• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Top 40 Signs You Might Be A Liberal

FreeThinker

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Top 40 Signs you might be a liberal:

1. If the letter W makes you froth at the mouth, you might be a liberal.

2. If you make under $20,000 per year, you might be a liberal.

3. If you live with your parents, you might be a liberal.

4. If you get all your news from The New York Times, you might be a liberal.

5. If you come from France, you might be a liberal.

6. If you think Michael Moore makes documentaries, you might be a liberal.

7. If you know everything about Vietnam and nothing about the Korean War, you might be a liberal.

8. If you think trees are more important than people, you might be a liberal.

9. If you watched the movie Water World and took it as an accurate representation of the future, you might be a liberal.

10. If Sean Penn is your favorite actor, you might be a liberal.

11. If you think Barbera Streisand can sing, you might be a liberal.

12. If you think you can sue anyone at anytime for anything and receive 500 million dollars, you might be a liberal.

13. If you walk by someone smoking a cigarette and start coughing violently and giving them dirty looks (and maybe suing them later), you might be a liberal.

14. If you have been rebelling against your parents for 30 years, you might be a liberal.

15. If you failed in your professional life and resorted to teaching at the local community college, you might be a liberal.

16. If you think Jews cause all world problems, you might be a liberal.

17. If you think Hitler was misunderstood, you might be a liberal.

18. If you think minorities are too stupid to fend for themselves and need "educated" white people like you to help them out, you might be a liberal.

19. If you think burning an American flag is a legitimate form of free speech, you might be a liberal.

20. If you think the "Muslim street" should dictate foreign policy, you might be a liberal.

21. If you constantly reference "American Imperialism" but forget that Japan nor Germany are part of our "empire", you might be a liberal.

22. If you think Bush has a magic hurricane machine that he used to kill all the black people in New Orleans, you might be a liberal.

23. If you think dropping boxes of food on people is going to fix all their problems, you might be a liberal.

24. If you think people that have been on wellfare for 20 years just haven't had luck finding a job, you might be a liberal.

25. If you work less than 25 hours per week, you might be a liberal.

26. If you have never held a job longer than 6 months, you might be a liberal.

27. If you think Presidents should have the right to catch a BJ in the most respected office in the land while at work and not get fired, you might be a liberal.

28. If you have ever written anything for the AP at any time, you might be a liberal.

29. If you would rather use a coathanger than a condom, you might be a liberal.

30. If you think Howard Dean is not the antichrist, you might be a liberal.

31. If you only read up to #10 on this list and responded with "how childish" or "pussiant peasant" or "I'm offended", you might be a liberal.

32. If you think people should be able to kill a family of 3 with a shotgun as well as a man lying face down on the floor, deny it, and not be executed... you might be a liberal.

33. If you got pissed off when Iraq had its first successful election, you might be a liberal.

34. If you think healthcare should be free as long as it doesn't come out of your paycheck, you might be a liberal.

35. If you think a trial attorney that made his living off of tying up the courts with frivolous lawsuits should be the Vice President, you might be a liberal.

36. If you think that a man that made his living by being the male equivalent of a gold digger should be president, you might be a liberal.

37. If you think throwing money at bad people makes them go away, you might be a liberal.

38. If you have never read the graffiti on the walls of every building in Grenada, you might be a liberal.

39. If you think 9/11 was a legitimate response to American aggression, you might be a liberal.

40. If you hate America, you might be a a liberal.

[Moderator mode]

Move to the more appropriate forum...

[/Moderator mode]

FreeThinker said:
16. If you think Jews cause all world problems, you might be a liberal.

17. If you think Hitler was misunderstood, you might be a liberal.

Wait, wtf? Doesn't humour have to make sense to be funny?

This whole thing is asinine. Nope, sorry, I'm not pissed off. I'm just shaking my head wondering how you can even attempt to write a list like this when you're obviously not even close to being educated about your subject.

Here's a hint: If you were trying to be funny, it didn't work. You have to know what you're talking about before you can be funny with it.

Hey Free Thinker, you get an A+ for your fine work here. Not only were you right on the money with every description of a liberal--but now some of them see how outlandish their behavior is, and why there is tremendous humor when stating facts. I could add to the list, but better left for another posting.
I don't know where you posted it before--but I see the busy body CNNredd has come to the rescue for the thin-skinned liberals again by relegating that fine post to the basement of despair. HeHeHe!

ps: That post should be made into a political commercial to be aired on TV before every national election.

ptsdkid said:
Hey Free Thinker, you get an A+ for your fine work here. Not only were you right on the money with every description of a liberal--but now some of them see how outlandish their behavior is, and why there is tremendous humor when stating facts. I could add to the list, but better left for another posting.
I don't know where you posted it before--but I see the busy body CNNredd has come to the rescue for the thin-skinned liberals again by relegating that fine post to the basement of despair. HeHeHe!

ps: That post should be made into a political commercial to be aired on TV before every national election.

Well, no sh!t this got relegated to the basement.....it has no merit anywhere else on the forum.

If the two of you have such a problem with liberals (though your view is completely skewed), you're in the wrong *****ing place. Go find a forum where conservatives can sit around and agree with each other, since that seems to be what you're looking for.

Stace said:
Well, no sh!t this got relegated to the basement.....it has no merit anywhere else on the forum.

If the two of you have such a problem with liberals (though your view is completely skewed), you're in the wrong *****ing place. Go find a forum where conservatives can sit around and agree with each other, since that seems to be what you're looking for.

****Wrong again Trace. Of course you think the facts and truth of liberalism have no merit on these heavily slanted liberal forums. Didn't I just go over that entire issue with CNNredd?
These are political debate forums, dear, or so they should be in the true sense of debating. Don't they have a sub forum here dedicated to knitting or basket weaving where you don't have defend or explain a political ideology? Want me to take the lead for you by suggesting to our open-minded moderators that they set up another topic forum that might just cater to your apolitical desires?

ptsdkid said:
****Wrong again Trace. Of course you think the facts and truth of liberalism have no merit on these heavily slanted liberal forums. Didn't I just go over that entire issue with CNNredd?
These are political debate forums, dear, or so they should be in the true sense of debating. Don't they have a sub forum here dedicated to knitting or basket weaving where you don't have defend or explain a political ideology? Want me to take the lead for you by suggesting to our open-minded moderators that they set up another topic forum that might just cater to your apolitical desires?

I'm not the one that has a problem with everyone that doesn't agree with me. Nor do I have a completely skewed opinion as to what a conservative is or isn't. I'm not the one saying "All you conservatives" and the like. I do, however, think your attempts to discredit liberals, and make them out to be the bad guys, are pathetic. I'm certainly not the only person on this forum holding that sentiment.

If you think that what you do is actually debating, I think you might want to take another peek at the dictionary.

Stace said:
I'm not the one that has a problem with everyone that doesn't agree with me. Nor do I have a completely skewed opinion as to what a conservative is or isn't. I'm not the one saying "All you conservatives" and the like. I do, however, think your attempts to discredit liberals, and make them out to be the bad guys, are pathetic. I'm certainly not the only person on this forum holding that sentiment.

If you think that what you do is actually debating, I think you might want to take another peek at the dictionary.

****You continue to miss the point here. The act of debating is not being addressed here. There is no debate on these 'Debate Politics' forums. This is the point that I've been trying to highlight with moderators like Moon and CNNredd. No one is debating here because to 'debate' means to take a differing view or have a differing belief in all things political, and voicing these positions attacks the over-sensitive feelings of the majority, which is just too much for the moderators to handle.
If you and other liberals think that I'm painting you all with too wide a brush--then why don't you counter your concern by 'debating' my criticism with the 'truth' as you see it, and from your particular political viewpoint?
Not only don't we get to see 'debate' here, but the term 'interactive forum' becomes a farce as well.

Top Signs That You Might Be A Dick

1. Your name is ptsdkid or FreeThinker.

The problem with people like pstkid and the dipshit that started this topic is that they have no respect for other peoples ideals other then their own. I might be a liberal but I don't look down upon conservatives just because thats what they are. Intolerance does nothing to help your argument.

****You continue to miss the point here. The act of debating is not being addressed here. There is no debate on these 'Debate Politics' forums. This is the point that I've been trying to highlight with moderators like Moon and CNNredd. No one is debating here because to 'debate' means to take a differing view or have a differing belief in all things political, and voicing these positions attacks the over-sensitive feelings of the majority, which is just too much for the moderators to handle.
If you and other liberals think that I'm painting you all with too wide a brush--then why don't you counter your concern by 'debating' my criticism with the 'truth' as you see it, and from your particular political viewpoint?
Not only don't we get to see 'debate' here, but the term 'interactive forum' becomes a farce as well.

Because its pointless and a waste of bandwith. If you want to bitch and moan about liberals, go somewhere else. This isn't your forum. As far as I can tell from your posts, all you want to do is **** people off. Why don't you go to some other forum where people actually don't give a **** about trolls such as yourself.

FinnMacCool said:
The problem with people like pstkid and the dipshit that started this topic is that they have no respect for other peoples ideals other then their own. I might be a liberal but I don't look down upon conservatives just because thats what they are. Intolerance does nothing to help your argument.

****No respect for other people's ideals? You may not look down upon conservatives, but the liberal media highlighted by Michael Moore, Howard Dean, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry et al do nothing but attack conservatives, our values and our religion. Where have you been? Howard Dean and a few other leading Democrats have gone as far as to say that president Bush is a terrorist. What we're saying on these forums is quite mild to the daily abuse handed down by the leading Democrats. Your problem Mr. Cool--is that you don't have the amunition to defend your sorry ideals, or the temperment to take constructive criticism of your anti American stands/views. Until you prove that you can deliver here--you leave us no other option to rate you alongside the rest of the liberal losers.

ptsdkid said:
****No respect for other people's ideals? You may not look down upon conservatives, but the liberal media highlighted by Michael Moore, Howard Dean, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry et al do nothing but attack conservatives, our values and our religion. Where have you been? Howard Dean and a few other leading Democrats have gone as far as to say that president Bush is a terrorist. What we're saying on these forums is quite mild to the daily abuse handed down by the leading Democrats. Your problem Mr. Cool--is that you don't have the amunition to defend your sorry ideals, or the temperment to take constructive criticism of your anti American stands/views. Until you prove that you can deliver here--you leave us no other option to rate you alongside the rest of the liberal losers.

"Whine.....whine...oh poor me..." Hey, I've got five bucks that says ptsdkid routinely got the **** kicked out of him by a liberal when he was younger. Nothing else really explains a) his delusional, extreme animosity towards us and b) his inability to construct a post that is not full of self pity.

<sigh> once again I'm coined as a democrat. It only further proves your ignorance and stupidity.

If you only had a brain. . .http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/6396/ifionly.htm

ptsdkid said:

Really? You think that no debate happens here? You're obviously not looking at the right threads, because I've been involved in some pretty heavy debates in my month here. You think that everyone here has the same opinion on things? Wrong again. You see what you want to see, but the rest of the world? Threw away their rose colored glasses a long time ago.

Why should I bother to "debate" your criticism? You can't reason with someone who lost their mind years ago. Trying to "debate" with you would be like talking to a rock - and I have better things to do with my life.

Kelzie said:
"Whine.....whine...oh poor me..." Hey, I've got five bucks that says ptsdkid routinely got the **** kicked out of him by a liberal when he was younger. Nothing else really explains a) his delusional, extreme animosity towards us and b) his inability to construct a post that is not full of self pity.

Since this is "the basement" I'm going to have to go ahead and say you look like an anorexic cancer patient on a diet in south africa during ramadan.

Go eat some red meat. I bet you kids are going to come out weighing 2 ounces and with 1 eye.

Engimo said:
Top Signs That You Might Be A Dick

1. Your name is ptsdkid or FreeThinker.

I'm going to have to go ahead and concede a "lol" on that one.

Stace said:
Really? You think that no debate happens here? You're obviously not looking at the right threads, because I've been involved in some pretty heavy debates in my month here.

If by "debate" you mean posting your ugly picture in a religion thread to hear all the chess club 90 pound sex starved computer dorks hit on you... then yes. Wonderful debate skills.

Stace said:
This whole thing is asinine. Nope, sorry, I'm not pissed off. I'm just shaking my head wondering how you can even attempt to write a list like this when you're obviously not even close to being educated about your subject.

Here's a hint: If you were trying to be funny, it didn't work. You have to know what you're talking about before you can be funny with it.

This comming from someone who didn't know who Newdow was. LOLOL.

Wts an education.

FreeThinker said:
Since this is "the basement" I'm going to have to go ahead and say you look like an anorexic cancer patient on a diet in south africa during ramadan.

Go eat some red meat. I bet you kids are going to come out weighing 2 ounces and with 1 eye.

And yet, somehow, I'm going to bet I still look better than you do. How sad. At least I have an excuse.

Kelzie said:
At least I have an excuse.

Woah! Did I just get you to admit that you are ugly?

I WIN!!!

Er. . . . . . . .

I think the winner is the person who looks the best at the end of the thread. You seem to be picking up the Trojanitis virus, which symptons include whining constantly and declaring victory before the end.

FinnMacCool said:
Er. . . . . . . .

I think the winner is the person who looks the best at the end of the thread. You seem to be picking up the Trojanitis virus, which symptons include whining constantly and declaring victory before the end.

Maybe I should declair victory like Al Gore after the 2000 election. That would make me the true winner.

FreeThinker said:
Woah! Did I just get you to admit that you are ugly?

I WIN!!!

Ummm no. You didn't. I personally think I'm pretty cute, but I suppose I have a slight bias.

Back
Top Bottom