• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Top 10 Wines to Serve With Pizza

Which of these wines do you enjoy - with or without a pizza?

• I enjoy

• Rosé

• Syrah & Grenache

• Lambrusco

• Pinot Noir

• Chianti

• Chardonnay

• Sauvignon Blanc

• Syrah

• Riesling Beaujolais

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Top 10 Wines to Serve With Pizza​

Pizza is a big part of modern living, and many can’t even imagine their lives without it at least once per week. When it comes to drinks and pizza, a big percentage of the people opt for coke, beer, or some other soft drink.

Serving pizza with wine may not be as popular as pizza and beer, but that’s okay. Simultaneously, just because wine is not the default drink served with pizza, it doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t give it a try.

Here a mistake happened.
The first choice and the last choice have gone wrong - but I cannot edit it.

White wine with pizza. Something with good acidity to cut through the fattiness of the cheese. Sauvignon Blanc would probably be a good call. However SB isn’t widely planted in Italy, so perhaps Pinot Grigio would be appropriate here. Not a huge fan of PG as I find it a bit too light. Grillo is a grape from Sicily with bright acidity, might be the perfect pairing.

White wine with pizza. Something with good acidity to cut through the fattiness of the cheese. Sauvignon Blanc would probably be a good call. However SB isn’t widely planted in Italy, so perhaps Pinot Grigio would be appropriate here. Not a huge fan of PG as I find it a bit too light. Grillo is a grape from Sicily with bright acidity, might be the perfect pairing.
You over-thought this question…….

Top TEN? After the first three I can't tell the difference!

Any such rules that you are obliged to drink beer instead of wine with anything are most idiotic and stupid rules.
And if you follow such idiotic rules it is your own fault.
Wise people act according to their own taste - not according to the order of others.

5 voters so far,
And Lambrusco, Chianti, Sauvignon Blanc have got 2 votes each.

Any such rules that you are obliged to drink beer instead of wine with anything are most idiotic and stupid rules.
And if you follow such idiotic rules it is your own fault.
Wise people act according to their own taste - not according to the order of others.
What do you pair with bratwurst?

Bier ist die einzige antwort

Beer is the only answer

Top 10 Wines to Serve With Pizza​

No no no no no.

Pizza is unequivocally a BEER food. One of the most absolutely BEER foods in existence. :)

I'm not even much of a beer drinker (a six pack lasts me half a year), but if you asked me what dinner goes with beer, it would be pizza or mexican!

Nonsense.
There are no laws about this.

Oh I'm just having fun. Drink whatever suits your palette, I don't care. But if we're sitting at the table together, I will most definitely poke a little good-natured fun at you for having wine with pizza. :)

Which is better?

Which is Better?

We’re a wine website so we’re going to lean towards wine as the better pairing for pizza than beer.
However, both certainly have their positives. You’re just as likely to enjoy a slice with an ice-cold beer as you are to enjoy one with an interesting glass of Italian red wine.
As usual, it comes down to personal preference. Those who like the touch of fruitiness that wine brings will prefer that as a pairing. Those looking for something a little more bitter may prefer to lean towards beer.

We are free people with a free taste.
We are not the slaves of idiotic law makers when it comes to pizza and wine and beer. :)

Oh I'm just having fun. Drink whatever suits your palette, I don't care. But if we're sitting at the table together, I will most definitely poke a little good-natured fun at you for having wine with pizza. :)
OP has no sense of humor, especially when they are conducting polls….🤷

Sauvignon Blanc​

so say 3 out of 6.

At this moment I would say: Pinot Noir Rosé. :)
I might say something else in an hour or tomorrow.
Depending on my mood. :)

Sauvignon Blanc​

so say 3 out of 6.

At this moment I would say: Pinot Noir Rosé. :)
I might say something else in an hour or tomorrow.
Depending on my mood. :)
I won’t rest until I hear what you have to say!

No no no no no.

Pizza is unequivocally a BEER food. One of the most absolutely BEER foods in existence. :)

I'm not even much of a beer drinker (a six pack lasts me half a year), but if you asked me what dinner goes with beer, it would be pizza or mexican!
We have been to Pizzarias in Germany. Back in the day it was a white tablecloth, lit candle event. Authentic Italian menu, Italian wait staff. Lots of Chianti, soft drinks without ice... Things may have changed since.

We have been to Pizzarias in Germany. Back in the day it was a white tablecloth, lit candle event. Authentic Italian menu, Italian wait staff. Lots of Chianti, soft drinks without ice... Things may have changed since.
Chianti is in a category of it's own.

Wine with Pizza!?!? Gott in Himmel! Pizza is a beer or soda food. Maybe a really cheap wine out of a box in the worst case scenario, but good wine? No! Nay! Never! Neimals! Überhaupt nichte! ;)

Cheers and be better.
A shuddering Evilroddy.

Were you living there or visiting?

Back
Top Bottom