the one to see.

Yes, I saw it, and once was enough.

Last edited:
So what happens to that bull now?

With obviously superior genetics, I'd say he's earned the right to be put out to stud ...
Nope, doesn't work that way.

Traumatized as he now is by the whole experience, there's nothing left but to slaughter him. Because bulls traumatized like that are now a perpetual time bomb. He'll now kill anything that moves.

Since when is it the aim for a fisherman to kill the animal by sticking a sword in a fish's brains after torturing him with sticking sharp objects in his back to weaken him?

Most fisherman fish for sport (and put back their fish without killing it) and some fish to eat it, but again, not through a process of torturing the fish to death.
You ever done the high seas? Marlin for instance?

By comparison, shooting a lion is merciful. If one can shoot, that is.

Last edited:
If you know nothing about Spain you'd really be doing yourself a favour if you just said nothing as well.

Well, you seem to forget the 40 plus years Spain was ruled under the regime of General Franco, which was a horrendous regime for 40 years.
and that makes Spain a country having one of the world's worst human rights records today?

Last edited:
and that makes Spain a country having one of the world's worst human rights records today?

Nobody has ever made that assertion. There's a world out there, its not just Europe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom