• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top 5 TV Shows

When I was in Mexico everyone kept calling me Highlander. :mrgreen:

In no particular order

1. Firefly
2. Chuck
3. Dr. Who
4. Babylon 5
5. Dexter

The Tudors, Burn Notice, Family Guy, the Simpsons and Dexter.

Top Five-in no particular Order

1) Buffy the Vampire Slayer

2) Hill Street Blues

3) NYPD

4) Law and Order (the original which just ended)

5) Star Trek

Lost, House, Lost, Bones, Lost,

1. Dirty Jobs
  2. Southpark/RobotChicken
  3. Modern Marvels
  4. Ice Road Truckers
  5. Mythbusters

Last edited:
House, Bones, and NCIS are on my DVR settings and me and my fiance watch them routinely. I've also got the first season for Firefly and we're watching through that. All good stuff.

(Random note for House fans, go look up some youtube videos for "A bit of Fry and Laurie" and also possibly "Blackadder". I've never been able to look at House the same way. Interesting note, the first show also contains a semi-frequent guest star for Bones as well.)

I absolutely love South Park and they're still going strong. I'm a sucker for animated shows though. Put Futurama (great great show), the Simpsons, King of the Hill, Family Guy, or American Dad (**** the cleveland show) and I'll at the very least keep it on in the background.

Was watching Rescue Me for a while in college with a group of guys but haven't seen it in some time. I know I need to check out a few of the FX shows like The Shield and Sons of Anarchy. Also Always Sunny in Philedelphia.

I tried watching some of season six of 24 and it was interesting but not enough to absolutely hook me for every week, which then led me to being lost (This was before I had a DVR). I'm going to watch them starting from season 1 on netflix.

I've heard Dexter and Breaking Bad are good and need to find the DVD's of them I think. Also the USA network shows with Psych (liked what I saw of the first season) and especially Burn Notice (Bruce Campbell ftw).

Archer looks pretty good, will definitely check it out.

Tempted to buy HBO here in the next year or so for no other reason than to watch the new Game of Thrones series based off George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.

1. The Office (US)
2. Law & Order SVU
3. South Park
4. SNL
5. The Daily Show

1. Dexter
2. Monk
3. Burn Notice
4. Scrubs
5. Malcolm In the Middle

In no particular order.

Breaking Bad
The Wire
Carnivale (Dammit -- canceled after only two seasons!)
Battlestar Galactica
Lost (Sure, the characters were stuck in a state of two dimensionality, but the story was one of the most compelling ones I've ever seen)

Dexter would have made the list, but something about it has turned me off lately. It's become kind of a hokey in a way I can't quite put my finger on.

At the moment I watch:

The Simpsons: Not as good as it used to be, but still better than 99% of the shows on TV.
Big Bang Theory: One of the few sit-coms worth watching right now. Especially funny if you're a nerd like I am.
Fringe: Another great show. It's what X-files could have been.
Mythbusters: What can I say, I like watching them blow **** up (that, and working on that show is my dream job).
South Park: Hilarious. I love the fact that nothing is sacred to them.

After hearing you all talk about it, I want to check out breaking bad even more now.

Last edited:
Arrested Development is my all time favorite - no question. I've seen every episode dozens of times and still catch new jokes and references.

More recently I've been watching Dexter. The second season was ****ing nuts - I'm just starting the third now and so far it has not disappointed

Dexter
Weeds

Profit. Eight episodes of pure, concentrated awesome.
Firefly. What everyone else said.
Leverage. John Rogers is hereby forgiven for The Core.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. Best cops out of the entire franchise.
Law & Order. Twenty amazing seasons and fingers crossed for a twenty-first.

1) Gargoyles
2) Justice Leauge / Justice League Unlimited
3) Profit
4) X-Files
5) The Adventures of Briscoe County, Jr.

True Blood
Firefly
Law and Order
X-Files
House

Currently the five best shows currently on t.v. or on their season break, in no particular order are Breaking Bad, Dr. Who, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Burn Notice, and House. Honorable mentions go to Sons of Anarchy, NCIS, Tosh.0, Websoup, Attack of the Show, and Metalocalypse. Rescue Me would make the list but I kind of lost track of the show after Tommy started to become such a ***** but I'm going to check out the last season and maybe catch up on the last season the majority of which I missed. I'm going to give this new show White Collar a shot as well, didn't watch it while it aired but will be getting the DVD. Psych is pretty good too as is White Collar but I missed the season premiere of that but did catch the season premiere of Burn Notice, FYI it ****ing rocked.

Some good shows that recently went off the air are Monk, The Shield, and Law and Order Criminal Intent, and yes it is off the air IMHO, Goren made the show and Goldblum can suck it.

Last edited:
Can't believe so few people have mentioned The Wire. Baffling.
  1. The Wire
  2. The World at War
  3. Len Deighton's Game, Set and Match
  4. Blackadder
  5. The Royle Family

Hmmmm.... tough one...

Firefly
Bablyon5, seasons 1-4.
Deadwood
Lost
The Sopranos

Honorable mention...
True Blood
Vampire Diaries
All versions of Star Trek
Rome
Have Gun Will Travel (some of you might even remember it...)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom