• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top 5 TV Shows

Deuce

Outer space potato man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What do you people watch? What are your all-time favorites? Mine:

1) The Shield. You haven't seen the dark side of police drama until you've watched this show. FX knocked this one way, way out of the park. On the scale of People You Don't Want To Be On The Bad Side Of, Vic Mackey rates at around "Old Testament God."

2) Firefly. The only reason this show isn't #1 is that it only had one season. Fox royally screwed up with this show. The episodes were running out of order, changing timeslots, and were preempted by Major League Baseball. "Gee, this show sure has poor ratings!" Way to go. Watch the pilot. (Hulu has it free!) If you don't love every character you're a bad, bad person. The best cast chemistry I've ever seen, with awesome writing to go with it.

3) Deadwood. It's awesome. Especially if you like whores. Lots and lots of whores. Hey, it was a gold rush town, ok? Al Swearingen's rants in his olde english style are fantastic. Great cast all around. Sheriff Bullock is one of my favorite characters in TV history. (and you can see Oliphant playing basically the same character in the currently running show "Justified.")

4) Battlestar Galactica. (New Series) People often mistake this show for a science fiction show. It's actually a drama with a science fiction setting. The show is more about the characters than it is about the pew pew space guns. Despite taking place on a big, heavily armed spaceship trying to escape from a race of artificial life forms bent on destroying them, the show feels real for the entire trip, because the characters react in such a human way to their situation. And for that scifi explosion nerd inside all of us, there's plenty of space dogfight action, and every battle has such a sense of urgency. After all, this is it. Galactica and its fleet is all that's left of humanity. A losing battle means extinction. Also very noteworthy is the utterly amazing musical direction by Bear McCreary.

5) The Daily Show With Jon Stewart. Four days a week I get reminded that the world we live in is completely absurd and I shouldn't take things too seriously.

The Shield - What you said

Archer - IMO, the funniest and most intelligent comedy I've ever seen. The show started out great and then got better with every episode. I was practically giddy when FX signed up for Season 2. Just outstanding.

[ame="http://www.hulu.com/watch/127971/archer-mole-hunt-aka-pilot"]Hulu - Archer: Mole Hunt (Aka Pilot) - Watch the full episode now.@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.hulu.com/embed/mAvV8jGFihHBEm9JGeSDXQ@@AMEPARAM@@mAvV8jGFihHBEm9JGeSDXQ[/ame]

I'm about to start the Wire and have very high hopes. I'll report back if it's as good as I've heard.

What do you people watch? What are your all-time favorites? Mine:

1) The Shield. You haven't seen the dark side of police drama until you've watched this show. FX knocked this one way, way out of the park. On the scale of People You Don't Want To Be On The Bad Side Of, Vic Mackey rates at around "Old Testament God."

2) Firefly. The only reason this show isn't #1 is that it only had one season. Fox royally screwed up with this show. The episodes were running out of order, changing timeslots, and were preempted by Major League Baseball. "Gee, this show sure has poor ratings!" Way to go. Watch the pilot. (Hulu has it free!) If you don't love every character you're a bad, bad person. The best cast chemistry I've ever seen, with awesome writing to go with it.

3) Deadwood. It's awesome. Especially if you like whores. Lots and lots of whores. Hey, it was a gold rush town, ok? Al Swearingen's rants in his olde english style are fantastic. Great cast all around. Sheriff Bullock is one of my favorite characters in TV history. (and you can see Oliphant playing basically the same character in the currently running show "Justified.")

4) Battlestar Galactica. (New Series) People often mistake this show for a science fiction show. It's actually a drama with a science fiction setting. The show is more about the characters than it is about the pew pew space guns. Despite taking place on a big, heavily armed spaceship trying to escape from a race of artificial life forms bent on destroying them, the show feels real for the entire trip, because the characters react in such a human way to their situation. And for that scifi explosion nerd inside all of us, there's plenty of space dogfight action, and every battle has such a sense of urgency. After all, this is it. Galactica and its fleet is all that's left of humanity. A losing battle means extinction. Also very noteworthy is the utterly amazing musical direction by Bear McCreary.

5) The Daily Show With Jon Stewart. Four days a week I get reminded that the world we live in is completely absurd and I shouldn't take things too seriously.

The Larry Sanders Show
Barney Miller
The Twilight Zone
MASH/Carol Burnette/All In The Family
Malcolm In The Middle
South Park

Sorry, only one is current.

I have been wanting to see the episodes of Breaking Bad, but I travel a lot and can't schedule things. Brian Cranston is excellent, though. Will try to buy all of its seasons soon.

1)Seinfeld

2)Six Feet Under

3) South Park

4) Simpsons

5) Scrubs

*Not including reality tv or news shows in my list. *

Last edited:
1. Breaking bad (If you've never heard of it defiantly need to look into it)

2. Justified

3. Archer

4. How to catch a predator (while it lasted :()

5. Build it bigger

Mash
All in the Family
Southpark
The Daily Show
The Dog Whisperer

1) House

2) Fringe

3) Bones

4) 24

5) Southpark

currently

breaking bad
the daily show
meet the press
face the nation
the office (actually a tie with the simpsons)

The Larry Sanders Show
Barney Miller
The Twilight Zone
MASH/Carol Burnette/All In The Family
Malcolm In The Middle
South Park

Sorry, only one is current.

I have been wanting to see the episodes of Breaking Bad, but I travel a lot and can't schedule things. Brian Cranston is excellent, though. Will try to buy all of its seasons soon.

Haven't thought about the old Barney Miller series for some time but I did like it. Det Yemana was my favorite.
Here is a show you never got to see. It was during the taping of their last show.
YouTube- Barney Miller Last Show 1977 Season Blooper ABC Wojo Harris

This thread makes me cry cause my most favorite all time show just ended. :(:cry:

1)The Simpsons
2)Seinfeld
3)Boy Meets World
4)FLCL
5)x-files

1. Mother****ing LOST, **** you all, go to hell if you don't like it. I hope the smoke monster gets you. (j/k, I really don't give a **** if folks don't like it)

2. X-Files

3. SG1

4. House

5. Dukes of Hazard (oh yeah, I went there)

i'll list mine, though you'll never have heard of 'em

hey hey its saturday
rockwiz
good news week
blue heelers
spicks and specks

current favs:

the office

modern family (new and VERY funny)

sons of anarchy

justified

iron chef

Family Guy, Jeopardy, Breaking Bad, House, and Dr. Phil.

Dr.Phil fan huh? You into that personal responsibility stuff? :2razz:

Yeah, just call me a sucker for that "brutal truth" that his guests seem to be unable to handle.

It's a good educational tool though.

Not necessarily in this order. But of all time (mine) and IMO importance as far as writing and of course personnel enjoyment.

1) Star Trek TOS

2) Battlestar Galactica (new series)

3) Hill Street Blues

4) M.A.S.H.

5) Wiseguy

If I were going to add another 5 they would be.........

6) The Twilight Zone

7) The Wire

8) The Shield

9) Six Feet Under

10) All in the Family

Dexter

The Tudors

Highlander

Malcolm in the Middle

Fanboy and ChumChum

(I could add more - Sanford and Son, Six Feet Under - classics that will never end for me)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom